collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP x Ghostbusters, Power Rangers & Transformers crossover collection  (Read 18735 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
*squeak* it doesn't sound that bad does it?  LOL  frozen salad dressing
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
*squeak* it doesn't sound that bad does it?  LOL  frozen salad dressing

No not really.

Post Merge: May 08, 2020, 09:46:07 PM

That's like drizzling mustard on your ice cream, adding chopped nectarines and sprinkling it with crushed corn nuts.
so which is which IP?  ahahahahahahaa

That's a good question. Lol
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Ah, but honestly, I think that mustard (spice), crushed corn nuts, and nectarines could make a really interesting ice cream. The way you blend ingredients is important, it can be sophisticated. :/

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/09/scooped-honey-mustard-ice-cream-recipe.html
(ironically this suggests roasted nectarines as a topping).

Uh, yeah, well unpopular opinion. I'm not gonna judge something before I see it. I hope it's something cool.
OT there are people who make all kinds of ice-cream flavours so this isn't beyond the realms of the possible!!!

Back to topic, like the ice-cream flavours can't be judged without tasting, I also won't judge what comes until I see it.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Ah, but honestly, I think that mustard (spice), crushed corn nuts, and nectarines could make a really interesting ice cream. The way you blend ingredients is important, it can be sophisticated. :/

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/09/scooped-honey-mustard-ice-cream-recipe.html

Uh, yeah, well unpopular opinion. I'm not gonna judge something before I see it. I hope it's something cool.
OT there are people who make all kinds of ice-cream flavours so this isn't beyond the realms of the possible!!!

Back to topic, like the ice-cream flavours can't be judged without tasting, I also won't judge what comes until I see it.

I was making the comparison to weird ice cream toppings about throwing in franchises that don't mix with the others.

Though Hasbro has been awfully disappointing about this brand lately. Except where having other companies do things for them is concerned. I am curious to see these.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

I was making the comparison to weird ice cream toppings about throwing in franchises that don't mix with the others.

But that's my point. It's different, and it doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

I don't understand WHY they don't mix. Is it because it's a "boy" thing? It just sounds like a personal opinion.

I'm also not judging till I see it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:58:19 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

But that's my point. It's different, and it doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

I don't understand WHY they don't mix. Is it because it's a "boy" thing? (It's 2020, so let's nope on that). It just sounds like a personal opinion.

I'm also not judging till I see it.

I Didn't Say It Was Automatically  Bad. I Just Said It Was  A Weird Mix. How Do You Not Understand This?  And I already explained why I thought it was a weird mix.   :doh: :hmm:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:14:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Maybe you misspoke, but you did say:

And I asked said I didn't understand why they don't mix?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Maybe you misspoke, but you did say:

And I asked said I didn't understand why they don't mix?

I explained why. Go read. And I don't mean the ice cream comment. Nowhere did I say this was going to be a flaming pile of crap. I just said it was weird and I'm speculating curiously and with hopeful excitement that they might be on retro moulds or that Basic Fun may be doing them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:37:18 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Ok, then maybe you misspoke. I didn't read the whole thread, I only picked up on on the ice cream bit, because I ironically thought those flavor profiles could go together.

But basically I had quoted you, and said I didn't understand your wording the "franchises that don't mix".

I never really said one way or another that you thought it was bad?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
At any rate Ghostbusters is just as much of an oddball as MLP since they don't have anything in common thematically with any of the others. It had one toy crossover with TF. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing that one too. I hope it glows in the dark.

I'm not into Power Rangers like I was as a kid, but I do have a soft spot for it in my memories and Kimberly was my favorite Ranger.

Basic Fun repro poses like they did with Stranger Things AJ would be great.

What poses and species do you think they'd use?

Transformers-Big Brother pose would rock! But an Earth pony pose is good too. Maybe on the Steamer or Posey Pose?

Ghostbusters Pony-I say a Pegasus Pose. I'd want the Paradise pose, but since they haven't made any it might be the Surprise pose.

Power Rangers-I dunno if modern Rangers still have the same Zords? So I don't know which species they'd use.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:42:46 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Considering there are lovely zombie pony customs, I think MLP can mix with a lot of things.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Actually wait. Can we get a Cutesaurus pose for the Power Ranger one?  :silly:

Post Merge: May 09, 2020, 09:09:10 AM

Considering there are lovely zombie pony customs, I think MLP can mix with a lot of things.

Those are customs. Personally I don't care for zombies. They're not my thing.

And I still think the MLP/Stranger Things and TF/Ghostbusters crossovers were weird choices. Came out cool looking, but still a strange choice.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:09:10 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
They are going to be a hit or miss... mainly because the lines they chose to cross over.

I was looking at their toy brands and trying to figure out what they could cross over with outside of TF, GB, and PR (which are marketed towards boys mostly) and they... don't have much for action figures for the girl side of things... They could do Disney again like with G3... or even a Trolls cross over... but they do seem limited in IPs  that they currently own (though I love many of the suggestions of Jem and Moon Dreamers, but do they even still own Moon Dreamers? Or just archived it to never see the light of day again?)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, so I'm pretty excited about this! It's a weird crossover for sure, but I think it's kinda fun.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Another thing I was thinking of but maybe they don't want to do a Jem pony because it's become too "high end" a brand with the Integrity dolls and crossovers with expensive makeup brands.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal