collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141690 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #390 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:32 PM »
Yes I am certain some have restocked! We bought out the first case from the store my boyfriend works at, and just a few days ago I went back and another set was sitting on the endcap with the other retro items. So they definitely restocked. Since I opened my first Blossom, I bought another one to keep in box, and left the rest for others.

That is great news. :) It gives me hope I find the other 5 eventually. I can't bring myself to pay 5x the retail price on Ebay. 

I'm also so happy to hear that Europe will get the retro Rainbow ponies. I hope this US gets them too.

Ponyfan
I get the feeling you will. I feel like they've begun now with the Collector ponies over there, but as LadyPinwheel said, they're a bit more obscure in memory here, so they're going to bring us in with the Rainbow Ponies. I suspect when we get those, you'll get them too. I also think everyone in the UK should go ask them for the ponies we never had in the 80s, like I think LM suggested. Medley, Glory, Firefly, etc. Because if they're basing this on what sold where, chances are if they make those, we'll miss out on them unless we make it clear we really want them too. They are part of our childhoods as well, after all. :)

I know it'll never happen, but I wish they'd bring the Mountain Boys or Cookery Ponies here. :inlove:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2018, 01:17:16 PM »
Wouldn't that be awesome though? I mean they couldn't do it with every set, but if they even picked on one or two to do a swapabout so we got your ponies and you got ours? Just for one set?

Although I know you guys would ask for Mountain Boys because you're all so predictable...

*runs far far away before the pea-soup gun comes out*

My childhood mountain boys are my one comfort for the Medley and Glory that never came to live with child me when I was small :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »
Wouldn't that be awesome though? I mean they couldn't do it with every set, but if they even picked on one or two to do a swapabout so we got your ponies and you got ours? Just for one set?

Although I know you guys would ask for Mountain Boys because you're all so predictable...

*runs far far away before the pea-soup gun comes out*

My childhood mountain boys are my one comfort for the Medley and Glory that never came to live with child me when I was small :(

The Roller Skaters, Seaside Babies and your Family Ponies would also be great. But yes, we'd most likely demand Mountain Boys. ;)

Dearest Taffeta, never would I inflict the horrors of pea soup upon you.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »
Hey, hey, hey! I got a response.  The weird thing though is that I did *not* ask about the Big Brother ponies.  So either they got me confused with someone else or they have gotten that many requests that it's an automatic response.

Hello,
The first wave of ponies will be in stores in January (Target, TRU and others, but not Walmart). It includes the original 6 ponies released in 1982:
Butterscotch
Blue Belle
Minty
Snuzzle
Cotton Candy
Blossom

There  will be additional waves in Summer/Fall 2018. The Big Brother ponies are not part of 2018 plans but could be for future waves in our 3year plan.

Thank you,

Customer Service

So great news! Not a Target exclusive *and* they have a whole THREE YEAR plan!    :frolic:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2018, 03:39:10 PM »
THREE YEARS, wow!! That's excellent news!!!! :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
Hey, hey, hey! I got a response.  The weird thing though is that I did *not* ask about the Big Brother ponies.  So either they got me confused with someone else or they have gotten that many requests that it's an automatic response.

Hello,
The first wave of ponies will be in stores in January (Target, TRU and others, but not Walmart). It includes the original 6 ponies released in 1982:
Butterscotch
Blue Belle
Minty
Snuzzle
Cotton Candy
Blossom

There  will be additional waves in Summer/Fall 2018. The Big Brother ponies are not part of 2018 plans but could be for future waves in our 3year plan.

Thank you,

Customer Service

So great news! Not a Target exclusive *and* they have a whole THREE YEAR plan!    :frolic:

Oh my, so exciting!!  WOOOOOO!!!

I too got a response on Facebook.  I asked if the Rainbow ponies would be coming to the US and they said "The chances of that are pretty good! Make sure to check with your local stores when the collections come out to see if they have any in stock :) "
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:42:32 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »
Big Brothers?!?! :frolic:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
I went to a bigger target with higher hopes, and every end cap is completely trashed with broken/clearence toys so I couldnt find ANYTHING

So I bought socks and a stress relief gudetama squishy instead
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2018, 04:19:27 PM »
I went to a bigger target with higher hopes, and every end cap is completely trashed with broken/clearence toys so I couldnt find ANYTHING

So I bought socks and a stress relief gudetama squishy instead

That sucks!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »
I bet they are inundated with pony fans spamming them with ideas and requests.

I only hope that it's not going to be one of those cases where the US gets a ton of stuff and everywhere else gets a token nod with one or two things. I mean, we're people too, right?

And what about Australia, NZ etc in all of this? What's been said about those places? Also Canada? Are these US releases showing up up there too?

Praying for the three year plan to include many options in the UK that didn't come here before. I don't need Big Brothers or Mountain Boys. Just the early ponies we never had, or at least a few of them. My sister wants Paradise and Twinkle Eye Ponies. I knew I shouldn't have told her.

Edit - hey, just noticed that message said 'in 1982'. So why are they in boxes with the wrong year on them? Gah. I was born in 1982 so it annoys me when they try to push MLP into 1983 instead ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:52:47 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »
Well this is exciting to hear that they are not only at Target! :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2018, 04:54:07 PM »
Well, the first set was sold from 1982 TO 1983.  The bulk of the collector ponies probably were sold in 1983 because IIRC companies tend to release new lines a few months before Christmas . . . they then sell that line throughout the year after the New Year.  Like I know the G2 ponies were stamped with 1997, but really they started showing up in stores en masse in 1998.

I imagine they went with 1983 because "35th anniversary" sounds better than "36th anniversary". ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:55:40 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2018, 05:01:02 PM »
Well, the first set was sold from 1982 TO 1983.  The bulk of the collector ponies probably were sold in 1983 because IIRC companies tend to release new lines a few months before Christmas . . . they then sell that line throughout the year after the New Year.  Like I know the G2 ponies were stamped with 1997, but really they started showing up in stores en masse in 1998.

I imagine they went with 1983 because "35th anniversary" sounds better than "36th anniversary". ;)

They're stamped 1982, and as you say, they come out around Christmas, so it's a no brainer really. They are 1982-1983 ponies, which means MLP began in 1982. That makes the anniversary last year.

And if that was the case, this should've happened last year. BUT if it's a 3 year plan, it's not 35 years at all, is it? So the whole thing is nuts. Maybe they're the only official anniversary release. I guess we'll find out when we see the Rainbow Pony boxes.

I just don't like when it's blatantly wrong. Although, ironically, it's only wrong for the US. 1983 is correct for the UK and probably for those ponies. They're just not being sold here.

They could have not put the year on the boxes. Unless we are meant to think of them as CF ponies, which I grant, probably did happen in 1983. Either way, it's annoying.

I also don't know about the bulk of them being sold in 1983. I mean, just going on the things I know about the UK, I've 2 different boxes for 2 different Waterfall sets here and they're both stamped 1985, but one is spring and one is summer. That's a pretty tight shift from one release to the other. And there's good indication the Mountain Boys came out in about October (that's when my mother first saw them and bought one for me in readiness for my sister being born) and yet probably petered out/were replaced by the Big Brothers in late spring 1988, because they're on the 1987 insert but then they vanish and the Big Brothers are more common in general. Big Brothers (Adventure Boys) are officially 1988 here but I think their cards say 1987, so that's another tight run. There are 3 inserts dated 1987 in the UK. The Mountain Boys are only on the first one, which definitely places them in 1987 (also the style of their card). The Adventure Boys are on the other 2, and they have the later 1988 style card. No Mountain Boys mean they were gone by this point...so that's what, about six months?

And then there are other sets that just keep coming (Rainbow Ponies, 1984 cards still on sale all through 1985, and so on).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:08:36 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #403 on: January 15, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »

Hello,
Butterscotch
Blue Belle
Minty
Snuzzle
Cotton Candy
Blossom

Thank you,

Customer Service

How exciting! I look forward to the next ones! :)

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »
Does anyone have side-by side pictures of the collector ponies and the original? I'd really like to see what the difference is!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal