collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Avatar: Legend of Korra? *SPOILERS!!!* Ep. 10!  (Read 4094 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone else watch Avatar: Legend of Korra?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
I started watching "Legend of Korra" not so long ago. Of course, I am a huge fan of "Avatar...", and the first time I heard they'll be making a new sequel series I thought I'd go crazy like that foam guy from the first series:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Really! A sequel to one of the greatest, most awesome animated series to ever exist? How friggin' great is that?? :D :D

I admit there are some things I miss from the old show, that hadn't (yet) made an appearance in LoK, like the appearance of all the cool and badass spirits, Korra going into the avatar state, and meeting up with all her past lives. Still, I love it, and I can't wait for more episodes. The characters, the setting, the atmosphere... it's all great and breathtaking just like in the first AtLA.

One thing that irks me though is all the shipping wars that are currently going on. I admit, I'm a shipper myself (Bolin/Korra a.k.a Borra especially gives me the feels :3), but still it really gets under my skin that people can't appreciate the show for what it is, and instead get into a fight over which character is going to end up with another character.

The way people are offending each other, calling each other out and ridiculing one another's favorite ship (and by ridicule I mean writing senseless stuff like "Makorra is dumb" or "Borra is dull" and "Masami is stupid! Makorra for life!" etc.), it's just really annoying and sad... :(

But anyway, I love the show, and I can't wait for some new eps! The ending of the previous episode got me waiting in anticipation. :3

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »
Rhini, your costume is beautiful! Awesome job! :)

I also noticed that Korra tends toward Fire, even though she's from the Water tribe. I love that little quirk, and her personality! I am so glad that we get another glimpse into this universe.

I hope that future episodes will lead us on a journey beyond Republic City. I want to know how the Fire Nation is doing after the upset in A:TLA, and I want to know how the Earth Kingdom has evolved over the years.

My only dislike about the series, and it is pretty darn minor, is the amount of love-triangle-teen-drama. They seem to dwell on this kind of stuff a lot more than in Avatar: The Last Airbender. I understand that the series has grown up with its audience, and I do enjoy this on-the-whole, but I'm not sure if this really helps the series, plot wise.

Korra is still amazing.

Tenar

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
I love this show. I love the little air bender kids they are so cute.

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »
I love this sequel series. I love the little tie ins that they do with the original series (Cabbage Merchant anyone?).

Offline KneonT

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shadowbinders
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 04:03:36 AM »
I really like Korra and I love the steampunk aspect of it.   I do prefer the original.   Actually, my whole family does, but we enjoy Korra as well. 
Steampunk, Fantasy, Magic, and Mecha
shadowbinders.com

Offline Starie

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »
I love Legend of Korra ^__^

I enjoy that all the characters in this series are older, which I find gives more flexibility to coming up with plots :D Bolin is my favorite, but I always like the comedian of the group heh (Woo Sokka!)

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
I admit there are some things I miss from the old show, that hadn't (yet) made an appearance in LoK, like the appearance of all the cool and badass spirits, Korra going into the avatar state, and meeting up with all her past lives.

I think the movie kind of ruined the spirit thing for me... I know the spirits were a HUGE and integral part of the plot, but the way they focused on that to the omission of the comic aspects--HUNGRY!Sokka, the cabbage merchant, etc.--just didn't do it for me. 

But OMG!  I can't WAIT for her to have some more Aang flashbacks... totally burning with anticipation to see what Aang did with the rest of his life.  Did you catch his goatee in the last episode?  And he got so TALL!  Woot!  I can't wait to see Katara all grown up too... and Zuko!  (fangirls out). 

Although... blushes... on a shipper note, I was really rooting for Zuko and Katara...

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »
I admit there are some things I miss from the old show, that hadn't (yet) made an appearance in LoK, like the appearance of all the cool and badass spirits, Korra going into the avatar state, and meeting up with all her past lives.

I think the movie kind of ruined the spirit thing for me... I know the spirits were a HUGE and integral part of the plot, but the way they focused on that to the omission of the comic aspects--HUNGRY!Sokka, the cabbage merchant, etc.--just didn't do it for me. 

But OMG!  I can't WAIT for her to have some more Aang flashbacks... totally burning with anticipation to see what Aang did with the rest of his life.  Did you catch his goatee in the last episode?  And he got so TALL!  Woot!  I can't wait to see Katara all grown up too... and Zuko!  (fangirls out). 

Although... blushes... on a shipper note, I was really rooting for Zuko and Katara...

I'm totally jumping with joy for the newest episode. The episode from last week got me all excited and curious too! Especially the last few minutes with Tarlok made me wonder what will happen next. Did you read the synopsis for this weeks episode? I'm sure we'll see A LOT more flash backs! I'm really curious about the rest of the Aang gang's ( :lol: !) life but I guess it's the comics that are currently being made that'll show us a lot of that.

Haha, really? Even if I'm not a shipper, I had this feeling Aang and Katara would get together from the beginning. I mean, they got called GF/BF in the second episode already, haha.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
Prefer the original, but loving this one too though!

The last episode? FEELS.

I love that Korra is so like Sokka, and that Mako isn't like Zuko. Though Mako is a butt.
I want more Asami and Korra friendship too. I'm sad it looks like it's going to be a rivalship. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
I'm totally jumping with joy for the newest episode. The episode from last week got me all excited and curious too! Especially the last few minutes with Tarlok made me wonder what will happen next. Did you read the synopsis for this weeks episode? I'm sure we'll see A LOT more flash backs! I'm really curious about the rest of the Aang gang's ( :lol: !) life but I guess it's the comics that are currently being made that'll show us a lot of that.

Haha, really? Even if I'm not a shipper, I had this feeling Aang and Katara would get together from the beginning. I mean, they got called GF/BF in the second episode already, haha.

Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm totally stoked for this next episode too!  I wonder who this one rogue Firebender was who killed Mako and Bolin's parents... and apparently Asami's Mother too? 

I wonder why Katara never taught Korra bloodbending :(  It seems like a useful skill to have, if only for extreme circumstances.

And I knew Aang would end up with Katara (cries!), I just really loved the idea of her and Zuko! 

And now I'm going off to have sweet dreams of everything I would do if I were a bender!  Happy New-Episode-Day, everyone!

NumiTuziNeru

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 02:54:52 AM »
[img2]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m49wu5D9lu1qid19ao1_500.jpg[/img2]

THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE MY LOVE FOR THIS SHOW

basically i think just about everyone is the best and i want a bolin of my own and chief beifong is a total bamf and tenzin is hilarious and i know a little girl exactly like ikki
and tahno
[img2]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3y196TtVt1rw2soxo2_250.gif[/img2]
oh god tahno
[img2]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3y196TtVt1rw2soxo4_250.gif[/img2]
your face is
[img2]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3yvdoEt9z1qid19ao1_500.jpg[/img2]
amazing

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »
Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm totally stoked for this next episode too!  I wonder who this one rogue Firebender was who killed Mako and Bolin's parents... and apparently Asami's Mother too?

Same here! Maybe it's the same person that was behind Zuko's Mom her dissapearence too? Like a serial killer fire bender or something! About Zuko's mom, I heard we'll get an explanation about her too? I'm highly curious as to what happened. Also, if Zuko is still alive.

I wonder why Katara never taught Korra bloodbending :(  It seems like a useful skill to have, if only for extreme circumstances.

I guess because Katara wasn't happy she knew bloodbending, I mean she called Hama ''a monster''? I thought Hama was pretty cool myself though, that backstory! But seeing as Tarrlok knows how to bloodbend too it must've been passed on, hmm.. Maybe she wanted to spare Korra from learning such a horrible thing (in her eyes)? I don't know man.

And I knew Aang would end up with Katara (cries!), I just really loved the idea of her and Zuko!

I guess that could be really cute too, I can understand! Sokka/Toph seemed pretty cute too, but I'm glad he has Suki. It makes it a bit more uhmm.. diverse..? I mean, it would be a bit stupid to have the whole main crew to get together.

And now I'm going off to have sweet dreams of everything I would do if I were a bender!  Happy New-Episode-Day, everyone!

Goodnight, happy New-Episode-day to you too!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 06:09:03 AM »
It is nevere stated that Korra doesn't know blood bending; she is just surprised Tarlok does. If you recall Katara could only blood bend during the full moon when waterbending is at its strongest, so if Korra does know it then that would be when she used it. She was shocked that Tarlok could do it without the full moon and, I have to say, so was I. And if Korra does know it I doubt she would ever use it, she does not seem like the sort that would resort to such harsh measures unless she REALLY had no other choice.

But I don't think that Katara would teach that ability to anyone because it is taking control over someone else's body and, though it might be useful, she knows that it is wrong. And she did not learn the ability by choice, she was tricked/forced into using in order to save Aang and Sokka. So she was never proud that she had such a terrible ability and I highly doubt she would want to pass it on, which I totally do not blame her for.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2012, 06:13:50 AM »
Yeah, it just wasn't the the full moon, so she couldn't do it I guess?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2012, 06:40:23 AM »

It is nevere stated that Korra doesn't know blood bending; she is just surprised Tarlok does. If you recall Katara could only blood bend during the full moon when waterbending is at its strongest, so if Korra does know it then that would be when she used it. She was shocked that Tarlok could do it without the full moon and, I have to say, so was I.

Yeah you're right, maybe Korra does know how to bloodbend. I was confused seeing Tarrlok didn't use it during full moon too, I'm highly interested in him right now. I want to know more!

And if Korra does know it I doubt she would ever use it, she does not seem like the sort that would resort to such harsh measures unless she REALLY had no other choice.

Touché.

But I don't think that Katara would teach that ability to anyone because it is taking control over someone else's body and, though it might be useful, she knows that it is wrong.

It is wrong to control people like Hama did, but maybe Katara found another way to use it. In a positive way? I wonder how Tarrlok learned to bloodbend (especially without the full moon) maybe he taught it to himself? Again, I'm so curious about him. ;_;

And she did not learn the ability by choice, she was tricked/forced into using in order to save Aang and Sokka. So she was never proud that she had such a terrible ability and I highly doubt she would want to pass it on, which I totally do not blame her for.

You're right about that, I mean she felt so bad when Hama congratulated her on becoming a bloodbender. Then again, bloodbending might have a positive side too. It could be handy while healing people? Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and the episodes will teach us what's going on.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:42:41 AM by Tiffoes »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal