collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Wave of Blind Bags in Yellow!  (Read 13767 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: New Wave of Blind Bags in Yellow!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 08:21:45 PM »
Ooh, I really love the Luna, and that Celestia is white, now that Cadence absorbed all of her pinkness.  But still...a whole new mold for winged unicorns? There are only three characters that would fit that mold. 
Not that it matters I guess.  Look at Sapphire Shores, being a friggen unicorn.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
NOOOO not more! This is nuts! And they need some new poses, methinks.

Why did they add the Lyra to Heartstrings? There was completely no need for that. Her name was fine...That's just...I don't like that. Trixie is fine because she's actually cannon (even though her character was completely unlikable and irritating...she was still pretty!)

I don't totally care for Luna being in the same pose as Celestia. It just ain't right...

It's kinda fun to see a lot of G3 ponies returning again. Though I'm disappointed that the name Forsythia is being used on yet another light blue body with yellow hair. It's a pretty combo but I really wish they would have reused her old unique body color. Plus we already have Lily Blossom and Ditzy Doo (even if only in the show and those taobao finds).

Also I never did care for Flippity Flop...ponies can't wear flip flops! =P I hope Ribbon Wishes is brought out as a brushable some day. I loved her colors in G3 but didn't like her pose.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 08:42:57 PM »
Oh geez, I want them all! I hope Hasbro continues to sell entire cases of them for schlubs like me.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »

And what the heck is up with Ploomette's tail??? Poor thing... she looks confused...  :lookround:  I also wonder if this means we'll see her as a G4 Pegasus at some point...

On the box art, she is a pegsus (a recolor of Fluttershy). That always confused me, until I just saw her blind bag. I guess Hasbro assumes the Glitter Wings are just a short- term magic spell or something? lol Would explain Rarity and RD.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 09:01:32 PM »
Considering the glittery wave of ponies (the so called "wave 4") hasn't appeared anywhere yet and these seem to contain "solid colored that might glow in the dark" ponies just like wave 3, I'm going to theorize that these are in fact wave 4 and the ones we have been referring to as wave 4 are actually wave 5.

They have appeared... wave 4 is blue bags.

(and some have been found from taobao)

But those have still not popped up in stores. Unfortunately being on Taobao doesn't mean anything and anyways it is entirely possible that a wave of them didn't make it on to Taobao and that it is what we are seeing here.

I am getting confused. This bonus in this wave are the princesses. So which ones seem to have "solid color that might glow in the dark".

Just Fluttershy so far. At least I hope that is the case and it isn't some kind of Hasbro derp.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 09:16:36 PM »
Well, Wave "4" (blue bags) seems to be made entirely of glittery and metallic ponies, so I theorize it's either a special edition thingy like the TRU set or actually Wave 5 (which would make sense; why release Glitter Trixie before regular Trixie?)

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 09:20:40 PM »
So many greenish ponies :D

The blind bag ponies have such a cute look, it's a shame they couldn't make a new mold for the unipegs to match.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »
Oh cool, thanks for sharing!  I would love a tiny Celestia!  :D
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
Always happy for more blind bags. I still hope the US gets more than just the first wave though.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
It's like a pastel explosion!

Wait, are the other waves of blind bags in US stores yet?

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 11:08:58 PM »
Considering the glittery wave of ponies (the so called "wave 4") hasn't appeared anywhere yet and these seem to contain "solid colored that might glow in the dark" ponies just like wave 3, I'm going to theorize that these are in fact wave 4 and the ones we have been referring to as wave 4 are actually wave 5.

I'm gonna have to agree with this! I'm also hoping that any new wave comes out soon! We need the other glow in the dark ponies.

I also wonder how many waves there will be...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:15:51 PM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:53 PM »
Why is fluttershy all yellow? She has pink hair not yellow!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »

People have theorized that she is glow in the dark.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

will2Bfree

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 11:22:35 PM »
Based on the style of the cards, I think these will be released internationally first, rather than the US jumping straight to them as some people have speculated. Then again, EqD's reasoning might not be far off; it's hard to say. Hasbro can be so unpredictable, I'm pretty sure they don't even know what they're doing half the time. Regardless, I really hope the US still gets the rest of the waves that have been released so far. There are some ponies I really want in the two waves we're still missing.

Also, we now have a name for that brushable that looks so much like Fluttershy: Sunny Rays. And since we know the numbers that are on the cards, somebody can already make a cheat sheet for the BB's as well. It's a little disappointing that the first information we ever get about Cadence is that she "loves tiaras".... Um... really?! But, oh well. None of those super short descriptions are particularly great. NO earth ponies this wave? Are earth ponies not high-class enough to even be associated with the royal bride? Ouch. I don't miss the Pinkie Pie mold too much as it's my least favorite, but I still find the absence of ANY earth ponies a bit strange.

It's nice to have a new mold, but since there are only 3 ponies they can release in it (unless they decide to go totally crazy with the alicorns) I think making a separate Fluttershy mold would have been a bigger payoff for the effort. Ploomette's mismatch does look a little unusual. I don't hate it, but I think it would have flowed better if she had at least one or two little streaks to help soften the transition. I really like Diamond Rose's darker, richer hair color. It makes me sad now that they didn't use that shade for her brushable release.

Seems a lot of people think this all may be fake. I don't feel really strongly about this wave either way, so I think I'll just sit back and wait for news on that front, rather than read all the debates.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »

People have theorized that she is glow in the dark.

Ooh yeah, eiher that or "she blushes often" means she will be a color-changer pony.  Maybe you could run her under cold or hot water and her mane and/or cheeks turn pink or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal