collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crystal empire paintable Dash and Fluttershy  (Read 13378 times)

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Crystal empire paintable Dash and Fluttershy
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »
I really like these! I'd prefer other ponies than Fluttershy and Dash, but hopefully they'll release the rest of the Mane Six, but I'd like to get one regardless. It's a nice idea for the people who do want show accurate ponies, and for children.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2012, 09:44:04 AM »
Aww, the black lines on them are permanent? I hope they're just paint so they can be removed. I'll definitely pick up a second RD to make into a :muffin: Pony. I can't wait to see how big these are.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »
I love these, what a creative concept. :) I'm sure children are going to love them. They should totally go full-out Doodle Bear and make plushies that can be drawn on and washed as well.

OMG, I NEED that Fluttershy! It's the first ever one with molded hair!!!! I think I would paint her hair pink and her wings yellow so I will have a molded hair version of her!

I'm doing the exact same thing. I love Fluttershy, so it's nice to finally see one with molded hair other than the McDonald's versions.

I'll likely be doing the same. :) I imagine that the black lines should be easy enough to remove with either acetone or fine-grit sandpaper as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
Cool! I'd get these, I think they're cute! :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
Aww, the black lines on them are permanent? I hope they're just paint so they can be removed. I'll definitely pick up a second RD to make into a :muffin: Pony. I can't wait to see how big these are.
Nothing is permanent :P Not after I get my hands on it anyways!

I think these are going to be quite big, if you judge by the size of the markers they come with. Let's assume those markers are at least 3/4 ish inches tall. The pony is almost double the size of the marker, so I'd estimate their height around 7-8 in.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »
Maybe I'm just disappointed that they haven't made molded hair Fluttershy, Rarity & Rainbow Dash to complete the Gift Set of molded hair ponies or that "art ponies" aren't my thing and no offense to those that love them, but I do not like these at all.  :redface: It might be cool if I got them, stripped off all the black outlined stuff and tried to paint them to look normal but I just don't really get why you'd draw random things all over your toys.  :huh:
I mean I had a doodle bear when I was I younger and that was fun so same sort of concept I suppose but I never just drew randomness all over it. I just..don't...I don't know.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:57:00 AM by 3377345 »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
People should keep in mind these toys are for CHILDREN, not for collectors. It's not all about us. The black lines are to help kids separate the different colors on the hair and to give them some variety, and the same is true for the 'tattoos' on the pony body. (And like several people have said already, they most likely won't be hard to take off.)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
People should keep in mind these toys are for CHILDREN, not for collectors. It's not all about us. The black lines are to help kids separate the different colors on the hair and to give them some variety, and the same is true for the 'tattoos' on the pony body. (And like several people have said already, they most likely won't be hard to take off.)

Agreed - it's becoming clearer and clearer that Hasbro has a bifurcated marketing strategy. One category is for children, the other is for collectors and bronies. A lot of the new TRU stuff is definitely more geared toward us. This could actually work out to our favor, because Hasbro is aware of our product quality concerns ;)

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »
Their cheeks do look a little...odd. But I do like how they captured the cartoon's pointier noses with this mold. Give a little to get a little, I suppose!
Guess it's personal opinions on this, I personally don't like the pony noses that's in most of the vector art for the ponies but I didn't notice it in the molds for these two till it was pointed out :|

I'm also not a fan of the super-pointy noses and no chin look. I'll have to see these in person, or at least from different angles, to really judge what I think of this new mold. As pleased as I am by their efforts to try to be more show accurate, the ponies' muzzles was really the one area I was most happy they took some liberty in the show-to-toy conversion.

If these are nearly FS size as some people suspect, then that's a huge improvement in the wing mold. They do seem a tad bit on the small side, though. Hmmm... I look forward to seeing these in person. I wonder how much they'll cost.

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »
Ooh, look. Custom bait. :devious: Perfect for everyone who like me suck at re-hairs.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2012, 11:50:42 AM »
Kinda cool idea. What are they made out of? I'm not sure I exactly think the tattoo thing fits (or why the marker colors are the ones shown).

If they aren't too much I think I'd love to get that RD and turn her into something else. I wonder if removing the black will be hard

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Oh wow, those are just too cool!

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

Agreed - it's becoming clearer and clearer that Hasbro has a bifurcated marketing strategy. One category is for children, the other is for collectors and bronies. A lot of the new TRU stuff is definitely more geared toward us. This could actually work out to our favor, because Hasbro is aware of our product quality concerns ;)
Right, Hasbro bifurcates between collectors and kids in its Star Wars lines as well.  I could also see this working against us though, if they completely heed the bronies and only make molded hair collector ponies :(  While I like quality, I don't care so much for complete screen accuracy. 

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2012, 03:59:08 PM »
Gosh, I'm so conflicted! I love that Hasbro are trying something new, I like the molds and I think they're creative and fun looking... but drawing on toys is so wrong! I had 'look after your toys' drummed into me so hard as a kid that the idea of encouraging it doesn't compute at all.

It's not just me thinking with the collector part of my brain; my parents made a big deal about how if they were spending good money on toys I should jolly well take care of them and I don't think it's a bad lesson to learn. Bah, I feel like a grumpy old woman sometimes.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
Yay, Hasbro is branching out :D Not sure if I like these or not (I'll have to see them in person) but Hasbro is finally doing something different! :happy:
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal