collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any hairdressers out there? I want to go blonde and need help...  (Read 413 times)

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I've tried it before and it was a disaster.

My hair is in pretty bad condition at the moment. I did all my research and and watched loads of tutorials but it turned out terribly. I had to go to a hairdressers and get it fixed. She cut loads off and dyed it back to brown for me.  That was about 6 months ago. Now my hair feels much better, almost back to normal and all the frazzled ends have been trimmed. I'm back to my original length too.

My colour was still pretty uneven though so I tried a pink dye, just for fun and it's only one of those wash in, wash out ones. I expected it to give me a slight sheen of pink but it came out super bright and it covered every hair! Not that I'm complaining, it looks awesome:) I'm guessing it's because of the damage though because it didn't even touch my roots. They're dark brown, almost black, which is my natural.

I have about 3 inches of roots at the top which is my natural and I had the idea of getting someone else to bleach my roots every few months and using a temporary brown or pink dye over them while they grow in. I thought that might be better than trying all over bleaching again because I don't think my hair could take it. This way I would end up with blond hair after a couple of years or so, as long as it takes for all the brown to grow out.  I'm willing to wait this long if it means my hair stays in a reasonable condition.

Is this a good idea or am I being silly? I just really hate my natural, it's so dark and if it takes 2 years, I will do it to get rid of it.

If there are any hairdressers out there, I would be grateful for any advice. I would go to an actual salon and ask for advice but all they are interested in is getting your money from you:(

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Any hairdressers out there? I want to go blonde and need help...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:31:29 AM »
I'm no hairdresser, but I don't know if what you're proposing will work.  Even bleached hair fades over time, and not each bleach job will remain consistent.  Hopefully a hair professional will come and weigh in on this - I may very well be wrong as well.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:21:16 AM »
If you bleach it, it won't fade as you've actually pulled the color out of it (of course, in my case, it can't be dyed over once it's done either, even with permanant dye). But using temp dye over the bleached hair repeatedly may change it's color permanantly over time and kinda eliminate the purpose. I'm not sure. It also seems like repeatedly dyeing your roots would do as much damage as was done before.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
This is a little off topic, but have you considered getting a blonde wig? Bleaching, as you clearly have experienced, is really not very good for your hair at all. Wearing a wig would allow you to have your hair however you want, without actually causing any damage to your natural hair. You can even get wigs which can be heat styled like your normal hair.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »
The general tip I've always heard is that if you want to go lighter, get it done professionally. Especially if you're worried about hair damage, bleaching it is a risk. It will take longer, but using an ammonia-free hair dye and going dark is better for your hair at this point. Totally the opposite of what you're wanting to do with your hair though! It'll always grow out of course, so I say do what you want. It's just that bleaching and growing out healthy hair don't really work together. Another option is to dye your real hair dark and get wild colored extensions put in as streaks. If you get the bead snap-in kind your hair stylist can remove them when your hair grows out and put them back in after your hair cut, so over time the cost of the extensions is spread out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal