collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's talk boy ponies  (Read 4159 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Let's talk boy ponies
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 05:10:11 PM »
Ok I admit I love all the boy ponies they look great. I love the Old G1 molds. I m not very much of a fan of G4. THey are ok.My favorite BB was Tex growing up. He was my only boy. Im gald that at least changed.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 07:15:33 PM »
Of course love the Big and Baby Brother ponies.
I still need to get Salty back, but I also have Baby Drummer, a grail custom of Ice Crystal, Steamer, Wigwam, Trucker, Baby Racer, and Baby Ribbs

I'd love to have at least one G2 boy. Prince Firefly has great colors.

I have a few custom G3 ponies. Character customs Jiraiya, Deidara, and cross gen customs of Magnet Bolt and Thunder Lane. I plan on doing a cross gen customs of (the stupidly named) Thunder Flap.

I have two G4 boys. One I customized. They have more of a horse face and it irritates me that that the mares have beaks. Night Spark used to be a Soarin, and Lucky Clover. I don't think highly of the roached mane on the boys. Looks bad.  :mad:

I had 2 G5 boys, Ruddy Sparks and Hitch Trailblazer, but no one wanted to trade for Ruddy so I decided to customize him into a winged unicorn mare, via head swap. I'm not impressed with the moulded short manes on G5 boys. I intend to head swap a lot of them so they have long moulded manes.  :pout:

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline loveliestponies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Im So Meta, Even This Acronym
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2023, 01:47:06 PM »
I really love how G2 boys look exactly like the girls. The most beautiful irl horse we have usually seen are males anyway, because gelding has better temperament.

I also like how G4 boys are just well-round characters with similar jobs and hobby to the girls, who just appear to be boy, not caricature of sport fans or playing bully role. G1 Big Brother design is not that bad, but they are completely isolated from the girls.

That being said, I love G1 dads to bits. Strong big ponies that have the same theme of gentle things like his family, absolutely lovely. Also, Tux'n'Tail, what a distinguished gentleman.

I like G2 boys the best. Especially Prince Firefly. He's so pretty.

also: extremely unpopular opinion below ↓↓↓ (OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK) :freak:
Spoiler
Am I the only one who thinks boy ponies are kind of overrated?  :lookround:

Like, I don't dislike them, but I don't get the hype around them. Especially when a lot of them look so... average. At least to me.

And if Hasbro is going to continue giving g5 boy ponies molded manes only, I'd rather they not make boy ponies at all.

I can see that. I am really worry about the toy direction in general, not just about boys. Almost everyone complained about the lack of brushable. But I also worry about pony getting smaller every redesign and the hard plastic they use now.
literally! i feel like the ponies are getting smaller and less cute every year these days! maybe its just nostalgia lol  :nerdy:

Unfortunately, it is absolutely getting smaller with less hair in mane/tail every redesign. Cute is subjective, but I miss the day Ponies actually have eyelids and forehead, not just eyes printed on their smooth head.
LITERALLY! i feel like cute is a little bit objective here because some have EYEBROWS  :blink:
I personally have really noticed the change in body material quality from g3 to g4, g4 and 5s feel so much cheaper, g1s feel like HEAVEN in contrast  :enraged: the plastic feels so cold!
I HEART ALL PONIES

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2024, 04:04:27 PM »
Meant to post in this months and months ago, hope it's alright that I'm digging it up.

I'm less bothered by the plastic than I am by G5 perpetuating G4's tiny snouts. Was hoping for a return to horsier heads instead of just an extension/derivation of the G4 style.

Boy ponies... I like 'em, wish brushable ones were more common (G4 leaned way too much into the stupid smegging blind bags and not enough into variety in the brushables), and I hope Basic Fun sees their way towards reissuing the G1 boys. And possibly doing unicorn and pegasus stallions as well.

Thus far I own Steamer from G1, and Playful Ponies-size Shining Armor and Big Mac from G4.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2024, 04:31:06 AM »
Boy ponies... I like 'em, wish brushable ones were more common (G4 leaned way too much into the stupid smegging blind bags and not enough into variety in the brushables), and I hope Basic Fun sees their way towards reissuing the G1 boys. And possibly doing unicorn and pegasus stallions as well.
THIS!!! Glad somebody agrees!!! Blind Bags over Brushables in particular!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal