collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: question about Greek Easter eggs?  (Read 624 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
question about Greek Easter eggs?
« on: February 27, 2016, 06:03:07 AM »
So I recently bought a MIB egg off ebay since I like El Greco stuff and they made ponies in Greece. I decided to search the board for what else they were used for and found this thread http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,355742.0.html which pretty much answered my questions. I feel kind of dumb now as I think I bought an expensive giant easter egg that held  a doll more than a pony at some point, but figured if I run across a deal on a Ladybird, I could still use it and place her in it for display. Even if she came in a different colored textured egg. Ether way, could the egg still be used for keeping a pony in? Did any other Greek ponies come sold with this color egg?  It will be interesting to see once I get it in hand.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:05:31 AM by plushroo »

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: question about Greek Easter eggs?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 06:17:50 AM »
I think a pink egg may have been sold one year with Grk Cotton Candy wearing a western saddle (from the Grk Show Stable). I think ember may have bought the set, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Guess you already found ember's post.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:41:18 AM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 04:10:51 AM »
Don't feel silly!

El Greco mixed things up a lot, we know that just from the baby buggy's and other baby accessories which were used in other toy lines. Not only that, but the toy shops mixed it up as well since many are family run independent retailers. They would often cobble things together to make special Easter gifts.

If you like the egg and want to display a pony in it that's fine ^.^ it's still an El Greco egg whether it was sold with a pony or not.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »
Not dumb at all! A pony will still display nicely in it, regardless of whether it came with a pony or something else, since El Greco did reuse certain things and where there are differences, they can be minor.

If you like it, that's the main thing :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal