collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a short essay about plastic horses and why i like them  (Read 296 times)

thatdarnmo

• Trade Count: (0)
a short essay about plastic horses and why i like them
« on: May 23, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »
Hello, I am Mo (24 yrs) and I only recently got into ponies. I hate to say it but I never gave them a chance when I was young because, as a kid, I was very aware of the gender expectations adults placed on me and I became so frustrated with people telling me how to act and play as a girl that I completely rebelled and swore off all traditionally feminine interests for a huge portion of my life and struggled with a lot of related bad internalized issues. It wasn't until around college that I realized that it was okay to give these sorts of things a try; that I didn't need to prove anything to anyone and that limiting what I let myself enjoy was really only being unfair to myself.

It was around the time I started to come to terms with all this that FiM started gaining traction. I’ve always loved toys and animation both, as a kid at heart, so FiM was a perfectly timed gateway for me to explore these cute, colorful ponies. There is something about them that is just so delightfully creative, light-hearted and fun. I’ve since bought my first ponies this year (ringlet, flower bouquet and baby wiggles) and have found that, after a stressful day, it is relaxing to spend time with some cute ponies. I sort of view the ponies I own as symbols of my own personal growth and journey towards self-acceptance. Cheesy, I know.

I plan to buy a few more ponies from other generations as well as some of those cute fakies out there. I’m okay with having a small collection because I’m fairly content with seeing others’ various collections, which is why I joined this site. I really like the aesthetics of G1 ponies especially, with their chubby faces and gentle eyes. As an artsy type, I especially adore ones with beautiful color schemes. I enjoy drawing and sculpture and seeing gorgeous toys just motivates and inspires me more. I really look forward to seeing all the adorable ponies people have to share! : )

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: a short essay about plastic horses and why i like them
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
welcome to the arena! :welcome: :cheer:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »
Welcome to the Arena

FIM has certainly touched the hearts of many people.  I'm glad that you have given ponies a chance to enter your life!  Look forward to seeing you around :lovey:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »
Welcome! I'm so glad they bring happiness to your life :D We all need more of that in our lives :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 08:53:01 PM »
Hello, Mo! Welcome to the Arena!

I can relate to the gender issues affecting toys as a child. Honestly MLP was one of the very few 'girly' things I let myself enjoy. I even had a pony poster in my room and a few plushies but I gave a big 'NO!' to anything else pink and sparkly. All collections are wonderful - big or small - because it's all about what you want to collect. It's great that ponies can inspire you so. Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I love your intro and the thread title! Cute! Its pretty cool how many people FiM has brought to MLP :) I hope you have a good time here.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 10:58:43 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 02:48:21 PM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  Ponies do have that affect on folks, nothing like looking at them to make you feel better inside.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal