collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crazy weird dream...  (Read 432 times)

Offline secretsheik

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Crazy weird dream...
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »
Pretty much pasting this from my DA because I am ultra too lazy to type it all again.

I know this will sound odd, but I had a dream about the end of the world last night (or at least what was most likely the end of the world). The night before, I had a different dream entirely about a random princess hiding each of her shoes and making princes find them, so this came out of nowhere. I dreamed that I was outside. It was night time, the moon was full, and I was in a garden. I was collecting something from the garden (food, I suppose) when something felt amiss. Somehow I knew there was trouble, and I looked into the sky. The sky grew somewhat reddish, the moon even more so, then the rising sun met the moon. When they came close, a strong surge of lightning (I think) came out of the sun, connecting with the moon. The moon glowed an even brighter red, heating up like magma. I ran, of course, though I didn't really understand where. The thought of fire drew me to run to the falls, where the bare rock and water could protect me from fires, and soon heated chunks of stone fell to the Earth. Everything was ablaze, superheated by the hot chunks of what had been the moon. That's pretty much where I woke up. I don't know what to think about this, I rarely dream about fire. Now I'm hearing about these crazy fires raging out of control (yes, I know they've been going for a while but I am very much behind on the news) but this dream felt entirely different from forest fires. This was almost supernatural with this lightning thing bursting to the moon and having the thing fall like a bazillion fiery comets. Any thoughts? Anyone have a dream dictionary?

Oh wait, found one online. I'm pretty on the fence about dreams and where they stand on coming true, predicting events, or describing situations, but this is the short version of what I saw online here:

Full moon: Being complete/whole, finished, ended.
Fire: Destruction, passion, illumination, transformation, etc
Sun: Seeing a harsh sun means serious problems or complications, pain and chaos
Lightning (couldn't find solar flare or whatever): can mean drastic changes, turns of events, things beyond control and again destruction
Gardening: Work-related issues (hey, already on that, work is fine).
A garden: food garden can symbolize fruits of labors, working to achieve an end, stability
Night: Taking place at night can mean more problems and setbacks, unclear issues and problems seeing what's to come. Can also be death/rebirth cycle. Dawn can mean rejuvenation, but considering what happened, I'd take a looser interpretation of that.

So.... all these things considered, I suppose I'm in for a heck of a ride in terms of chaos? Eh... this is why I'm on the fence about such things. I mean, I dream about giant ants eating tornadoes made of grape jello, so... maybe this one is just indigestion.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Crazy weird dream...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »
Sounds like you have interesting dreams.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
I do, I really do! I've had all manner of ridiculous dreams. I once had a lot of recurring dreams, but once I figured out that if I "solved" them as soon as I woke up, I can cure myself of them if I want. I can also "solve" nightmares if I want to, though it's sometimes less effective. I dream ALL the time, at least half of the nights I've slept, though most of my dreams vanish quickly. The ones I remember are either really wacky or they really make me think. This one was a bit of both.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:01:06 AM »
I have some weird dreams myself ... it's always interesting to look up the meanings.  Downright scary sometimes.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »
Yeah, if all my dreams could be looked up (and a lot of times many elements don't show up) I bet we'd all be in for doom and destruction every week! XD Still... sometimes I dream about cracks in the earth and falling through them (which is unusual since being from the american midwest, I can't even imagine what an earthquake is) but then I hear that somewhere was an earthquake. I might dream about tornadoes but then hurricanes happen somewhere (again, midwest, I can only conceptualize tornadoes). Sometimes I'll dream about a flood, but then fire happens, so it's not really an "accurate" sort of thing. Still, there have been a lot of strange incidents!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:27:39 AM »
I dont find that too wierd.  I have surreal dreams almost every single night..have since I was a small kid :)  I guess it just shows who you are ont he creative scale.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »
How about this interpretation:

You are working hard towards some goal in life but you are unsure of the outcome.  You are concerned about a change coming in your life.  The change could make you angry and upset or afraid and could effect the work you have put in towards your goal.  Your sub-conscious is telling you it's okay to let go of the anger/fear/harsh emotion and you won't be hurt.

This is what I saw, a garden (hard work, goals) at night (uncertainty).  An eclipse with the color red, fire and lightening (a coming change and strong emotional reaction - fear or anger - and the outcome might be hurtful or painful).  You are at the bottom of the falls so you might fell overwhelmed, but there is safety there at the falls (letting go of emotion).

Here is a fun site that I sometimes use: http://www.dreammoods.com/

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »
That's the site I went to to look it up at first. Still, many of my apocalyptic dreams don't have any bearing on what happens to me, even on a personal level, and a lot of times they're just a fun experience and never go anywhere. It's still interesting to think about.

Hey, who all's coming to my apocalypse party? (yeah after all those dreams I figured I'd just throw an apocalypse party and be done. I've had fewer of these sorts of dreams since announcing the party idea but obviously I do still get a few!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal