collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm afraid I've started another collection! Monster high related  (Read 1635 times)

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
So a few months back I came across the monster high doll avea trotter. Since my birth month is December I've already got a tattoo of my Sagittarius symbol, I had to have her but we sold out before I could grab her.

Last week I was at Walmart looking for ponies and look over and there she is! So I snatched her off the shelf and the doll behind her looked interesting so I picked her up, looked her over and told myself no you don't need that one to. Well I tried to walk away and couldn't leave without both lol so now I've been going online to see what other cool monster high dolls are out there and there's so many cool ones!

It's exciting and depressing at the same time. I really didn't need another collection of something but I feel like I need more lol.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

[moving to Dollhouse ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:41:15 PM by Kiwi »

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm afraid I've started another collection! Monster high related
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »
oo I know what you mean! I've been temped with either Equestria Girls or Monster High and Equestria Girls took over :P though I do have one MH doll, Neighthan Rot. I just wish Equestria Girls did the smaller packaging like Monster High since the boxes are HUGE >.<

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 10:32:20 AM »
Ever since I've got interested in monster high I've been checking out equestria girls to and I've never even collected dolls lol

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:23 AM »
Oh, hey, if you want an immediate collection of MH dolls, I am selling mine. ;)  15 dolls, stands, accessories. All but one in fab condition (that one has messy hair). They are currently up on ebay, if you go hunting, my username there is Thunderwing_the_Dragon.

hehehe.  *feeds the addition*  Moar, you must have Moar!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 10:59:14 AM »
Ponies were my gateway to Monster High. I came to the Arena for the ponies and stayed for the dolls. The photos people produce are awesome. The articulation of the dolls is pretty nice. I urge you to join the MHArena if you haven't already. ;)

Here's my doll of the week:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 08:49:35 AM »
I made an account for the mh arena, just waiting to be approved :)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:55:36 AM »
I know how it feels, hehe :)
I did have a few (two? and from the same line) dolls before starting to collect MH, but did not consider myself a doll collector, or even someone who is interested in dolls in general. and then there came one that I wanted to have, and at this point I still did not plan to collect, only to buy 3-4 that I really like. but they could not be stopped, and now I share my home with over 20 (probably even 30 now? it tells a lot that I llost count :blush: ) MH dolls, and have also expanded to other lines :drunk: it indeed is a pain on one hand, on the other hand though they helped me fully get over another type of collective which I always adored from afar but never even dreamed of being able to collect (BJD). now I am fully at peace with these dolls I own, and don't plan to get a BJD. I have since also learned that resin is not really the perfect material for me and my collection habits either, so it makes me regret this decision even less.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
Ponies were my gateway to Monster High. I came to the Arena for the ponies and stayed for the dolls.

^ THIS!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 08:40:09 AM »
Ponies were my gateway to Monster High. I came to the Arena for the ponies and stayed for the dolls.

^ THIS!

Likewise. I somehow stumbled into the Dollhouse (I guess it was nearly 5 or 6 years ago by this point, right?) and it was right when the first monsters were coming out. I have never seen such a thing before in my life, and growing up loving monsters (but never having any *fashionable* ones) I just could not resist. I started with a Gloom Beach Frankie, and now my collection is at around 100 or so.

More recently, I am starting to expand into bigger and more expensive dolls, but I still love my monsters dearly!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 02:20:09 PM »
It all starts with one, right? :lol:

I got my first ever MH doll from a friend and I hope I don't get hooked! Ever After High is already taking over my room :lol:
My Wish List

megsaroni88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 05:46:01 PM »
I got into Monster High dolls when researching BJDs and wanted something a little cheaper. There is just so many different types of MH dolls that its practically impossible not to find one or twenty you like, from freaky to cute to fashion sets, I know I didn't have choice but to start collecting.

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »
Some of them really are ridiculously cute. :D Adore the colors and designs for them. So creative!

Offline WaterRaven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »
Ponies really are a gateway to other collecting! I have a couple monster high dolls and am customizing a few of them and have my first ball joint doll as well.

Now that MH has the new centaurs I'll probably grab a few of those as well, though I think Avea's build is the best!

Congrats on your new MH dolls!

Offline ranchlamb

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/iluvsassybunny/index.html
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 10:27:52 AM »
I have bought a handful for them for my daughter. I try not to buy them for myself though. I already have a small collection of Ever After High going I don't need MH for myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal