collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you want in future generations?  (Read 2675 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
What do you want in future generations?
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »
I know G4 is far from over, but I was looking at my whole pony collection, gen from gen, and was wondering what the next possible gen might look like. The one thing that I would ask for is for ponies to go up in size. A size more like G1 or G3. Though I wouldn't mind a more slender mold like the G2.

G4 is cute and all but I really would love to see larger ponies with different poses and what not. I'd like an old fashioned MLP feel. You know.. when they actually looked like horses? lol

I'd also love to see a sort of online collecting game where you could have a digital stable and each pony comes with a code to make it in your ranch. I think that would be pretty neat. :)

As for media-wise. I don't see another show in the future. With the success of FiM, I doubt they can top that and draw in an older audience. So that's why I feel G4 is probably going to last several more years. But still, I can't help but ponder what future gens would look like. I wouldn't even mind a re-release of all the first gen ponies! Wouldn't that be neat?

Anyway, what do you hope to see in future gens?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What do you want in future generations?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »
Brushables.  Lots and lots of brushables!

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »
Colt brushables and more love to the colts ^^
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:38:56 PM »
I would definitely like to see larger sizes, and maybe some variety in cutie marks.  As much as I love hearts, stars, and cupcakes, some creativity would be nice.

I'd like a slightly more horse-like pony, but not quite like Dream Beauties.  The eyes should stay large, but not quite as large as G3.5.  Maybe a combination of a regular G1 with a G1 Sweetheart Sister and a G4?

Some natural colors might be nice, too.  Like maybe having ponies with black and brown plus pink or blue, or a palamino pony with blonde hair with a few rainbow stripes.  I'd also like to see some more "pattern" cutie marks, like those of the original G1 mane six.

MimiTheMuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
To me, ideally, G5 would have the variety and detail in cutie marks and colors from G3, with the themed lines of G1. In confirmation, something bigger and maybe a bit more horse like. And BOYS. Boys and babies!

I also love the idea of tapping into the Webkinz concept with a collecting game on the computer. Or even come up with something more creative!

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
Boy ponies is a great idea! I'd love to make pony couples in my heard! Also, I like the idea of natural ponies too. Brown ones and black ones.. Oooo black and white ones! *drools*

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
I would like their face shape to be more horse-like as it was in G1 & G3, and their eyes to be a reasonable size and not take over their whole face.  Definitely more boy ponies and a huge range of different ponies... not just the same ones re-released with a different hairstyle or accessory.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
little tiny brushable that dont take up much room :P
cos im running out of room and i really don't want to have to sacrifice any more of my collection :(

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »
little tiny brushable that dont take up much room :P
cos im running out of room and i really don't want to have to sacrifice any more of my collection :(

I can't imagine ponies any smaller lol. Unless they become like.. micro My Little Ponies that are still brushable. Like those mini troll dolls they made way back!  :lol:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »
Well...I really don't want to be boring/too hopeful and say that I basically want what G1 was...but I might secretly be thinking that. =P

I suppose a melding of what all the gens have been would be nice. I love that G1 had so many different, awesome sets, and that they were actually released in sets. I also liked their great quality, and how easy it is (generally) to clean them up when needed these days. I loved the slender, horse-like look G2 had, along with its range of lovely colors and interesting symbols. Oh, and the forelocks of G1 and G2! I liked G3s pretty eyes, their size, and that they eventually had turnable heads, like G2 had (aka NO GLUE). They also had great colors - I like that some are shimmery and some are matte. For all three gens, I like that the heads and bodies were made of the same material, therefore head/body mismatches aren't quite as rampant as they are in G4. As for G4...I actually kinda like the smaller size...maybe they could stand to be a little bigger, but not much - I need to conserve space any way possible, hehe.

Sooo yeah...Something that combines all the awesome things of all the generations, but with a different (but not TOO different or out there) look would be totally cool.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 10:20:36 PM »
I'd like to see a return to "longer", more horse-like faces.  I'm perfectly fine with the FIM designs in the cartoon, but I think it really lacks something in toy form. 

Also, NOSTRILS.  Visible nostrils.  I figured out this is why I don't like G2 or G4 toys much--a toy just does not look like a proper pony to me if its nostrils are practically invisible.  (G4 is especially bad for this.)

A variety of poses!  No worrying about whether the head looks "proper" when turned 180 degrees.  I could not care less if the head looks weird when turned 180 degrees, just give me ponies posed to look up, to look down, to look sideways and don't worry about the turning head.  I think this is partly why we have relatively few G2 poses and VERY few G4 poses.

Proper sets.   I partly stopped collecting G3 because I just could not organize / keep track of them in my brain.  I really liked the way G1 had specific sets.  Six First Tooth ponies, six Princess ponies, six Summer Wing ponies . . . and then if a particular idea was really popular, like the TAFs or the Twinkle-Eyes, no problem!  They just make another set of them the following year.  It's so much easier to keep track of sets, instead of "a churning mass of hundreds of random ponies", which is what G3 felt like to me.   And it's satisfying to complete set!

I would love to see backcard illustrations instead of clip art and photos.  I kept my backcards as a kid and would routinely pull them out and POUR over them.  Honestly, I think whatever they paid the artist was completely worth it because seeing those beautiful watercolors where the ponies looked both like the toys and also looked real made me want all those ponies so much.

Also, individualized backcard stories again.  I wanted several ponies specifically because they were mentioned in the backcard story of ponies I already had.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »
I'd want more cartoon adventure stories. Also I want Applejack to be in the series forever!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 10:40:05 PM »
I'd like them to be a bit larger, maybe comparable to G2s.  Oh, and more poses, definitely!  More color variety would be nice as well.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 10:51:57 PM »
More boys! And I second Eviecorn abit bigger would be nice!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Dandy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • lumpy
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »
I love the digital ranch idea. That's so cool!

I like the fatter bodies like in G1 and G3, I love the cutesy eyes of G4. I wish they's do more poses, lots and lots of poses! And more types of ponies. G4 is lacking in the sea ponies or twice as fancy ponies.
formerly "Jevsy" (prior to April 2017)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal