collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do any G4 ponies have "fading pink" hair?  (Read 5576 times)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do any G4 ponies have "fading pink" hair?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »
I am glad to know that!  I saw Dewdrop's lovely pink locks and was afraid the Texas sun was going to bleach her out. :)

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »
I had Dewdrop out at the window for a month, didn't fade one bit. I was so disappointed. I thought I could make a quick SUnbeam custom out of that without going through the trouble of rerooting the hair. Ah well. It looks like the fading pink, but I guess this time, it is made more resistant to fading.

Only time can tell.

Dewdrop Dazzle has really weird hair, doesn't she? I've never heard of one who doesn't have the hard-to-style, differently textured pink hair.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »
I had Dewdrop out at the window for a month, didn't fade one bit. I was so disappointed. I thought I could make a quick SUnbeam custom out of that without going through the trouble of rerooting the hair. Ah well. It looks like the fading pink, but I guess this time, it is made more resistant to fading.

Only time can tell.

Dewdrop Dazzle has really weird hair, doesn't she? I've never heard of one who doesn't have the hard-to-style, differently textured pink hair.
I have one with lovely hair, so cross that off your list. I also owned one with horrible hair before, she is now a Colgate.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »

Only time can tell.

I have one with lovely hair, so cross that off your list. I also owned one with horrible hair before, she is now a Colgate.
Ah, I thought it was all of them, I'm jealous :( Her hair colors are so pretty, but the pink just won't cooperate.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »

Only time can tell.

Ah, I thought it was all of them, I'm jealous :( Her hair colors are so pretty, but the pink just won't cooperate.
I got lucky, though her cutie mark is offset.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
Does it only fade in direct sunlight or is it a natural color degradation?

It's the UV rays that make it fade.  Direct sunlight will fade the hair and--there is some controversy over this, but this is my opinion--so will indirect exposure to sunlight.  But "unnatural" light sources, like lightbulbs, will not cause fading.

The more sunlight a pony gets, and the STRONGER the sunlight (like summer sun versus winter sun), the more quickly her hair will fade.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Snow White" here is really a Desert Rose with her original hair (which used to be pink).  It only took me a few days of putting her outside in the summer to fade her hair to pure white.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »
I havent actually heard of anyone managing to fade any of the G4 ponies mentioned to be honest - so I am not sure if the colour fast on the hair is of better quality or a higher standard then the previous lines. The only one I would suspect it could be done on is the lighter haired Fluttershy but if anyone has had luck fading anyone else it would be interesting. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Bronley

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »

"Snow White" here is really a Desert Rose with her original hair (which used to be pink).  It only took me a few days of putting her outside in the summer to fade her hair to pure white.
Pretty! I would love to hear if anyone has had any success fading any of the G4s like this. I may try it myself just for fun.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
I know that the light streak in cheerilees hair IS pussycat. that's the only one I've had in my hands to be able to match.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
I would love to see any sunfaded G4s!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
I'm glad I live in Washington then, we don't get a lot of sun. :P

Speaking of Dewdrop's hair, Scootaloo also has this color. I noticed it's just not as silky and feels more plasticky.

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »
I put a thread up a long time ago asking about Starswirl I tried to compare her to the dollyhair pussycat.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal