collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Parks & Universal Studios trip ahead!!  (Read 425 times)

Offline ditabee

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Disney Parks & Universal Studios trip ahead!!
« on: May 18, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »
I'm heading on a vacation to the Disney World parks & Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure with my husband in a few days. Any little cafes or food that you guys suggest to try? Was told to get the Dole whips (ice cream blended with fruit---like pineapple) & at Gaston cafe....to get the cinnamon roll for breakfast one morning as it's huge & delicious!!

It's been about 15 years since I went to the Disney parks but went to Universal Studios only 2 years ago. I loveee all the food in Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Really exctied to get Butterbeer again!!

We aren't doing any of the fancier "character" sit down restaurants this go around to save on money. Next time we go will hopefully be with our future kids in tow & we will do all of those.  :)

Besides food....any other little suggestions of fun things to check out, must haves to buy, (or even things to avoid), will be much appreciated! I kind of slacked with my preperation on the itinerary of the trip until last minute  >_<
Find me on Mercari & eBay under username: *sugarloaf*

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Disney Parks & Universal Studios trip ahead!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:20:55 PM »
Sounds like fun! I'm jealous!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ditabee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »
Sounds like fun! I'm jealous!

I'm really looking forward to it! I need a vacation!!  :blink:

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »
I went last month lol :D I'd highly recommend doing the pin trade in the disney parks. It sounds silly but it's so much fun trading pins XD Also the T-Rex restaurant at downtown disney is awesome and the food is sooooo nice :D

Also in the disney parks i recommend getting a magic band. All of your ticket details and fast pass info goes onto it and it's far easier to keep with you than having to take tickets out from your pocket all the time. Plus you can buy character ones (i'm still wearing my little mermaid one....haven't taken it off since my holiday lol XD)

Offline ditabee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:37:24 AM »
I went last month lol :D I'd highly recommend doing the pin trade in the disney parks. It sounds silly but it's so much fun trading pins XD Also the T-Rex restaurant at downtown disney is awesome and the food is sooooo nice :D

Also in the disney parks i recommend getting a magic band. All of your ticket details and fast pass info goes onto it and it's far easier to keep with you than having to take tickets out from your pocket all the time. Plus you can buy character ones (i'm still wearing my little mermaid one....haven't taken it off since my holiday lol XD)

My best friend went this past September & told me about the pin trade & I definitely want to do that! It does sound like a blast!

Awesome about the T-Rex resort! Hadn't heard of it but love dinos & will definitely check that out!!!

I am not staying in one of the resort hotels but actually my mother in law has a timeshare in Orlando. $143 for an entire week, I couldn't give that up! I hope I can still get the cool Magicbands like an Alice/Cheshire cat one! My bestie got the cheshire cat one but she was staying at a on park resort. She told me they have some at the stores but she got hers through reservation throuh the Pop Century resort so not sure if I can get one like her...did you stay in one of the Disney resorts?

Offline Archer

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 07:59:18 AM »
No, i was in a  hotel near International Drive :) First thing i did when i got to Magic Kingdom was to buy a magic band :D Really, really good :) I think just about every store stocked them but try the bigger stores for a full character range :)

And if you haven't set up your fast passes yet, i'd advise you to do that :) Me and my friend set ours up before we went and then updated them throughout the day once we'd used up our original ones :)

Offline melodys_angel

• Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 10:45:03 AM »
Ohana, in the Polynesian resort.  Last I remembered it had amazing food :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline LadyFizzy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • dreamstobecome.com
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »
I am heading there next week! So excited, it's been several years since my last trip. We are staying close to Downtown Disney, but not on a Resort property hotel, and we're doing MagicBands anyway. You can use them for your park tickets and FastPasses. (The Resort-staying folks can use it for their room keys, meal plans, AND credit cards too.) We're also diving into the world of pin trading... I'm hoping we'll get some good trades in. :)
Ahoy! I'm back after a long absence. :P

Sig by ShinePaw
Profile pic by Kanthaka

Offline ditabee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 07:44:47 AM »
I am heading there next week! So excited, it's been several years since my last trip. We are staying close to Downtown Disney, but not on a Resort property hotel, and we're doing MagicBands anyway. You can use them for your park tickets and FastPasses. (The Resort-staying folks can use it for their room keys, meal plans, AND credit cards too.) We're also diving into the world of pin trading... I'm hoping we'll get some good trades in. :)

Hate we missed each other Lady Fizzy!! That would have been fun to meet another member!!

I was sucessful with my pin trades (did you get anything cool?) & I'm really getting into that too. I joined the Disney Pin Boards. Are you up there too? :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal