collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Axolotl  (Read 475 times)

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
Axolotl
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »
So I know we have a few members here who keep axolotl as pets. I am thinking about getting one, so if you don't mind please share your knowledge with me and point me to helpful online sources of information. I like to educate myself fully about animals before getting them as pets.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Axolotl
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:06:40 PM »
Oooo I had 2 for them!!!! :D A ten gallon tank is very nice for them, make sure you have a filter and thermometer!!! Dechlorinated tap water at room temp is what we used. For decor, we had no substrate.  River rocks and japanese moss balls make good decor, and keeping a few tiny comminity fish in the tank makes it look very lovely! <3 As far as food, we gave ours these special pellets that we just kept in the fridge and dropped them above their heads, they suck it up like a vaccum!! I miss them, they were so cute!! <3
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:09:40 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »
The advise I give to anyone wishing to own an exotic pet is to make sure you know where your pet is coming from! It is illegal to ship most animals in from other countries (like Central America), but this type of poaching happens all the time. I think it is a lot easier to get an Axolotl bred in the US than most exotic animals, but double check all the same and know that you are getting your pet from a breeder in the USA.

I see that you live in Florida, and I know that there are a LOT more illegally imported animals in FL than other states due to its proximity to Central America. So like I said -- don't be afraid to ask questions and find out who the animal came from (or, even better, go directly to a breeder and cut out the middle man, a.k.a. the pet store).

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 07:12:33 AM »
Very cool! I hope you'll share pics if you get one!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 09:13:42 AM »
Omg, I love Axolotls!!  They are soooo cute!  I love their little faces.  I've never owned one, but the lady who owns my favorite pet store breeds them and I love looking at them whenever I go in to the shop.  I'd love to own one, but I lack a good place to put a tank at the moment so I'm holding off until I do.  Someday I'll have one though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal