Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

the symbol of greek Easter Candle pony "Lambaditsa"

(1/10) > >>

Ponyland:
I'm having the flu and it is boring.  :snore:
We ended up having an interesting discussion on FB about what Lambaditsas symbol pictures, and after staring on pictures of several blurry symbols, and one strong but in a difficult angle, I started to see bows wrapping the candles. I know that the blur has been interpreted as a wreath before, but I have never felt like it matched the greek easter theme.   ^^;

I made a quick drawing on my phone of what I see when looking at the symbol. It's not exactly accurate, because I painted it with my finger, lol. :art:

Greek easter candles with pretty bows seams to be a thing, so I kind of feel like it fits the easter theme better.. I don't know if this has been suggested before? Does anyone have a clear image from the side of her symbol that isn't blurred?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

farfallinaki:
Your drawing is amazing,i think it's better than my first thoughts of red eggs..Let's see if anybody knows for sure! v ^.^

Taffeta:
Having never seen this pony in real life (I don't think, I think I've only seen Ladybird), the only thing I can add is that they did a candle pony thing in the nineties sometime. So that would make a lot of sense, esp with the other image you posted...

Although the pony thing they did in the nineties...I'm not quite sure what you'd call that, I don't know if it's another variation on the theme?
Spoilervisitors can't see pics , please register or login

pinkkittywinks:
Oooh the bows on the candles would work! Bows hasn't been suggested before, it's been believed that the candles were sat on a wreath. The wreath is symbol too, there is a loaf called Tsoureki that's eaten at Easter.

All the Easter candles I've been gifted have had pretty ribbons and decorations on them ^.^

Love pkw xxx

Ponyland:

--- Quote from: pinkkittywinks on March 07, 2019, 02:39:43 PM ---Oooh the bows on the candles would work! Bows hasn't been suggested before, it's been believed that the candles were sat on a wreath. The wreath is symbol too, there is a loaf called Tsoureki that's eaten at Easter.

All the Easter candles I've been gifted have had pretty ribbons and decorations on them ^.^

Love pkw xxx

--- End quote ---

I’m glad that you think that it would work. 😊
I have seen pictures of the tsoureki bread, but it looks like the tradition is to stick read eggs in it, and not candles?  :wonder:
The bows makes sence to me, since it is a tradition, and that I can actually see the bows now. I have never been able to see the  wreath/bread at all in the symbol, even though I have been wondering about it for many, many years.  ^.^

Taffeta, the greek easter packed mocs are so cool! I hope to ad one to my collection one day.  :lovey:

Edited to add:

It’s also the matter of the colour of the symbol. Red flames and red bows on blue candles makes sence, but a red wreath or bread does not really in my opinion.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version