collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP x Ghostbusters, Power Rangers & Transformers crossover collection  (Read 18697 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I'm interested if it's a true G1, G3, or G4 mold but , like others have said,  if it's that weird fake retro mold, I'm out. I have no idea why they had to go and make those things...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I'd actually really like a Power Rangers pony, but also I'm biased because I like PR anyway.  :P

Not gonna lie, it is really weird though.

If it's in those weird "retro Mane 6" molds I won't buy it though. I really dislike those molds. They're in the uncanny valley for me, lol.

It does feel really pandery though, I cannot shake that fact.

I will if I like em enough. Most of the moulds are cute in person aside from the awful seams. And the Pegasi are very G1ish. Plus they would be heaps better then the jawless body-horror victims from the Reveal the Magic line.

I would flip if Basic Fun did  Prime Pony on a Big Brother mould.  :happy:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:52:20 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
If they were Basic Fun, they would’ve been mentioned in the desc., right? I wouldn’t be surprised since they did ST Applejack, but this seems like a Hasbro idea to me.
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
If they were Basic Fun, they would’ve been mentioned in the desc., right? I wouldn’t be surprised since they did ST Applejack, but this seems like a Hasbro idea to me.

We weren't sure about the G3 repros being basic fun or hasbro till later. It could be possible that Hasbro has tapped them to do this years exclusives again?

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
What an odd thing.. I guess it makes sense though, those IPs are all from the same-ish era. 

I already need the Ghostbusters pony though.  I hope it glows in the dark!

(This reminds me of Tubbz, if anyone has heard of those - "cosplaying rubber ducks", which imo were influenced by customized ponies.)
baffling crossover, to me. Even if we put the reason being for third as they are shows from the same era, as you said- I think shows like Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears would be far more suited for pony crossovers.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
What an odd thing.. I guess it makes sense though, those IPs are all from the same-ish era. 

I already need the Ghostbusters pony though.  I hope it glows in the dark!

(This reminds me of Tubbz, if anyone has heard of those - "cosplaying rubber ducks", which imo were influenced by customized ponies.)
baffling crossover, to me. Even if we put the reason being for third as they are shows from the same era, as you said- I think shows like Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears would be far more suited for pony crossovers.

I agree wholeheartedly. But toss in Rainbowbrite as well. Perhaps Halmark didn't wanna play ball?

And Power Rangers doesn't really count since it was around during the mid-90s if I remember correctly.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
idk about Power Rangers/Ghostbusters, but Transformers is already owned by Hasbro. Care Bears/SSC aren't Hasbro, right? They probably wanted to keep it to their own properties.

MLP/TF isn't all that odd, they've always been kind of brother/sister franchises (heck didn't they have a comic crossover recently?), but the others do seem kind of... out of nowhere.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
idk about Power Rangers/Ghostbusters, but Transformers is already owned by Hasbro. Care Bears/SSC aren't Hasbro, right? They probably wanted to keep it to their own properties.

MLP/TF isn't all that odd, they've always been kind of brother/sister franchises (heck didn't they have a comic crossover recently?), but the others do seem kind of... out of nowhere.

They acquired Power Rangers if rumor is true.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
if speculation is right about these being a comic Con exclusive or something then the cross over choices make sense to me. Maybe it could be basic fun since they did Majesty last year

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I would flip if Basic Fun did  Prime Pony on a Big Brother mould.  :happy:

That would be AWESOME! 

I'm very interested to see how this pans out. 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
if speculation is right about these being a comic Con exclusive or something then the cross over choices make sense to me. Maybe it could be basic fun since they did Majesty last year

Yeah, this definitely has ComicCom vibes all over it..

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Crossing over FiM-style (unless "retro" refers to the Basic Fun ponies and not the new funky G3/G4 hybrid) with random popular franchises from the 80s and 90s instead of using ponies from the 80s and 90s. I hate to see it.

Power Rangers and Ghostbusters are even more baffling than Transformers. And look at all these franchises having largely male fanbases instead of doing a crossover with another girl property. Last grasp at securing some Brony money, I assume.

Edit: at least the Stranger Things Basic Fun AJ had some merit as MLP was referenced in season 3...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 06:10:46 PM by Zapper »

Offline Goanna

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Huh, so weird lol! I don't particularly like any of these franchises so I doubt I'd buy any of them, but I'm still super curious to see what the figures end up looking like...

Offline Ossie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch

They acquired Power Rangers if rumor is true.

I believe they aquired Saban (including Power Rangers) in 2018 and they got the license for Ghostbusters last year. So everything is within their own portfolio of brands/licenses.

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
Like so many other releases, I've gotta see the pony in person before I decide!
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal