collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 44187 times)

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!!! Page 26
« Reply #720 on: June 25, 2014, 07:27:53 PM »
Whoa, I think that's a bad idea. Personal opinions are one thing, but we don't need to create a divide between collectors and bronies.

the  picture is obviousaly Sattire its meant to be humerous.  and  it's true. the  exclusive isnt for the  collectors. an everyoen knows it. its meant for hte comic  con not us.

its just light eharted humor.. nothign to get upset about.

then agian my humors off so thats how i took it.

i know some very nice bronys. and some very nasty colelcotrs so i dont think thers a divide.

I understand satire. English lit was my major in college.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 25, 2014, 07:29:06 PM »
Boycotting the exclusive is all well and good, but what of us who already have this thing?  We can't return them to the Fair for a refund, and they're already sold out, so to Hasbro the exclusive is a huge success.  If we were able to return them and Hasbro saw they didn't make any money on them, it might speak louder than our outrage on the forums.  But as it is, we're stuck with them.

Trust me, I would LOVE to get a refund for this thing.  It is far from the premium figures it was advertised as.

i dunno what to tell you hun. i feel really bad for you guys that are stuck with those...things.. maybe you cna trade it for osmething?

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #722 on: June 25, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
One more thing that I feel should be addressed while we are on the topic of the Special Edition ponies available at the Fair is the fact that the Fair depends on the revenue produced by the sales of this pony to help sustain our event.

While, I can appreciate personal preferences when it comes to a specific figure and one's choice as to purchase or not purchase it, it does the Fair a disservice to actively "boycott" it. I enjoy putting all of my time and energy into planning and executing this event for fellow collectors and hope to do so for many years to come. Rest assured that your comments on all aspects of the Fair and its product offerings (both positive and negative) are recorded and reported to the Hasbro team each year. What they do this information is out of the control of the Fair.

I have personally championed multiple "collector focused" concepts to Hasbro and hope that they will someday see the light of day. Until then, I am grateful that we have an event to attend each year that is acknowledged and supported by Hasbro. We've gained so much for G1 fans and collectors over the last few years including officially licensed products with official G1 artwork, which just a few short years ago was just a pipe dream.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 25, 2014, 07:31:12 PM »
What do we as collectors have to do to get the same respect the Transformers collectors get for exclusives? Does Hasbro not even care about us anymore?

Have you seen the thoughtful releases that harken back to Transformers history that Hasbro has created?

http://sdccblog.com/2014/06/hasbro-sdcc-exclusives-2014-update-may-2/

But nothing like that for the MLP collectors! Who've been supporting your brand since forever..since it was just a few licensed products at Hot Topic and G3. Whatever.

I love super villians, but man, I'm not interested in this niche one-shot pony from a single episode.

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 25, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »
Yes.  It was done not to offend anyone but to just poke fun of the whole thing in general.  I love all pony people, even all the Bronies. :D  Anybody that knows me should very well know I don't do things to be mean (far from it!) but I do have a silly / mischievous side. ;)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 25, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
are the g1 inventory books going to be avaible for purchase at the fair? by any chance?

But if i can say one thing.. Your   revenue  depends on how wellt his Pony figure des. and nobdy   really WANTS  this  pony figure.. so threfore not many will likely buy it.   there are a few that do and thats fine.    but   if   hasbro made    figures that people wnated  more.. then you guys would make more money for the fair itself.

soit just seems like there  setting you guys up for failure here.  (thats just my perosnal thoughts here)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:36:50 PM by Lorelei Redfern »

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 25, 2014, 07:36:39 PM »
Honestly, I think pre-gen collector focused ponies would sell better. I can bet you a FS Firefly / Surprise would sell out in a snap at the fair, now that the entire collector base is far larger than it used to be (just look how many people are going to be attending!  :blink:) It'll just take Hasbro sometime to realize that, maybe it'll be next year.  :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 25, 2014, 07:37:18 PM »
Honestly, I think pre-gen collector focused ponies would sell better. I can bet you a FS Firefly / Surprise would sell out in a snap at the fair, now that the entire collector base is far larger than it used to be (just look how many people are going to be attending!  :blink:) It'll just take Hasbro sometime to realize that, maybe it'll be next year.  :)

yeah maybe. one cna only hope. right?  well at least  we stil got a pony..sort of.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 25, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »

I have personally championed multiple "collector focused" concepts to Hasbro and hope that they will someday see the light of day. Until then, I am grateful that we have an event to attend each year that is acknowledged and supported by Hasbro. We've gained so much for G1 fans and collectors over the last few years including officially licensed products with official G1 artwork, which just a few short years ago was just a pipe dream.

Thank you for that and I hope something will come of it eventually.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Starie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 25, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
I'm not a collector by any means, but though I'm not interested in the exclusive myself, I think it is fitting for SDCC, it's a super villain and actually quite cool (50$ is steeep though).

On the other hand I understand collectors are disappointed that it's the fair exclusive. I just thinks its nice to see an altogether new pony.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #730 on: June 25, 2014, 07:43:24 PM »
One more thing that I feel should be addressed while we are on the topic of the Special Edition ponies available at the Fair is the fact that the Fair depends on the revenue produced by the sales of this pony to help sustain our event.

While, I can appreciate personal preferences when it comes to a specific figure and one's choice as to purchase or not purchase it, it does the Fair a disservice to actively "boycott" it. I enjoy putting all of my time and energy into planning and executing this event for fellow collectors and hope to do so for many years to come. Rest assured that your comments on all aspects of the Fair and its product offerings (both positive and negative) are recorded and reported to the Hasbro team each year. What they do this information is out of the control of the Fair.

I am really glad you are fighting that fight.  I hope in the future they will release more collector focused exclusives.  I think they would sell better and I hope in time Hasbro will see that :-(
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 25, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »
I'm not a collector by any means, but though I'm not interested in the exclusive myself, I think it is fitting for SDCC, it's a super villain and actually quite cool (50$ is steeep though).

On the other hand I understand collectors are disappointed that it's the fair exclusive. I just thinks its nice to see an altogether new pony.

That's it really.  I think it would be a nice pony and doll for stores or Comic Con only.  It's about what audience they are trying to reach.  Yes, there are collectors of the older ponies that will love these but for the majority,... probably not.  It wasn't designed for them specifically.  Or if it truly was, then it they will need to realize what the collectors of the older Generation ponies would like.  It's not hard to please us really but they have to realize older Generation collectors have money to throw at Hasbro too!  Some of us choose to wait until it's actually geared more towards us to throw the money to them.

Same thing with Jem and the Holograms.  If they do good things with the merchandise the fans will buy it.  If not, who knows?  (okay, some will still buy anything.  They are starved for new Jem things lol, just like me.).

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 25, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »

Thank you for that and I hope something will come of it eventually.

^This!  Thanks for using whatever influence you have even if they won't listen.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 25, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »
Interesting
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #734 on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »
I'm not even an "older collector" and this exclusive just makes me sick with pity for the G1 fans...

I just wanted to say if they made a throwback Surprise or any other G1, I'd probably buy it. I love the size/style of the G1s compared to newer releases. I feel like it was a sturdy, solid toy you could actually play with. But then, all toys are going that way now.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal