collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Star Dancer with mismatched tinsel colours - Is this common?  (Read 184 times)

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
G1 Star Dancer with mismatched tinsel colours - Is this common?
« on: October 27, 2022, 02:58:28 PM »
Hello all, it's been a long time since I've last posted but still happily lurking around. I have a small collection of G1s and have often wondered about this girl I found in a lot. She has the usual pink tinsel in her mane but multicolour tinsel in her tail. No evidence of being tampered with that I can see. Does anyone know if mismatched tinsel is commonly found in Star Dancers or other sparkle or princess ponies? Is she a variant or factory error? Many thanks!  :lovey:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: G1 Star Dancer with mismatched tinsel colours - Is this common?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 09:19:23 PM »
I have a Sunspot with silver mane and gold in her tail. I think I asked about it at the time and other people said it's quite common.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 02:42:17 AM »
This seems to be a "thing" with this set :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 05:52:54 AM »
I would call that a factory error, probably.

Tinsel stuff is not uncommon in this set xD.

Sunspot's gold/silver is extremely common. I think my MOC one has it, I rather think that might be default for store sold Sunspot, at least across a few batches. Napper has a similar silver/gold thing that happens fairly often, but again only in the store sold versions I think? I've never seen it in a green haired one.

I don't think it's so common to see multicoloured tinsel in the wrong pony (it should be Twinkler's) but because there are so many tinsel issues in not only this set but also other sets, I think it would just be considered something relating to her batch and not a thing of great significance, rarity-wise.

Just a bit less common than with Sunspot or Napper...maybe?

To add to this some context, the Starlight babies over here have a lot of tinsel related issues. Baby Mischief in particular. I have six different versions of this pony as a result :/ I have one NC, one HK and one China each with rainbow tinsel, one china with all gold tinsel...then one china with gold tinsel in the mane and rainbow in the tail...and finally, one china with the reverse. Six in total. I also know that there is definitely at least one example of gold only tinsel in Baby Explorer, although I don't own her.

I think one of the princesses - and it may be Amber - also has some silver/gold tinsel anomalies. Not including all the anomalies in the variant princesses of course.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 03:01:17 PM »

To add to this some context, the Starlight babies over here have a lot of tinsel related issues. Baby Mischief in particular. I have six different versions of this pony as a result :/ I have one NC, one HK and one China each with rainbow tinsel, one china with all gold tinsel...then one china with gold tinsel in the mane and rainbow in the tail...and finally, one china with the reverse. Six in total. I also know that there is definitely at least one example of gold only tinsel in Baby Explorer, although I don't own her.

I need to get mine out and check them now!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 02:13:52 AM »
I think she is a very cute oddity and has a special spot in my small herd. Thank you everyone for your help. So many fascinating mysteries in the world of ponies ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal