Pony Talk > Pony Brag Arena

Dream Beauty in the wild and this past year’s finds

(1/2) > >>

Haruna:
Yesterday I found a Dream Beauty at the thrift store! There’s this awesome thrift store that has a ton of toys (unlike most these days) and it’s one of my favorite places to dig around. The owner knows the approximate value of the vintage toys that come through and doesn’t generally put G1s on the sales floor, which is fair, her prerogative. (Last she told me, she had an arrangement with another collector in the area.)

But Dream Beauties don’t look like G1s and I was surprised to find one stuffed behind some model horses and G4 plushes!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I’ve never had a Dream Beauty before and never expected to find one in the wild. She was $2! She is in well-loved condition, for sure. I managed to get her respectably clean and I tamed her hair.

Before:

After:

This past year I also had some more luck finding G1 ponies and G3 ponies. Still very rare, but more than usual for me.

Wingsong was from the same thrift store as the Dream Beauty from yesterday (I assume because she also doesn’t look like most G1s).

Powder was buried beneath stuffed animals at a church rummage sale, quite randomly. She’s in poor condition, but I’m glad to have rescued her. The September birth flower pony was a happy find at a thrift store near me. I almost didn’t buy her because she was priced at like $5.99, but I’m glad I did since I would have paid more trying to buy her online!

Finally, I found these four together at one of my other favorite thrift stores.

I hadn’t found ponies in years, especially G1s, but this past year has been randomly modestly successful!

lovesbabysquirmy:
congrats!  those are awesome finds

Ponybookworm:
I've yet to own a Dream Beauty!!!
And your other finds are lovely too, congrats!!!

Leave a Whisper:
Those are wonderful finds

Griffin:
Great finds, congrats! :lovey:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version