collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High selling faster than MLP...  (Read 2090 times)

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Monster High selling faster than MLP...
« on: February 08, 2012, 02:39:29 PM »
Seriously I always check for both MLP and monster high when I go to wal-mart/target/tru and I've only gotten one monster high doll because every time I go to the store they have zero (sometimes they have males left  but I'm not collecting males) and so I'm thinking I'll order them from the site, they're sold out on the sites too and I can't afford the ones on ebay. Anyone else having this problem?

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: Monster High selling faster than MLP...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 02:50:35 PM »
You should come visit Buddafly and I -- our area is fairly well stocked. It all goes very quickly, of course, but at least we SEE the dolls!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
Well I was told by my walmart that they only get MH shipments every two weeks! So sometimes the shelves are just empty because they don't restock as fast. But yeah it does seem to still be faster selling out than MLP. At lest with this current wave because this wave of ponies just isn't very exciting for a lot of people, whereas there's some seriously cool MH stuff out right now!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Repulsive333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »
Yeah that has happened here too... It is frustrating but i really do a lot of my shopping for MH on here because almost everyone is really nice about selling everything at price or close...

It makes me happy to know that people are part of a community...

Although...
The local TRU has CaM packs and Skull Shores Ghoulia (a lot of them) because they do not sell well in my area for some reason...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »

That happens to me too, go to Walmart/Target/TRU and they all have been picked through with a fine tooth comb. Every time I did get the dolls I got, I've been lucky.

Yeah that has happened here too... It is frustrating but i really do a lot of my shopping for MH on here because almost everyone is really nice about selling everything at price or close...

It makes me happy to know that people are part of a community...

Although...
The local TRU has CaM packs and Skull Shores Ghoulia (a lot of them) because they do not sell well in my area for some reason...
Same here, Mainly CAMs and SS Ghoulia. Tired of always going to check, just to see the same stuff over and over. =_=;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
I don't think I'll be collecting new MLP much longer. I'm just not that happy with the line. I will probably always buy the plushies but no more playsets. Mattel has won me over and I have the MH bug big time!

I have had some luck finding the dolls in stores but I go out almost every night on my way home to check.

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
Yeah our shops sell out of MH so fast it's unreal :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »
Are these dolls popular with kids or is it mainly collectors snatching them up?  I'm used to buying ponies for myself but I've bought a couple of MH dolls and I feel weird buying dolls. Yes, I know it makes no sense, LOL.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »
Yeah this is easily true...the same luggage toting ponies have been on shelves since last November...MH clear out the same day/same hour they hit the shelf...maybe its Mattel short stocking but I think they are simply more popular!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

harvestmgirl

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »
It seems I can never find either. My town isn't very big so I get everything a couple months behind. We just got the luggage ponies and I haven't seen the train car ones yet. I was surprised to find Skull Shores dolls yesterday. Plus our Walmart doesn't know when they get shipments so I have to check often. I'm so tired of looking at empty shelves

toralei

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
Are these dolls popular with kids or is it mainly collectors snatching them up?  I'm used to buying ponies for myself but I've bought a couple of MH dolls and I feel weird buying dolls. Yes, I know it makes no sense, LOL.

No, I agree with that. I think it's the size of the box that makes it feel strange 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal