collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: removing part of a face up  (Read 1641 times)

from1981

• Trade Count: (0)
removing part of a face up
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »
 :) Hi. Need advice on what to use to remove part of a face up, if need be. I am planning on buying a bjd March 1st, and though I have been told the face up on the dolls in stock is not the same color on the part I'm concerned about ; I need to know how to remove a small part of it if the staff and I aren't exactly  on the same page as to what I am referring to,lol. I apreciate any help. thanks so much.
Alison

Knibitz

Re: removing part of a face up
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:54:23 AM »
it's not really recommended, and depending on what the face up is like and what you're trying to remove. It may not be easy, or pretty when you're done.
You'll also be removing the sealant from one section of the face, exposing that section to more or less yellowing depending on the sealant used. And even because of dirt (a sealed part of the face will pick up dirt than the clean face) will make it look awkward. Resealing would help, but can also cause more issues (with yellowing, chipping, etc) if it's not done properly.

If you are determined to remove a partial face up, then just take winsor newton brush cleaner on a q-tip (damp, not soaking) and scrub away at the part what you're trying to remove. Move carefully and slowly, eventually it should come off clean. Be very careful not to get the brush cleaner ANYWHERE on the face except right where you want it. It almost instantly turns the sealant into sticky goo.

be very careful of blush and contouring on the dolls face, there is not easy way to blend that back in.

from1981

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »
thanks. In looking at the in stock photos they sent me today fortunately the red lower eyelid paint is not as thick on the in stock doll as on the photos from the bjd site. Thanks for the warning; as removing anything sounds like a really bad idea,lol. I've had 17 bjds since 2005, and the need never arose before. thanks again.

Knibitz

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »
Sounds like youre getting a pipos? You could just paint over it with some glossy black acrylic

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal