collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Never noticed this before - pic of Baby Bonnet School of Dance prototype  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Never noticed this before - pic of Baby Bonnet School of Dance prototype
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 10:02:15 AM »
Taffeta are you sure you two didn't have the prima ballerina set or any of the pocket pals sets? I think those were the only sets that came with the white baby bow shoes.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
Yeah, the Sunsuit / Dragon Suit set had white bow shows.

Perhaps you picked them up at a flea market as a kid?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »
Or they stayed on your baby after playing with some else's ponies?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 10:38:05 AM »
Taffeta are you sure you two didn't have the prima ballerina set or any of the pocket pals sets? I think those were the only sets that came with the white baby bow shoes.

We didn't have the baby ballerina outfit in the UK at all. We only had an adult version of that outfit (the Mum and Baby sets weren't sold here). So that's a definite no. These were the sets we had here in that release:

I didn't have the sunsuit as a kid, either. I had two friends I played ponies with a lot as a child. One was the one who I got the other Baby HN with. She had a lot of playsets; she had no ponywear at all. When she stopped collecting, she gave me her ponies. I had her Baby Half Note, with different colour accessories (box was yellow, mine was pink) and her pals and display board and such. Also Baby HN's tutu, tiara (I thnk hers was pink, mine is lavender)...Confetti with Wedding Bells, Princess Ruby with wand, dragon and hat (though her wand doesn't match the one LadyG's MIB one has, it's lavender), Majesty, Spike and the furniture from Dream Castle, Tutti Frutti and complete party set, Paradise Estate's lamp,and then some other loose ponies. I'm not 100% but I thought I also had bow shoes from her too. But her Baby HN is not the same as mine, hers has purple eyes and straight hair. Alex kept her stuff pristine and didn't lose things like I did.

The other friend had only 8 ponies, no playsets, no baby ponies, even. She had all unicorns except 2 second hand ponies - Backstroke, who can't wear shoes, and Parasol, also an adult.

We didn't have any second hand sales and stuff around where I grew up as a kid. The only second hand ponies I have from childhood are Peachy, Aquamarine, Gypsy... all adults - again, no ponywear. I had a couple of playsets, but they didn't have furniture and stuff in them. One had a Mummy Charm, though. I remember that :)

My sister had a second hand dance school, come to think of it - but I know I gave her a lot of the spare furniture I had for mine, and she had no pony for it, let alone any ponywear. I'm pretty certain she had no furniture either, because I gave her Alex's accessories.

I had some adult ponywear as a kid - Tennis Fun, Scarlet Sensation, My Valentine...Champagne and Lace. I think only those four...I may have had Carnival Time and Birthday Girl as well, but they were all adult outfits. I really wanted baby outfits, because I have a poster from childhood that shows the baby ponies all dressed up, but I never had any of them. A lot of things that were released each year in the UK didn't get taken up by the local stores in the area I grew up in.

I definitely had the shoes as a child, so I've always assumed the shoes must have come with Baby Half Note. I can't think of anything else that they would've come with. I've always put them with her going back to when I was a kid, and I thought them hers so much so that I never even looked at the publicity material to confirm it. It's really weird to me that they didn't come with the Dance School here in the UK...because I don't know where else they could've come from :-/

But if that's not where they came from, then...who knows O.o.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:44:40 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 01:18:49 PM »
I love the image of with Baby Firefly, Baby Surprise and Baby Blossom. :) Seeing that makes me wonder if there were other prototype images on other playset boxes.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 02:36:54 PM »
The purple eyed version of baby half note came with shoes! I saved this pic a few weeks ago as i couldnt work out why i kept getting 'party panties' nappy boxes in UK pony lots as i didnt think they were sold here turns out they were sold with the purple eyed version of baby half note along with shoes! :heart:

Babydoll~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »
Oh, how interesting!  Mystery solved. :)

Wow, and it looks like it's Baby Frosting on the diaper box too, lol.

Even though BBE Baby Half Note is on the box, the box looks longer than my version (US version).  Mine is *just* big enough to fit the BBSoD building inside.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:18:10 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »
So cool!   :frolic:  I love mysteries and pony box artwork :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 12:09:55 PM »
The purple eyed version of baby half note came with shoes! I saved this pic a few weeks ago as i couldnt work out why i kept getting 'party panties' nappy boxes in UK pony lots as i didnt think they were sold here turns out they were sold with the purple eyed version of baby half note along with shoes! :heart:

Babydoll~

Wow! :) So Baby Half note did come with shoes and party pants. That's really interested.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:27 PM »
The purple eyed version of baby half note came with shoes!

I KNEW it. Thank you for making me not crazy, Babydoll :)

It strikes me that maybe there was a year in which the Dance School maybe came with those extra accessories as surplus from other pony issues. Mine is not purple eyed, she's aqua, but I am really sure she had those shoes when I was a kid. Your pictured one also has curly hair and a pink ballet box, which mine had too. I think they must have been how it was released during one year. The yellow ballet box came in at least one other year release - this playset was out for a long time in the UK and it makes sense surplus stuff got put with it, especially as we had no Baby version of the Ballerina outfit.

I've always thought the regular eyed baby came after the BBE issue here, and that they were surplus MO ponies because it saved Hasbro making more BBE versions. I notice the brush is different colour between the pic Babydoll posted and Ponyqueen's MISB one, too. Ponyqueen, what colour ballet box does yours have?

Pity I can't see the colour of the tiara. There are a few shade differences but I'm quite sure my one was lavender.

I don't remember about the panties. But I had Baby Tic Tac Toe and she had panties. So I wouldn't probably remember so clearly about that.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:19:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 01:48:51 PM »
In the US the playset came with either a pink or yellow ballet box.  I'm not sure if it was a "timing" thing or if they were produced concurrently.  I know with some G2 and G3 ponies they would switch the accessory colors around in a set, but also sell them at the same time . . .

Also the barre on my BBSoD is pink, while I noticed the one in Babydoll's picture is yellow.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
In the US the playset came with either a pink or yellow ballet box.  I'm not sure if it was a "timing" thing or if they were produced concurrently.  I know with some G2 and G3 ponies they would switch the accessory colors around in a set, but also sell them at the same time . . .

Also the barre on my BBSoD is pink, while I noticed the one in Babydoll's picture is yellow.

yeah, same here, but I just wondered whether there is a correlation in the UK issue between pink - white shoes included, or whether this is coincidence.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal