collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me....  (Read 4434 times)

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
Show me....
« on: February 07, 2012, 01:42:22 PM »
Your favourite doll.....

*Any type*

Just your current favourite!!

And tell me about about it - name, type and why it's your favourite!!

Sol28

Re: Show me....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »

My Resinsoul Song BJD, Quinn, is my favourite doll.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not only is he my favourite sculpt ever (I think the Song sculpt is totally adorable and really versatile) but he's also the major character in my stories and the one I like to write about the most. I love all my dolls but he's the one i could never ever part with.

Knibitz

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Luke, my Volks(SD13) Heath is my favorite for sentimental reasons ;u;

I actually recently told the whole story of Luke on my blog on dA, it's a bit long, but it explains exactly why he's such a precious doll to me (it's the story of his life as a character and a doll with me):

Luke started as a Dream of Idol Luke. I originally bought him as just a head on the marketplace in april of 2009. I thought I was going to be oh-so-smart and hybridize him on a demon garden SD body, not realizing that A) DoD resin matches NOTHING and B) there's no way to put a DOI head on an SD body and make it look good.

His original character I'd planned for him was a guy named Alex, this flamer gay goth guy who collected my little ponies (XD if you can guess the person he was based on, good for you, this person actually knows this LOL)

His first face up was by ChiyoMiwa, and I absolutely loved the face up, I honestly still do.

As frustration grew over not being able to get him a body, I began calling him by his mold name, Luke. I think I was half attempting to detach the alex character from him, to convince myself to get rid of the head, but I'm not entirely sure.

The summer went by and over the course of the next few months I befriended Jackieholic (byke).

My friendship with her is really where "everything" manifested. It was the character development and roleplaying with her that changed my entire outlook on my dolls and they became the vivid characters they are now.
We ended up developing a sitcom-esque story-line of a straight-laced evangelistic Christian and a rebellious group of men being roommates. He originally befriended one of them... Jackie, and that's why they lived together in the first place. Within this sit-com, there began to be be this repeated joke about Waffles, and how EVERYONE in the house loved luke's waffles...
This sitcom is also when luke's name as Luke stuck.  It was too perfect of a name for a die hard Christian.

In September of 09 I started layaway on my biggest doll purchase yet, a body for luke. Still being a niave doll n00b, I didn't think about resin match between batches, I just though DOD will match DOD, but DOD has gone from PINK PINK to white and back...I counted my lucky stars when he matched perfectly XD

The day before the halloween doll meet of 2009, Luke's body and Jackie's head arrived to me and byke on the same day. We took them both to the doll meet, and as a joke byke had made them matching syrup and waffle shirts.

well, we took them to the meet in their matching shirts and instantly everyone in attendance would not stop going on about "THEYRE GAY! THEYRE GAY@! THEYRE IN DENIAL!"

After the meet me and byke went back to my dorm and joked around about the gay coments for a bit and just decided to try a gay photoshoot for lulz.

and from there...... it grew like wild fire...

Before we knew it they were dating and we were roleplaying almost constantly just developing a story and characters that were were both crazy about.

A small fanbase of jackie/luke fans began to grow on deviantart, our first taste of any sort of attention on here, and that drove us to develop them even more.

Over the next year or so, Byke gave luke a few different face ups.

The first to replace the goth face up that didn't match his character anymore, and was flaking horribly and a second to get an even more accurate representation of luke's character

New adventures kept being added to the storyline and luke and jackie did later "adopt" a child that was dropped on them by jackie's psychotic ex girlfriend who was convinced the child was his. Though at the time, luke and jack were steadfast in thinking that it wasn't since according to the boys age, they'd been married during the time of conception.

Luke and jack both loved the child (byke's soom beyla) and had plans of adopting another... a baby named Anya.

From there.... sadly... things fell apart for jack and luke as things fell apart between byke and I over the summer.

By July I was already trying to rebuild and purchased a delf soony in hopes of finding luke a girlfriend.... yeaaaah.... He and Kayson were supposed to date...

I tried to developing on that. That Luke was going to date kayson, soon marry her, and then she'd give birth to anya and YAY HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

This is when I began writing scripts. Without being able to roleplay anymore and develop characters, the best outlet for me was basically roleplaying with myself, which is why I use the format that I do.

And I tried to write scripts of the two of them being in love (hence the first script), But... I just couldn't... luke was gay and I couldn't make him not.

I began unloading my frustrations on Jangopop, who at the time was more of just a buddy than the lifeline she is for me today.

But we did a bit of talking around stories, she's talked about how her Ryu Meadow was a musician, and we dumped him in my storyline as he didn't fit in her family of rainbows.

So I threw in meadow, and did my best to follow jango's character description, but very quickly began running with him like he was my own OC.

As I continued making him my own, Jango became less and less interested in meadow and was ready to give up on him. I wasn't entirely sure that I was ready to own him, mostly for financial reasons, so she held onto him till February. Then cut me a deal on his head, and we called it a birthday present. Luke and meadow were finally together ;3;

Come the next easter, luke's face was a chipping mess once again and sent him away to my friend Momochu for his fourth and final face up.
When I got it back, I loved the face, but not for luke... and very quickly my interest in the dOI luke mold began to tank.

Over the next several months I desperately searched for a doll that could work for luke.
I'd done this many times before, after constant frustrations that he was a baby face, that his head was huge, that the doll itslef was huge, etc. And occasionally was in tears over the fact that the doll would feel like such a waste of money at times.

But this time around I was determined to replace him with something better. as his character, paired with meadow became such a passion for me and my storyline was moving faster than I could write.

He was now falling for meadow, moving to new york with Jake, Kayson was still having his baby after a night of drunken regret, Kayson was dating one of his best friends fiasco, and he was running into new characters of mine, jango's, eleanorannes, and goodgolly's constantly, further concreting his place as my central character and my favorite.

I had to find better, had to find a mold to do him justice...And that turned out to be a volks heath.

I'd come across a photoshoot of GardenMoon's heath, reno, and instantly knew... that was the douche bag face I was looking for. THAT was luke.

I turned to the marketplace, and of course was hit hard when the prices for full dolls were in the 800-900 range and even heads were anywhere from 400 up to 600.

But one caught my eye... It was just a head, but I LOVED the face up on it, and it was the least expensive one, even cheaper than the blank heads on the marketplace, so I inquired.
I ended up shooting a low ball offer and she surprisingly took it!

In my fit of glee I started researching the heads history like crazy. (I like tracking my dolls back to their original owners) I couldn't find much, but what I did find was a face up thread.

I was just looking for heath photos when I landed on morbid dolls face up thread and found a very familiar looking heath face up that was painted for frozenwings.... aka GardenMoons.
I went back and looked over the head's sales thread and saw a memo that it was a morbiddollz face up.... and from there I was pretty much batpoop happy.

Could not, and still can't, believe I was going to own the heath that made me fall in love with the mold to begin with.

And from there, the rest is history
He's everything I've ever wanted, everything I ever wished for

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »
My favorite doll atm:

CORALINE!

I've been a huge fan of the book for ages, and when the movie came out I was really exited. And it's one of wery few movies based on books I like that did'nt let me down. I adore stop-motion <3 The dark surroundings in the film just caught me!
And this design of Coraline is just spot on! I love her naughty smile ;) And her flexible body and her hair that looks like candy in the sun XD
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:48:37 PM »
Sakura, my Dal Magical Pink Chan, is my favorite. I really am not sure why. She's the one I wanted most when I got interested in these dolls and hubby said he didn't like Dals and kinda swayed my decision unintentionally. So I passed on her and got a Pullip instead. I loved my new Pullip instantly and knew I wanted more. I got  TaeYang next, still letting my husband's dislike make me think I'd realize I didn't like them after I got her. I kept getting drawn to her though and decided to just get her already. If I regretted it, at least I'd know. Well, at first we didn't really bond. When I was looking through the other dolls, I'd discovered a different one who's model name was "Sakura" that I really liked and so I didn't want to use that name for my MPC. I figured if I ever got Sakura, it would be too confusing. So I named her Saiyuki instead. We just didn't click. That wasn't her name and part of me just couldn't connect. Eventually I realized it really didn't matter, I'd change the other Sakura's name when I got her someday anyway (and I did, her name is Mary Weather). Within an hour of switching her name, I was addicted to her. The name clicked and there were no issues with remember it was changed because it just....Was. Her name never really was Saiyuki. Her little personality and attitude developed and I love her to bits.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Repulsive333

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »
You guys all have such wonderful stories on your dollies... <3
Knibitz - I adore your before and after photos. He looks so handsome! <3

I have too many favorites... lol

I think currently my favorite is probably my Operetta.

She is my favorite because she embodies everything i have ever wanted in a doll. Red hair, scarification, tattoos, great style, beauty mark and a pet spider... I have been waiting for her for a long time too... <3

BUT overall i would have to say my sweet SOOM Amber. (Her name is Galatea May Serene)
I do not have any good pictures of her at the moment, but she is my gorgeous (very expensive...lol) Faun. She is one of the most beautiful dolls i have ever seen EVER. lol...
She will always be my sweet love. If i was to ever get rid of every material possession i own she would be the only thing i would keep. She is more than just a doll to me.

Toccyn

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 05:48:10 PM »
@Knibitz: I just love Luke's story! He is so special and very many congrats on getting him! ; 3;

My favorite doll of all time would have to be my SideShow Buffy:

Why? She's totally freaking awesome! God I love me some Buffy!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
My favorite is still my Pullip Jupi
she has been rewigged with green :heart:

Repulsive333

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 09:54:53 PM »
Oh wow!!! jupiternwndrlnd - Jupiter has and always be one of the only pullips i have ever fallen in love with... <3 <3 <3 I LOVE the green hair too.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:22:15 PM »
Oh, no.  I know I only have 3 dolls, but it will be hard to choose.  My Lutra (Dalsoo) is so cute and sweet, but I've played with Ali (Hello Kitty) much more.  And Becca (Latte) is still so new that I don't have good photos of her yet, but her faceup is exactly what I was looking for in a Pullip from the beginning.  Will have to put some thought into this and get back to you  :P

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 02:05:19 AM »
of the dolls I own?
ooh, hard. I love them all.
But I think it's Shai, actually. She's so perfect.
my mother-in.law actually asked if she was a mini-me :P She isn't, but she's kind of glued to me.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »

Princess of Hearts by sweetmilktea ♥, on Flickr

My favourite doll is my "dream" doll, Mimi. ♥ She's a Volks Super Dollfie Nono (2008 Renewal) that I bought in 2010 at Dolpa NYC 4. She's a standard edition doll, but she's the doll I've always wanted. It doesn't matter to me that she's not hard to find or extra-expensive. I hadn't planned on buying any dolls at the event, but when I saw her in person at the sales booth I couldn't resist. I adore her face and think she looks great in any wig. I think everything about her is beautiful, even her standard one piece torso. She was my favourite from the moment I saw her at the event. ♥

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 07:35:23 AM »
I've got a lot of different kinds of dolls, but my favorite is still my Izzy :heart:

She's an obitsu'd Cornice with a blue wig and stock faceup/jewelry.  I LOVE her...she's got so much personality :D

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
This is my favorite girl, she was my grail doll for the longest time:

She's an unmodified Andolrea Unoss Aika, manufactured in 2003 I think. I adore her sculpted eyelashes and serene smile  :lovey:

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
@Knibitz: I just love Luke's story! He is so special and very many congrats on getting him! ; 3;

My favorite doll of all time would have to be my SideShow Buffy:

Why? She's totally freaking awesome! God I love me some Buffy!

I love this picture!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal