collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wing creation and Corset help  (Read 252 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Wing creation and Corset help
« on: May 25, 2014, 03:57:16 PM »
So, I am wanting to start making wings for myself, after seeing such gorgeous wings, but I am a bit stumped on what all to use.  Here are a few questions I had about that topic:

1.  I have read of people using the "mylar" you can wrap with to go between the sheets of transparency film...is it ok to use tissue paper that is along those same lines?  I suppose trial and error wouldn't hurt, right? 

2.  I've seen where you use spray adhesive to glue them together...what brand do y'all recommend?  I grabbed Elmer's craft bond because it was all the had at Walmart, and Michael's was closed...will that do or do I need something else?

Now, for corset help.  I am wanting to do a corset pony, and I am on a bit of a time crunch. 

1.  I don't have a pasta roller, how should I go about doing this?  Would it be ok to just use xacto knives and a rolling pin for the clay alone? 

2.  Best steps to begin and end with? 

3.  Anything else special I should know about doing a corset pony?

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Wing creation and Corset help
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
1. Tissue paper would possibly work, but it would be more muted, the colors would shimmer and pop as much I think.

2. I think any spray adhesive works pretty well.

I...have never done a corset, good luck!!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »
1). are you talking about film wings? I put the wire inside the film inside tissue paper and iron it to start with

2) I use apoxie sculpt, so I just smooth the AS on the pony as I work with it, I don't flatten a sheet out before applying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »
I can only answer your corset related questions but I hope this helps!

I don't have a pasta machine either so I use baking sheets to keep the clay from sticking to the table -- and also to protect the rolling pin as it's the one I use for baking. I don't think Apoxie is safe to eat... :P I fold the sheet and put the clay in between, it peels easily off the waxy surface even when rolled thin.

I think someone actually made a tutorial about corsets, let me see if I can find some links. :)

Clay corset tutorial by Kazzellin, pt. 1
Part 2
Part 3

I've yet to make a corset actually, but typically when making any kind of clothing I roughly cut the sheet of clay into the shape I want it and do the final trimming, shaping and detailing on the pony, just like Kazzellin's tutorial shows. Good luck! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:46:02 AM »
Thank you so much for the links, and the advise!  I will have to try all this out this week and see how it goes.  =] 

BTW, I want you to know how much I appreciate the help.   It's really great to have so many sweet, caring people that are willing to share information.  =]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal