collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Missing ponies you sold  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Missing ponies you sold
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2023, 12:38:25 PM »
Topics like these make me so scared to sell ponies!! :yikes: So I don't do it very often, even though I keep buying eBay lots for one or two ponies and promising myself I'll sell the others... :lmao:

I hope all of you find the ponies you are missing, and that they aren't too expensive to replace either! Big hugs! :hug:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2023, 01:30:40 AM »
Hello everyone,

I sold ponies out of necessity a while back. This may sound silly and overly emotional but I miss them. They were all very dear to me and I have replaced some of them but I still miss the ones I don't have back yet.

Annyone going through  the same?

I still feel a bit silly but I felt like sharing.

I sold most of my collection (except my complete UK collection and some special/sentimental ones) out of necessity a few years ago. I’ve literally cried over it. You’re not over-emotional or silly. I get it. :hug:

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 06:00:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

I sold ponies out of necessity a while back. This may sound silly and overly emotional but I miss them. They were all very dear to me and I have replaced some of them but I still miss the ones I don't have back yet.

I sold most of my collection (except my complete UK collection and some special/sentimental ones) out of necessity a few years ago. I’ve literally cried over it. You’re not over-emotional or silly. I get it. :hug:

Thank you for your support :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 07:34:28 AM »
I have downsized before, but because I did it in a moment that wasn't rushed out of financial desperation I had plenty of time to consider my decisions...and I'm super happy with the improved focus it brought to my collecting. Even though I let go of about a third of my collection at the time, I'm still satisfied because my new motto is "Less, but better."

There were only two I regret selling: HQG1C Fabulous Hair Fair Feathers (but I know she went to a friend with a fab collection)...and the more time passes, the more confident I feel in those choices.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2023, 05:14:40 PM »
So I had a random conversation with one of my colleagues on Saturday, and she mentioned how she had rebought all of her childhood G1 My Little Ponies, because her parents had given them away when she had been a kid, and she missed them. Colleague is a year or two older than me, so completely a G1 pony kid, but it was so nice to hear someone else still attached to her childhood pony memories.

I think the conversation began because we were talking about issues with shipping and she mentioned selling books to help pay for her vet bills...I said I used to trade and sell ponies online a lot and about the wings on the windy/summer wings being hard to pack, and she just happened to throw that in there xD. I note she is selling books and not ponies to pay her vet bills o.o.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 05:16:15 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Stargaze

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+83)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Land
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2023, 10:50:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

Not going through this, but just wanted to say that I don't think it's silly and it's good that you share your feelings. I hope you'll find them soon.
For information about G1 + G2 + G3: Visit MLP Land 
~*~ My Wish List ~*~  :rainbow: ~*~ MLP Land Sales Albums ~*~

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2023, 11:45:30 PM »
I completely understand. Long ago, I gave away and traded some of my childhood ponies and I still miss them a lot, even though I got replacements later on. I just feel like that's not the same as having my childhood ones. On the good side, I have a ton of childhood ponies and I kept most of them so it's only a small number that I'm missing. I also sold off some ponies I loved (not childhood ones) and even though I bought replacements later on, I feel like it is not the same as if I could have back the ones I had and I miss them. I also miss a few that I know I will never be able to afford to replace that I sold for a very cheap price compared to their value nowadays.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2023, 04:10:25 AM »
I have not sold anyone as I'm afraid I'll regret it. I haven't even sold after getting upgrades :lookround: But I did give away a Star Catcher to a friends child some ten years ago and now I miss her (the pony) terribly and wonder whatever I was thinking.. I also had some G3 books I gave away to an aquintance as a present at her first childs namegiving cerenomy. I was short on cash and could not afford to buy anything at the time.. the child would not have any use for them until toddler age anyhow.. Stupid.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2023, 04:23:06 AM »
Hello everyone,

Not going through this, but just wanted to say that I don't think it's silly and it's good that you share your feelings. I hope you'll find them soon.

Thank you for your kind words :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2023, 08:23:31 PM »
When I first started collecting MLP I sold a nice G1 Party Time I had that didn't have any regrind at all. I wish I had kept her, I didn't know how rare it is to have one without regrind!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023, 06:35:09 AM »
I ended up selling the Purple Sunday Best pony and I kinda regret it.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2023, 09:34:57 AM »
I'm selling more ponies as we speak :( I need the money so badly.

Honestly, after selling the ones I did earlier, ponies have lost their joy for me. I still like them (and love my favorites) and enjoy seeing others collections, but I don't think I'll re-collect again. I'll stick with growing my Raincurl and Applejack armies. I really want the statue of human Applejack with orange skin. That will take me a long time to get. I'm missing a lot of Applejack releases, so that will keep my busy :) I also like to commission and collect artwork of Raincurl. A way for me to add ponies without actually adding a real pony :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pinkroze

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2023, 05:46:05 PM »
Does missing ponies that you never purchased but had the oppurtunity to buy counts?  :biggrin:

There’s a few that I regret not buying 10 years ago cause I thought they were not as colorful lol. Now I regret it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal