collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strangest place you've FOUND a pony in the wild?  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Strangest place you've FOUND a pony in the wild?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »
not a pony, but I "found" a fellow collector in the wild on a shopping trip one time! We recognized each other from photos we'd posted here!

How fun! That is awesome. Makes me wonder how close some of us live to each other without knowing it.

Offline Terra

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Longeared/
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
My ex found some in the trash??? This is after we broke up n stuff and we were in different states. I think he might of been looking in peoples garbage cans?? I have no idea what the circumstances there were and probably don't wanna, but I ended up getting them through a mutual friend. A couple of g1s and fakies; and I think it was indicated that there were more left behind in the trash. ANYWayyy, its a pretty weird story, but that's how I got my dazzleglow variant with blue confetti.

Another unusual find was at the flea market. I mean, finding ponies there is pretty normal, but this was at a lot that didn't have any. But in a pile of baby toys I found a baby sea pony float - the pink crocodile one. Nice! My partner thought it was weird I swooped up what looked like a baby's teething toy at the time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2016, 05:19:21 PM »
Had to be when I turned the corner in the bookstore I worked at and saw 4-Speed laying in the middle of the aisle, what a crazy scene!  Turns out the little girl had just dropped him and was just around the corner so I didn't get to keep him  :pout:
Wildest place I ever found one... But not as strange as some of your stories!!!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
I don't think I've found a pony anywhere weird but I found a MIB Pound Puppy at Goodwill 2 weeks ago and after I got in the car my kids were looking at it and found Princess Sparkle's wand inside!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 10:01:08 AM »
One evening in 2008, I went with my mom to her jeweler's to get her engagement ring cleaned. It had been a long day for me, and the only place to sit down was in the little kids' play area in the corner. Since I was bored and naturally nosy, I opened the toy box, and I was surprised to find five or six dirty, matted G1 plushes looking back at me. Diamonds in the very rough! :lol: The jewelry shop was privately owned, so I thought about offering to exchange them for new plushes, or at least clean them up so they weren't so gross, but I chickened out because the owner was a very posh and intimidating lady. :blush:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »
I found G1 Beach Ball all alone in a box of old and used dishes. The owner had no idea where the pony came from, lol.

edit : gosh just thought of another one, I totally have to tell...

Years ago, I bought Italy Bowtie and Baby Blossom on eBay. My eBay account had my old adress because I had only moved a few weeks ago. It was the adress of my parents house, so packages for me sometimes arrived at theirs. Well, one day then, my mother called telling me my dad had found two G1 ponies in the gutter right on the main street. I freaked out in excitement lol. We visited them a few days later. I was happily thinking about picking up my package with Bowtie and Baby Blossom which should have arrived by then aaaand I was soo excited to find out what ponies my father had found. To my surprise, no package had arrived in the meantime and guess what?! When my father pulled the ponies he found out of his pocket... it was Italy Bowtie and Baby Blossom o.0 He told me they had been lying in the gutter with a cardboard box next to them but he didnt pay attention to the box. Wow... they must have had a very lazy postman... I cannot think of another way how my package has ended up on the mainstreet in the gutter.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:41:47 AM by Einhornbaby »

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »
My partner found one at a pull-a-part (a junk yard where you bring your own tools and can go and pull your own car parts from a bunch of wrecked ones they have sitting in the yard)

It was a MCD Butterscotch underneath a car in a dried mud puddle, he had to dig her out for me.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »
I found a gen 3 pinkie pie in one of the snow piles after they plowed, just her head and tail were sticking out. I thought it was gonna be a hacked up pony but nope she was dug out intact and covered in grime. Now her hair is a very light pink, and she has some road rash if you look close enough. Other than that she is fine, and cleaned up nicely. I work at a grocery store, and look through the snow piles as they melt.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
Well does my forehead count?Because a little girl threw her mcdonalds pinkie pie at me once.And it's not the worse... she threw her dolls at me, and even a stapler.Yes you've read right, she threw a stapler at me.Pinkie was nothing because a monster high lagoona went right near my eye.Result : a one of the glass from my eyeglasses was broken.And the best is that i still managed to save this pinkie.

Whoa, where you babysitting this kid? Did you know her at all? That's pretty intense.

It's not so strange but I found a Dancing Butterflies at a salvage store that sells a lot of used building equipment. They have a toy section, too, but this particular pony was in very nice shape.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »
I found G1 Beach Ball all alone in a box of old and used dishes. The owner had no idea where the pony came from, lol.

Years ago, I bought Italy Bowtie and Baby Blossom on eBay. My eBay account had my old adress because I had only moved a few weeks ago. It was the adress of my parents house, so packages for me sometimes arrived at theirs. Well, one day then, my mother called telling me my dad had found two G1 ponies in the gutter right on the main street. I freaked out in excitement lol. We visited them a few days later. I was happily thinking about picking up my package with Bowtie and Baby Blossom which should have arrived by then aaaand I was soo excited to find out what ponies my father had found. To my surprise, no package had arrived in the meantime and guess what?! When my father pulled the ponies he found out of his pocket... it was Italy Bowtie and Baby Blossom o.0 He told me they had been lying in the gutter with a cardboard box next to them but he didnt pay attention to the box. Wow... they must have had a very lazy postman... I cannot think of another way how my package has ended up on the mainstreet in the gutter.

That's cool about Beach Ball! But oh wow, that is just awful about your package! At least you still got your Ponies, but I hope they weren't damaged from lying in the gutter! Did you complain to the post office?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »
Well does my forehead count?Because a little girl threw her mcdonalds pinkie pie at me once.And it's not the worse... she threw her dolls at me, and even a stapler.Yes you've read right, she threw a stapler at me.Pinkie was nothing because a monster high lagoona went right near my eye.Result : a one of the glass from my eyeglasses was broken.And the best is that i still managed to save this pinkie.

Wow! What a little brat!

I found some G3 stickers at a dollar store earlier this year.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:43:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2016, 10:29:54 PM »

That's cool about Beach Ball! But oh wow, that is just awful about your package! At least you still got your Ponies, but I hope they weren't damaged from lying in the gutter! Did you complain to the post office?

they were fine all over thankfully :) And yes, we did complain but the postman claimed he had delivered it to the doorstep... someone must have stolen it because they thought there might be something expensive in the package and then threw the ponies away in disappointment or something lol. Im still glad my father found them :)

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 03:27:51 AM »
When I was a teenager I found a g2 Copper Glow sticking out of a garbage can on the street outside a house. I grabbed her, and I wish I had been brave enough to just peek inside the can to see if there were more there but I was afraid someone would see me :P
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2016, 03:44:07 AM »
I found a Cotton Candy buried in my sister's yard while putting in a garden.  I will try to dig the photos out of my photobucket later and post them.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline C-Puff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 09:48:40 AM »
Who are these people throwing all these ponies in the trash? D:

Weirdest place I ever found a pony, maybe not technically weird but still, around the early 2000s I found the year 10 Birthday Pony at a doctor's office in the waiting room among the other toys for the kids. The weird part is that apart from puncture marks on her ears where a little girl presumably gave her earings, she's in really good condition! She still has all her streamers, her hair is uncut and she has no fading or symbol rub!

And this from a doctor's waiting room! You'd think she'd have been damaged long ago!

The doctor was nice enough to let me buy her :D so she's on my shelf now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal