collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nose rings?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Nose rings?
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:33:50 AM »
Who has gotten one? 

How bad is one in a pain scale? I've had my tongue done, belly button and various ones all over my ears.
How long does it take to heal, and what do you use on it? I'm allergic to anything petroleum/petrolatum.

I wanted to just walk in and get one yesterday, but I couldn't find an open piercer!

Show me if you have pics!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Nose rings?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41:37 AM »
I used to have my nostril pierced, and it felt about like having your ear cartilage pierced - more pressure than any kind of pain.  Healing isn't bad at all - cartilage generally heals quickly.  6-8 weeks.

I recommend sea salt solution for any healing piercing.  Mix a half teaspoon of sea salt for every 8 ounces of water, and cleanse with it three times daily.  Wash it gently when you wash your face/remove makeup - use soap or face wash without fragrances or dyes.  And let it air dry - towels can get little fibers caught in the piercing, which can cause keloids.

I let it go years ago, but I still have my septum pierced - now that's a different story.  XD that one feels like someone punched you in the nose!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:43:50 AM by Eviecorn »

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
You know my friend said it hurt the least out of all her piercings! I wanted to get one for a while too but I haven't had the guts lol and I don't know if I'll really like it. I agree sea salt water is the best for healing piercings. It's gentle enough and natural so it shouldn't be irritating for longer than it takes to use, but the salt is strong enough to wipe out any nasty germs or potential infections.

My mom had a nose ring when she was younger, and she said one time she didn't have it in right, sneezed really hard and it flew out into someone's drink. She's probably exaggerating, but still ew :P haha!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:03:16 AM »
I think it was the least painful of my piercings! As has been said, just a couple months to heal and use salt water to keep it clean. Make sure any studs that you put in though are bent comfortably for your nose. I have a very small nose and if I get a new stud I have to make sure I re-bend it or else it hurts if I sniff/sneeze etc.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »
I had my septum pierced for about 2 years and recently had to take it out for work reasons, but I loved it! I actually pierced it myself (bad don't do this xD) and it really didn't hurt. I made sure to pierce the skin though, not any cartilage which is a common mistake in these piercings. My lip hurt initially, but really it was eating with it that took some getting used to. Neither ever really bothered me, never got infected and never hurt for any reason :) My ears now, that's a different story XD

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »
For me, it was more painful to do my earlobes than my nose. It's ten years ago now, so I don't really remember how long it took to heal, but it was sore at first and I slept with a plaster on the first week to not rub it against the pillow. Also, I washed it carefully with sea salt water in the beginning.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:16 AM »
I have my septum pierced, the only reason why that hurt was because the piercer couldn't get the jewelery through the hole.. so yeah that sucked. The actual piercing part was fine though. I can't imagine the nostril would be much diifferent. I have high pain tolerence though so I probably shouldn't be talking! Expect watery eyes, my eyes were watering insane amounts when I got my septum done, again thanks to the digging around trying to find the hole.
Use seasalt water like Eviecorn said. That's all I have ever used for any of my piercings and wouldn't clean it with anything else. And I have had.. umm I think 15+ different piercings. I'm down to just my septum now though!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »
I've had both nostrils pierced and only have one now. Left ones been there..um..11 years now! Didn't hurt really at all. Right one, I swore like a bad pony.

Obviously you know the worst bit is anticipation :) It'll be fine, if you want it, do it!

Oh and it definitley won't feel as weird as having your eyeliner tattooed on. Despite being all numbed up, it feels like someones fuffing with your eyelashes for an hour.  -.o
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:48:25 AM by Yuitsu »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »
I've wanted a little nostril stud for years, but I've been holding out until I get a job that I really like.  I didn't want it to hurt my chances, even though it seems like piercings and tattoos are becoming more accepted (finally).

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
I have two nose rings.  They're called nostrils.  :lmao:

XD  Good luck with the ring!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline skyrocketneko

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »
I had held off too, but I have 2 remote jobs right now, and I figured it would be better now than when I actually have an office job. It definitely seems more normal out here than on the East Coast, though!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
I had mine done a few years back...I don't have it anymore, I took it out for a job and just never put it back in.

It doesn't hurt a ton, but you eyes will water like CRAZY. You piercer will be able to tell you the best thing to clean it with, though usually its a sterile saline spray/rinse.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »
I used to have my nosed pierced.  It was more uncomfortable than my ears, but it wasn't bad at all really.  The only thing that could have gone better:  I really should have eaten something and been more hydrated, because I was a bit of a "bleeder" and got a bit light-headed.  The piercer did give me free chocolate chip cookies and water afterwards, though! 

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
Not me! I spend far too much time sick for that to work but they look really neat!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline skyrocketneko

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »
Hehe, I was a horrible bleeder when I got my tongue done too. Thank goodness I could barely feel the needle go in though. I remember drooling blood for a little, and the milkshake I had after tasted all bloody.

I'm only wanting a little tiny diamond in there- just a little sparkle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal