collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Big Apple Ponycon June 6 - 7 2014 * Guest announcements, Website Launch Feb 1st!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
Kind of wish I could go to that, but I despise that video they made for the page. For being 'all generations' the video made it feel like it wasn't =\ Just all kinds of stuff I could point out how I hate it but that's not what this thread is about X D

ANYWAY, sounds fun but I know I couldn't make it. = (  Hope I see you at the MLP Fair though! = D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Wow...that video...I was thinking it can't be that bad but uh....sure, lets just insult and fly past all the previous generations!

I admit, I was interested until I saw that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:48:28 PM by Elisto »

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
Wow...that video...I was thinking it can't be that bad but uh....sure, lets just insult and fly past all the previous generations!

I admit, I was interested until I saw that.

Oh good! I was thinking I was the only one who thought that about the video.

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
wwwwwaaaaaaa i wish bonnie zachary would come to the uk pony con !!!xaflamex

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
Oooh I can't go to pony fair but maybe I can talk hubby into this:D We're already driving to NJ the end of feb. If the drive from IL isn't too bad we might be able to go:D The vendor space is kinda pricey:/ Gonna give this some serious thought though:)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Same here! In fact, I wish we could have some of the voice actors too - In general, I love VAs more than actors and singers combined! :P

I can't deny, I wish I could go to the con. It looks so much fun!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline KarRedRoses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Gallery and Scraps
Oooh I can't go to pony fair but maybe I can talk hubby into this:D We're already driving to NJ the end of feb. If the drive from IL isn't too bad we might be able to go:D The vendor space is kinda pricey:/ Gonna give this some serious thought though:)

Wysteria I think you'd do really well as a vendor :) feel free to hit me up on phone or email sometime! I will be in TN for the Fair, sorry you won't make it this year but very maybe possibly we'll get to meet up in my neck o' the woods!

Offline KarRedRoses

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Gallery and Scraps

Same here! In fact, I wish we could have some of the voice actors too - In general, I love VAs more than actors and singers combined! :P

I can't deny, I wish I could go to the con. It looks so much fun!

We chose the voice actors we did based upon their friendliness with the younger convention goers and their past history doing older gen MLP.

Nicole Oliver (Celestia, Cheerilee) is going to do a really cool thing with the children that come to the convention. I can't reveal what yet, but we will update the site when we are ready to announce.

Cathy Weseluck (Spike, Coco Pommel, Mayor) is also being wonderful! She's so great, I know that you all will love her when you meet her.

We didn't want our guests to be just sitting behind tables for the show, you can get that impersonal treatment anywhere.

We are aiming to be different from other cons, we are putting on a show that will feel more like being in the audience of a Broadway musical or a variety theatre program than a big beige box of celebrities doing the same tired shtick for the Nth time.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
The new website is so beautiful! Look at all the amazing artwork. Makes me so excited. :D

I hope everyone can come attend, its going to be great! :D
~Foxtale~

Offline KarRedRoses

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Gallery and Scraps
The new website is so beautiful! Look at all the amazing artwork. Makes me so excited. :D

Yes, me too! I can't draw ponies worth a lick but I love, love, LOVE seeing what fan art the community comes up with! We've only just begun putting up artwork.
Our own staff artist Lissanne Lake has drawn us Bowtie, Liberty and Cabbie in all four generations styles! Lissanne is known primarily for her book covers, google her and you'll see her on fantasy novels, like Terry Pratchett Discworld, etc

She is now a pony fan and merrily dived into the classic MLP art styles, first gen one and three, and lately she's all about the graceful and slender G2s. Look for them on the site soon, and maybe I'll even talk her into making an account here so she can post her original works in Artwork forum.

I hope everyone can come attend, its going to be great! :D

Thanks for helping spread the word, Foxtale! It's going to be an amazing two days of pony art, crafts, vending, contests, and performances.

Lady Aria is working up her concert set now, including songs from MLP, Disney, and Broadway! And being able to use the theatre organ for a full length concert is going to be an amazing musical treat. Very special indeed ^.^

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
Lady Aria Phantasy is a friend of mine so I'm thinking of attending as I was already planning on being in NYC that week.  The theatre is so gorgeous that it's a reason in itself to attend.  Never thought I'd get a chance to attend any sort of PonyCon.  Now to decide what to wear. 
Any other Canadians attending?

Offline KarRedRoses

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Gallery and Scraps
Today we are running a special for the moms! Until midnight EST just
Use coupon code PonyMom and receive $30 off an adult admission!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, have a wonderful day!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Can't believe the Big Apple POnycon is so soon!! Every day there seems to be even more amazing announcements and awesome guests!

I don't know what I'm most excited about! The G1 pony panel with Bonnie, Cathy's and Nicole's events, hearing Tabitha,  seeing all the customs,  getting all fancy at the Pretty Parlor, Ponycakes... there is so much!

Even the venue is an attraction in itself. Being an antiques fan I am so excited about the super unique MLP themed Organ concert. :D https://www.bigappleponycon.com/Pony-Sing-Along

When will an official schedule be released online or will that occur day of?

(If anyone wants to be train or carpool buddies from Northern NY hit me up via PM :D)
~Foxtale~

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
I wish I knew about this con..i was in NYC around this time too :-(. Kar, when you start registration for next year, I'd be interested in getting a vendor spot. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal