collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was Queen Majesty killed by Tirek?  (Read 5064 times)

Empress Celestia

• Trade Count: (0)
Was Queen Majesty killed by Tirek?
« on: May 30, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »
Last night at a Brony meet up someone bought up this theory, but being as me and him were the only ones who know about G1 I'd thought I'd ask the experts!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Was Queen Majesty killed by Tirek?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »
. . . I don't really want to answer that, I'm a G1 fan, not a G4 fan, and for me, the two generations don't cross over in my head. Other people will think otherwise, but that's just me.

Personally, I feel they're two different entities altogether, maybe gen one is a different dimension or something, or the long long past, ancestors of G4? Who knows what Hasbro were thinking of when they progressed through the generations, and how they're supposed to be connected. I certainly dunno! XD

Empress Celestia

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
. . . I don't really want to answer that, I'm a G1 fan, not a G4 fan, and for me, the two generations don't cross over in my head. Other people will think otherwise, but that's just me.

Personally, I feel they're two different entities altogether, maybe gen one is a different dimension or something, or the long long past, ancestors of G4? Who knows what Hasbro were thinking of when they progressed through the generations, and how they're supposed to be connected. I certainly dunno! XD

Sorry, I was talking about the G1 Tirek! Wasn't queen Majesty in the G1 comics?

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »
As boring as it sounds, I think the comics and the shows (and the toys in a sense) are supposed to be seperate canons.  So it's not so much that Majesty died, she just doesn't exist in the show.  She was never mentioned at all, and Spike (who is Majesty's dragon in the toyline, and I guess the comic as well) was given a completely different storyline to get around that.

So it's as much a different storyline as the other generations are, if that makes sense.

I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »
I don't think Majesty was in the show at all, or at least I don't think she had a speaking role or was mentioned as queen.  I don't know about the comics though.  Did Tirek appear in the comics?  Does anyone know?
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

Sorry, I was talking about the G1 Tirek! Wasn't queen Majesty in the G1 comics?

ah I'm sorry, I'm obviously confused! :dizzy: LOL. I think I need a good night's sleep!!

I would hope not, that'd be so sad for a children's story! :(

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 11:07:10 AM »
I don't think Majesty was in the show at all, or at least I don't think she had a speaking role or was mentioned as queen.  I don't know about the comics though.  Did Tirek appear in the comics?  Does anyone know?
She wasn't in the show.  Not even mentioned or in the background (I'm not even sure who's castle Dream Castle is in the show) they just chose not to use her in the show for some reason.

I don't think Tirek appeared in the comics, but I am not as much of an expert on them as I'd like to be, I get what I can from what I can read online.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:24 AM »
She wasn't in the show.  Not even mentioned or in the background (I'm not even sure who's castle Dream Castle is in the show) they just chose not to use her in the show for some reason.

I don't think Tirek appeared in the comics, but I am not as much of an expert on them as I'd like to be, I get what I can from what I can read online.

I knew that she didn't have a speaking role, but I couldn't remember if she was one of the background ponies at any point.  Thanks! It's so surprising that they didn't give her a part in the RAMC special.  As a kid I always wondered as a kid why they didn't have majesty with her castle.  What a lost marketing opportunity that was LOL.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 11:12:46 AM »
As boring as it sounds, I think the comics and the shows (and the toys in a sense) are supposed to be seperate canons.  So it's not so much that Majesty died, she just doesn't exist in the show.  She was never mentioned at all, and Spike (who is Majesty's dragon in the toyline, and I guess the comic as well) was given a completely different storyline to get around that.

So it's as much a different storyline as the other generations are, if that makes sense.

Well then I could see how the theory is sprung then. Majesty is mysteriously missing in the show but Spike's still around, therefore, something happened to her~~

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 11:56:10 AM »
Majesty was actually originally planned to be in the show according to some development documents that are owned by Wildshadow.  I can't seem to find the thread now though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »
If Tirek is in any of the comics, Lady Moondancer would know. She is the comic queen.

I agree that G1 and G4 are separate. It's clear the writers take their inspiration from G1, but they create their own stories out of the original characters. I wouldn't think too hard about what's canon. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
This is how it goes kids:

My Little Pony started out as a toy line first. The cartoon came later. Just because it didn't appear on the G1 cartoon did not mean it did not exist or did not have importance in the my little pony universe.

She's not dead, here is info from the wiki

Majesty is a unicorn and one of the most magical ponies. She can makes wishes come true when she twirls her magic horn. She lives in the Dream Castle with her pet dragon Spike, and lowers the drawbridge when friends drop round for tea.
Media Appearances

Majesty was a staple of the G1 comics sold in the UK, appearing in nearly every issue. She was also in the books The Magic Nut Tree, The Trolls and the Castle of Darkness, The Cross Weather Witch, A Shock at The Stable Show, and My Little Pony Makes a Wish, among others. She had four magic horseshoes which could turn her invisible, as well as a crystal ball and magic mirror which she used to keep an eye out for danger to her little ponies.

While most ponies had very specific magic related to their symbol or interests, Majesty could work almost any magic with a wave of her magic horn and a song-spell. On more than one occasion she turned the enemies of ponykind into statues, trees, or simply caused them to bubble away into nothing.

It sounds to me that majesty was pretty tough, making enemies bubble away into nothing! Sounds like she was a pretty awesome queen. I doubt she's dead.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
Majesty never existed in the tv show.  She is in the commercial for Dream Castle though.  They show a short clip where Moondancer is running up to Majesty, then you get the segment for Dream Castle.  She was in the UK comics like somebody else said.  So, she was never killed because she never truly existed except in the spots which were already mentioned. :)  It would have been nice if she was in the TV series though, maybe a couple of times anyway.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »
Majesty never existed in the tv show.  She is in the commercial for Dream Castle though.  They show a short clip where Moondancer is running up to Majesty, then you get the segment for Dream Castle.  She was in the UK comics like somebody else said.  So, she was never killed because she never truly existed except in the spots which were already mentioned. :)  It would have been nice if she was in the TV series though, maybe a couple of times anyway.

haha, Majesty you just said you never existed. You are posting Majesty!! Look she's alive!!
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »

haha, Majesty you just said you never existed. You are posting Majesty!! Look she's alive!!

:bolt:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal