collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 163513 times)

GhouliaRules

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »
I have a question - Hopefully this isn't to dumb LOL

At my Walmart I was looking at the tags and noticed something odd. The Cupid doll had her own tag with a price of $21.97 and there was a separate tag for Sweet 1600 Doll Assm priced at $22.97. There isn't anything new coming out for that line right? I checked out Mandy's post (which is an amazing reference guide, thanks for that). I can't understand why it would be just a dollar off and why Cupid isn't mixed in with the rest of the dolls?

I figured I'd see the experts on that  ^.^

Not a dumb question at all. It's strange that Cupid was listed at $21.97 though, when she's coming up as $18.87 on their website. I wonder if it was a pricing error or if she's just cheaper online?

FWIW - pricing is subject to store. I have yet to see her in stores, but of the ones that have done the reset and have cupid tags, I've seen both the $18 price, and the $21 price.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »
I have a question - Hopefully this isn't to dumb LOL

At my Walmart I was looking at the tags and noticed something odd. The Cupid doll had her own tag with a price of $21.97 and there was a separate tag for Sweet 1600 Doll Assm priced at $22.97. There isn't anything new coming out for that line right? I checked out Mandy's post (which is an amazing reference guide, thanks for that). I can't understand why it would be just a dollar off and why Cupid isn't mixed in with the rest of the dolls?

I figured I'd see the experts on that  ^.^

Not a dumb question at all. It's strange that Cupid was listed at $21.97 though, when she's coming up as $18.87 on their website. I wonder if it was a pricing error or if she's just cheaper online?

FWIW - pricing is subject to store. I have yet to see her in stores, but of the ones that have done the reset and have cupid tags, I've seen both the $18 price, and the $21 price.

Yeah, the price for MH dolls are different at each store (Not sure if the price of Cupid is Signature or special). From what I remember when I searched for the MH Basic dolls (Signature/W2/W3/etc) in general:

Target: $18.89
Walmart: $19.99
TRU: $19.89 - $21.99
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
I promised myself that I was not going to start collection these dolls, but I broke down and got the dragon\vampire CAM starter set so that I could have the parts to complete the Skeleton girl add-on.

I bought the same combo for the same reason!  it annoys me to not have the body match the extremities.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
I promised myself that I was not going to start collection these dolls, but I broke down and got the dragon\vampire CAM starter set so that I could have the parts to complete the Skeleton girl add-on.

I bought the same combo for the same reason!  it annoys me to not have the body match the extremities.
At least the pale silver-y color is not too terribly distracting like pink or any other color would be ^.^

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
Can someone post a picture of Skeleton girl with the vampire body? I want to get her so much, but The body has to match and I didn't want to shell out $30+ for something that might not work...but the concept and outfit are so cool! I would really appreciate it.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
these are my crappy cell pics, but it gives you an idea of how well they match.  it's never gonna be perfect, but the arms don't really show - the neck barely shows due to the neck of the dress - so you really only have to worry about the thighs.  *** edit*** it's the werewolf torso (werewolf/dragon set) I used - the set with the vampire/sea monster has a pink torso I think.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:56:01 PM by Buddafly »
looking into a re-branding.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
*fail* I swear I meant werewolf\dragon set. It is one of those days.

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
Just wanted to come here and say Mattel is sending me a replacement Nefera since the arm broke on the one I bought a couple nights ago!! I am VERY pleased with their customer service, wow! :) I just hope the quality on her makeup and such is as nice as the one I picked out for myself. Very happy camper right now!

On a side note - would anyone be interested in buying a Nefera with a broken off ball socket?

Wow, that's awesome Aerosmith_Gal! I've been debating on calling Mattel for Nefera as well, just out of principal and I'm still worried about her knees snapping. I know I could probably get a replacement, though I love the face on mine and I've already seen some of them with wonk eye that I'd hate to get one that didn't look quite as nice. I guess that I could always swap heads. :)

I still have my receipt and box. What do they need from you when you call?

If the paints bad,you could always just switch the heads... :lookround:
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
i love the Skele girl -- she is seriously tempting me to get a CAM pack (tho i think i would have to root her hair) -- its so stupid that they don't come with more torsos

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »
No signs of Toralei, Operetta or Nefera in any of my stores yet. :( (in north eastern ohio)
I still have yet to find a basic Draculaura and I've been searching since I first started getting the dolls in the summer - does anyone know if stores will stop getting the wave 1s? I really don't want to pay more than retail price, shes on amazon for $30, but I also don't want to lose a chance of getting her if shes not going to be around any more.
  :(

I saw several Draculauras at Target yesterday.  That particular Target had to have gotten 20 cases of the signature dolls in for Christmas.  The piles of dolls everywhere were insane.  If you cannot find her, I can go and see if there are any left.  I'd have to charge you the cost of the doll and shipping, but at least it's better than no Draculaura at all, right?

ETA: I wanted to mention that the three TRUs that I visited today all had gotten in the newest sets of outfits!  They're a dollar more expensive than Walmart's are, but all the stores I was at had them and seemed to have two of each one!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:14:15 PM by Airiel »
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
I stopped by my local Walmart today and found this ...
]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:shocked:

But the good news is Im sure they are getting ready for restocking. There is a cupid price tag! I'll be going back every day this week.

Thats always mine too! >.< Just add the Sweet 1600 end cap full of....toddler toys.
~Foxtale~

Tagi

« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2012, 10:00:22 PM »
I took toralei's hand off so I could dress her in her fashion pack, and I cant get it to go back in. This is the second Toralei I've had this problem with >_<

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
I took toralei's hand off so I could dress her in her fashion pack, and I cant get it to go back in. This is the second Toralei I've had this problem with >_<

Ouch! that really isn't good.

Just curious why remove her hands?
I just remove the arm so i don't have to struggle putting the hand back on.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »
Oh, thank you so much for the skeleton pictures, Buddafly! I think I will get her...and then find her some shorts, both to cover the thighs (the color is ok, but they should be bones!), and also to keep her warm.

I mean, look at her, the poor thing is freezing! She has no body fat whatsoever!

Offline Lightninglover

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2012, 12:32:25 AM »
The Boots website in the UK has the Sweet 1600 dolls, CAM, Operetta & Nefera listed but not yet in stock. At least we know they'll be stocking them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal