collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Wigwam... *sigh* (updated pics on page 2!)  (Read 1893 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: My Wigwam... *sigh*
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 02:05:55 PM »
I agree a little rehairing is not a major issue for him if you want to go down that path or his head-dress would certainly cover things up if you have it (or could maybe purchase one). :)

The acetone garote is something I have always found help if and when I have to decapitate a pony. In addition a hair dryer focused on the neck seam will help to melt glue. Big Brothers have horrible heads to remove - very tightly in place normally.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 02:58:57 PM »
I agree a little rehairing is not a major issue for him if you want to go down that path or his head-dress would certainly cover things up if you have it (or could maybe purchase one). :)

The acetone garote is something I have always found help if and when I have to decapitate a pony. In addition a hair dryer focused on the neck seam will help to melt glue. Big Brothers have horrible heads to remove - very tightly in place normally.

I think I've talked myself out of trying- not sure it will be worth the effort...  :blush: but we will see if my sense of adventure returns strong enough- I will see how he looks after an exterior washing  :satisfied:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 10:11:55 PM »
If his head is super sealed on, it's less likely that moisture would have gotten in to cause mold in the first place. :)

And I would vote against re-hairing him, but it's your decision. Most people I know like to keep their childhood ponies in the condition they were in when they were kids and not mess with them. I've barely even cleaned most of my childhood ponies! (Though I cleaned them all when I was a kid and I took really good care of them).

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »
Well the Magic Eraser didn't put a dent in his leg anomaly, but he does look better for having his hair washed and combed. :D Course that makes his cut hair more obvious now but ah well.... least he's clean.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: My Wigwam... *sigh* (updated pics on page 2!)
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »
I still think that the headress is the way to go. If you can find one at a reasonable price, it'll cover up the cut hair nicely and be the least intrusive way of making your Wigwam look his best. There's a risk with a childhood pony that restoring it could go wrong, and then you can't take it back. Wigwam has the headdress option, so I would go with that if you can.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »
I'll just have to be on the lookout I suppose!  :biggrin: I don't usually both to go after accessories, but, you're right, he'd definitely benefit from it...

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 05:50:06 PM »
I have a really wrong sense of humour sometimes, but looking at that pic it just occured to me that he had a mullet in the 1980s, but now, as a senior pony citizen of G1, he's "gone grey" and "is balding"...

"It's all a sign of wisdom!" as they say...

Makes me think of the comic story where he has the baby ponies sitting round the firestone eating cookies and listening to stories...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 05:53:42 PM »
I have a really wrong sense of humour sometimes, but looking at that pic it just occured to me that he had a mullet in the 1980s, but now, as a senior pony citizen of G1, he's "gone grey" and "is balding"...

Makes me think of the comic story where he has the baby ponies sitting round the firestone eating cookies and listening to stories...

lol! I kinda like the idea of him as an over-the-hill mullet dude. And that comic sounds really cute! I know pretty much nothing of the G1 comics, I didn't even know there were such a thing until I got onto othe Arena!! I'm guessing these comics were largely a UK thing?

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
We didn't get the comics over here, but WigWam always featured in long stories about cowboys and Indians in my house....I didn't have him so he "spoke" through a painting I made of him and only certain ponies could hear him and translate his stories from his native Cree :) Yeah, it's a big mix of histories, but my bloodline is a big mix as well, so it made sense when I was a kid :) I think maybe you could tie a feather to the shorter part and that will disguise as well as weigh it down and make him look really cool!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »

lol! I kinda like the idea of him as an over-the-hill mullet dude. And that comic sounds really cute! I know pretty much nothing of the G1 comics, I didn't even know there were such a thing until I got onto othe Arena!! I'm guessing these comics were largely a UK thing?

Yep, the comics were printed in the UK - Egmont House, I think - between 1985 and 1993 or thereabouts. Ive some scans of them on my page but I don't think I have the Wigwam story up there...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
We didn't get the comics over here, but WigWam always featured in long stories about cowboys and Indians in my house....I didn't have him so he "spoke" through a painting I made of him and only certain ponies could hear him and translate his stories from his native Cree :) Yeah, it's a big mix of histories, but my bloodline is a big mix as well, so it made sense when I was a kid :) I think maybe you could tie a feather to the shorter part and that will disguise as well as weigh it down and make him look really cool!

Ooh I like that idea too! :D And it would serve until I got around to obtaining his headdress...

Post Merge: July 06, 2015, 06:26:04 PM

Yep, the comics were printed in the UK - Egmont House, I think - between 1985 and 1993 or thereabouts. Ive some scans of them on my page but I don't think I have the Wigwam story up there...

I'll have to check out your scans!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 08:46:57 AM »
You could just get some Dolly hair and replace just the cut part, then just cut it the narural lanth of the rest of his main. You don't gotta rehair the entire thing. But if you don't wanna do that you can send it to some one who can, idk if you are a re-hair er or  never done it before.

But you can alwase buy him his head dress. And display him so you can't see the mark on his leg.
:accomplished:

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »
My advice about getting the head off would be the same as others have posted. If it were me and I knew I wasn't going to ever sell Wigwam, I might rehair just the broken locks so he doesn't feel "shabby" next to the other ponies ^_^

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »
Aww, you really could have him much worse! I'd say buy the accessory and display him normally, and no need to pop the head off and the head dress will mask the haircut. biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal