collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Uk princesses and dragons...educate me  (Read 840 times)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
Uk princesses and dragons...educate me
« on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »
Im not sure if these are kinda considered nirvana,if not feel free to move this to coral :blush:
but do the princess ponies have any differences from their US counterparts? I would like to see a side by side comparision of these girls if anyone could help me out. Thanks.
Also can I get price checks on the remaining dragons Im looking for
I need
green-prickles
light purple- spiny
pink-sparks
Curious, of the 3 I need and of the 3 I have who would you say is hardest to acquire?

[moving to the corral for you love pkw xxx]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:04:40 PM by pinkkittywinks »

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Uk princesses and dragons...educate me
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:46:22 AM »
The princesses are not different from their US counterparts. That is to say, there ARE variants, but they were released later and not the ones that came with the dragons :)

Usually I would have said all dragons are about $30, since that is the highest I paid for mine and they were all pretty much in the same range, but I've seen them go high on Ebay UK this week! So $30-40, up to $50 even. Yeah they're pretty pricey!

I've seen them come up pretty equally, but overall I'd say Firey is normally the most popular (Princess Pearl/Tiffany's dragon). Spiny seems to come up rarely and I would probably say he is hardest to find, but I've heard many others saying Prickles or Smokey, it really depends.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:51:13 AM by Nienna »
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
Of the dragons you need, pink is the most common ($25-35) while purple & green tend to be a little harder to find & slightly more expensive ($30-50).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:48:50 AM »
Oh the princesses sure like to be confusing! There are no difference in the ponies but the UK [Euro] releases did both have different companions in the dragons but also some different accessories.

Firey is easily the most popular and seems to fetch the highest price of the group with Sparks and Spiny coming up with the most regularity. I really need an upgrade for my Prickles and I have noticed he pops up with reasonable regularity as well where as Smokey and Flash are less common. So the order is probably Firey then Smokey & Flash then Prickles and finally Sparks and Spiny. In price they will sit between $50 and $30 - sometimes you ll get a lower bargain and sometimes the top three listed here will go higher.

Good luck tracking them down!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 04:07:15 AM »
it wasn't just the UK that got the princesses with dragons ;) the princess ponies were sold with dragon attendants in italy as well. the rest of europe, from what i know, got princess ponies on cards with out an attendant of any kind :)

here is a link to shelit's website, it has a LOT of in depth information on princess ponies :)

http://shel-tponies.com/PPCATALOG/PPCatMain.html

love pkw xxxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 04:16:02 AM »
it wasn't just the UK that got the princesses with dragons ;) the princess ponies were sold with dragon attendants in italy as well. the rest of europe, from what i know, got princess ponies on cards with out an attendant of any kind

love pkw xxxx

The Netherlands definitely also had the boxed Princesses with the dragons! They were imported directly from the UK. I'm even tempted to say they were sold in the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) because I know my childhood one was bought in Belgium and I know of dragons on Luxembourg's second hand market. Benelux was often one distribution area.
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Punaherukka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 07:15:14 AM »
Boxed ponies with dragons were sold in Finland as well. I remember getting Aquamarine and Prickles for my 5th birthday (and opening the box myself). Also the girl next door had the yellow dragon.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
That was the nature of HB UK in the 80s - so many Euro countries acted as re-stockists of HB UK products that what we think of as UK ponies such as the Princess & Dragons did in fact have release in other countries.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal