collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Avatar: Legend of Korra? *SPOILERS!!!* Ep. 10!  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Anyone else watch Avatar: Legend of Korra?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »
I've seen bits and pieces of it, but I was never the biggest Avatar fan.  Looks lovely though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 07:08:06 PM »
I loooved Avatar, and I have watched the first few episodes of Korra and love it too. Actually cosplayed as Korra at the last con I went to!

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
I loooved Avatar, and I have watched the first few episodes of Korra and love it too. Actually cosplayed as Korra at the last con I went to!

Another cosplayer! Neat! I'm really curious now, haha. Care to share pictures? :3

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »
I don't have many full pictures of the outfit unfortunately since I couldn't set up a proper shoot. Here are the few I have. It was all hand sewn from as authentic as possible stuff and it took FOREVER  :faint:

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
Korra started up this spring, which was when FiM was still running and my boyfriend, two female friends and I were doing Western lessons for gym credits. So once we came back from the barn, we'd watch them all together.

The LOK fandom is really strong on Tumblr. We've already pieced together all of the visions of what's happened 42 years ago.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
I like Korra a lot and it fills that void left behind from ATLA, but at the same time I do not love it as much as ATLA. My biggest complaints, like how some of the scenery looks like it would on a concept board and the fast paced character development, I think just stem from the fact that it was originally meant to be a mini-series and they had to cut back on somethings, so I don't get worked up over that.

My favorite characters are...well I pretty much adore everyone really. Korra sticks out as my favorite because she seems like a combination of Toph and Katara, which makes sense since Katara helped train her. To me she acts like a combination of all the elements she has currently mastered, but I think she mostly embodies the personality of a water bender. She can be calm one minute, but much like the sea she can be a unforgiving force to be reckoned with in the next. I really want to see her go into the Avatar state, which I think will happen in the next episode...that or she will finally bend air, which would make me more giddy than a fly on pie.

I also really adore Tenzin's children and combined with Bolin (who reminds me of Sokka) they never cease to make me snort with laughter. XD

Side Note: How freaking adorable is Pabu?! I love that guy! :lovey:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 11:40:32 PM »
My husband and I love it. :D My favorite character by far is Tenzin. He's so funny when he's flustered and/or irritated about something. My second favorite character is the adorable fire ferret.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 11:48:15 PM »
I'm only capable of incoherently gushing over Legend of Korra, so I'll omit doing that, and just say that I like it quite a bit.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:07 PM »
I absolutely adore it. 
The characters are really well written.  I especially love how the characters maturity levels and reactions make sense for their respective ages.  This also applied to first series too.  Visually it's really pretty and crisp.  I love how they handled the police force of metalbenders and the ways they got around the city with metal cables.  The fight scenes are spectacular.   Even the romancy spots don't bog down the story much.
you don't have to have seen the previous series to understand the new one.  It's difficult for me to find anything that I dislike about about the new series.
If anyone wants to catch up or check it out, Nickelodian has posted the first handful of episodes http://www.nick.com/videos/playlist/play/legend-of-korra-from-beginning-to-end-limited-time-playlist.html 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:07:09 AM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 06:15:44 AM »
Ack! Thank you for this thread, I had started watching it on demand and then promptly forgot about it! *sits down to watch episode 4 before work*
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »
I don't have many full pictures of the outfit unfortunately since I couldn't set up a proper shoot. Here are the few I have. It was all hand sewn from as authentic as possible stuff and it took FOREVER  :faint:

Whoa all hand sewn? That's impressive and very well done! The coat looks so warm and soft, I like that you went for her winter outfit instead of her regular one! You made it very accurate tot the original, nice job! > 3 <

By the way, your eyes are gorgeous~

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 08:05:21 AM »

Whoa all hand sewn? That's impressive and very well done! The coat looks so warm and soft, I like that you went for her winter outfit instead of her regular one! You made it very accurate tot the original, nice job! > 3 <

Ditto on this!  Your costume looks like it came RIGHT off the set for the avatar movie!  Nice work!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »
I LOVE IT!!!!

I loved TLA!!  Toph was my favorite character by far!  The continuation of the cycle is amazing!

I'm loving the plot twists in Korra!!! That last episode rocked my world!!!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »

Ditto on this!  Your costume looks like it came RIGHT off the set for the avatar movie!  Nice work!
Thanks so much you guys!  :blush:   :hug:  It's nice to see it appreciated after I spent so much time on it. I'm a stickler for accuracy. I opted to add the jacket since I think it's more interesting than just her plain blue shirt (and it was cold xD)

The blue eyes are just coincidental! :P

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 09:09:45 AM »

Thanks so much you guys!  :blush:   :hug:  It's nice to see it appreciated after I spent so much time on it. I'm a stickler for accuracy. I opted to add the jacket since I think it's more interesting than just her plain blue shirt (and it was cold xD)

The blue eyes are just coincidental! :P

You're most welcome! Well you do deserve the praise, everyone does after working so hard on something! Haha, same here. I drive myself crazy when making a cosplay. You're right, it is more interesting!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal