collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What do you think of Furbys?

Scary... they're possessed!
16 (30.2%)
Cute... they're so fuzzy and small!
36 (67.9%)
What the heck is a Furby?
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Furbys!  (Read 8964 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Furbys!
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »
oh man now i feel old! xD I was in like 5th grade when Furbys came out and i dont think i ever wanted something so bad in my life! xD I saved my allowance for a whole month! I had a white one with brown spots xD I bet its still around someplace.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
My sister and I both got Furby babies as Christmas presents a long time ago. The two Furby's loved talking to each other....which got old after a while. They could even talk to each other when stored in sepreate rooms. My furby kept calling me daddy. -.- I'm not a dude. For some odd reason I think Furbys are cute. >.> I'm not going to buy another one.

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »
I think Frubys are pretty cute. :) I keep hoping to find one for cheap at a yard sale so I can have one again.

When I was little (like 3), my brother's friend used to bring her's over to our house all the time. We decided to put in on our trampoline for some reason while we were bouncing, and I accidentally flung it off I killed it. D:

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 01:03:29 PM »
My furby kept calling me daddy. -.- I'm not a dude.

lol. xD Furby Babies have the option to call you either "mommy" or "daddy" depending on which button you press (it'll say "press this if you're my mommy, press this if you're my daddy"), you must've pressed the wrong button on accident xD it happened to me too, I had to look up how to change it!
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
Aww, I had a Furby once upon a time. Mine was a later release ('99 I believe), and I think it was supposed to be a sheep. It had white wooly fur. One of my roommates at the time had one as well, and they chattered to each other all the time. They would also occasionally torment the cats, calling "Here kitty, kitty". The cats would start looking around, wondering who was talking to them.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »
oh man now i feel old! xD I was in like 5th grade when Furbys came out and i dont think i ever wanted something so bad in my life! xD I saved my allowance for a whole month! I had a white one with brown spots xD I bet its still around someplace.

Haha! Furbys came out when I was in college. Now who's old?  I bought one though and so did my roommate. We kept them in our dorm. But they refused to be friends. Hollie's would say mine was boring and he fell asleep.

I ended up finding 2 more, one baby and one black one in a consignment shop. Those were all fun to get together. I sold mine a few years ago and sort of regret it now. All of the Furbys I've seen in thrift shops recently are really manky and must be tough to clean!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »

Haha! Furbys came out when I was in college. Now who's old?  I bought one though and so did my roommate. We kept them in our dorm. But they refused to be friends. Hollie's would say mine was boring and he fell asleep.

I ended up finding 2 more, one baby and one black one in a consignment shop. Those were all fun to get together. I sold mine a few years ago and sort of regret it now. All of the Furbys I've seen in thrift shops recently are really manky and must be tough to clean!

I feel so young, I must've been about 2 years old when Furbys came out xD

I must be lucky, I've run into two Furbys at thrift shops and both were in pretty good condition, although one has some memory trouble (but he's a 1st release, so he's older than all the others too..)
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »
I had one and I loooooved it ! :D It was brown~

I remember it turning on in the middle of the night, but it was because it fell off the shelf. I did get a bit freaked out, but then it was okay as I saw what happened xD

I loved my Furby so much, even when turned off. I kept it in a special place, inside the box so that it wouldn't get dusty and all. Eventually I gave it away to charity, like loads of other toys of mine every year. I must say I miss it now that I read this thread and did a bit of research...

I think I'll buy a Furby beanie one of these days ! I think I had one too, but I'm not sure.

Offline rimmu

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »
Oh, how I haven´t seen this thread?  :lol:
I love Furbies, I´m a huge collector of these. I´m missing only 5 Furbies and then I´ll have ALL the different colours (I have around 90 Furbies at the moment  :blush: )

I read all the comments and I don´t remember who said that she has seen only dirty furbies in thrift stores. The fur comes off  ;)  So they are really easy to clean!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal