collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you have Facebook, do you have ponies on there?  (Read 452 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
If you have Facebook, do you have ponies on there?
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
The way my D&P army is laid out right now would be a perfect cover photo!

I just can't bring myself to do it for two reasons; a) I'd have to take down the photo of Daffy and b) I'm not sure just how widely I want to broadcast my collecting! I do have an old photo of my collection in an album but it's really old so it doesn't look obsessive at all.  :lol:

If you use FB or other similar sites, do you have photos of your collection on there? Are they obvious or hidden away in albums?

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: If you have Facebook, do you have ponies on there?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 02:47:14 PM »
I don't put anything pony-related there, I've already attracted too many weirdos!

Besides, I'm rarely on Facebook anymore.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »
My facebook is only for ponies - even my profile pic is my avi...lol!

Not that real life is unimportant but clearly ponies take priority :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
Yes, I have an album of some of my customs although I'm horrible about updating it. I talk about ponies occasionally since I have some pony friends :) I've used customs as my profile pic in the past too ^^

I also have another page just for my customs but um... also horrible at updating or you know, logging into it XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
I keep my pony collecting a complete secret only my bf and mum know about it. So I've never put any pics on FB, I can't quite put my finger on why I don't tell anyone maybe I'll just tell everyone at work tomorrow   :biggrin:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »
Whenever I get a new doll or pony, I put up a photo on Facebook. I don't know if anyone actually cares that much, but really its all I do "publicly" on FB at all. I only use it for keeping in touch with relatives, status updates or games or anything like that. I used to upload the photos to show my boyfriend when he was away at university, but now he's back home. I don't know why I keep doing it, but I don't plan to stop.

If anyone goes to my doll album, they'll find the link to my collection site. There they can see my entire doll and pony collections, tons of silly/fun/art photos, some info about my collecting likes/habits, and my wishlist. I got embarrassed and took down the link for a while, but after a week or so decided that was stupid and put it back up.

The way I see it, I honestly don't care what people think about it. I love my ponies and I love my dolls. I won't ever stop collecting dolls, at the very least, and if they're that disturbing to someone, they're gonna have a hard time being in my life period.

Stuntmang

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
I have an album on there called "the downward spiral" that showcases the trading cards I own so far.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 03:08:01 PM »
I don't have anything pony related at all on my FB. But I have another, newish, FB account which is purely for everything I can't bring myself to post on my other one. It is not that I am ashamed of my hobby, but I know what some people would think or say. I would love to post pony pics on my main FB account, and I know you have the option to share with only selected peoples, but I am too scared that the people that I don't want will see them some how.

The people I do not wish to share with are school and work colleagues; people who I can't exactly de-friend. I can't be 100% me on FB and it sucks...  :(

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
Nah. I keep the info on my facebook pretty limited. Especially since i also add work related people. The people who hire me don't need to know about my "obsessions". XP

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
No I don't... It's not that my friends don't know I collect ponies. I just don't think people want to know about my collecting outside of the Arena!

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »
yes, i do. i have my customs posted for all my friends to see, even the ones for sale, but i made it so only my pony friends can see my collection albums.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »
I've got ponies as my header and my profile pic, just G4 vectors of the The Filter Is There For A Reason :drama: Pony and RD. I've only got old highschool friends and family on FB, and I don't really even use FB anymore. It's pretty much just become the easiest way to stay in contact with my GF and other best friend lol. I don't really care if people I used to know find out I collect ponies, I swear someone I know from high school works at the local toy shop, just don't know for sure. And I don't keep it a secret at Uni or work, not that everyone understands :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 03:35:12 PM »
I hate facebook, I have one but I don't use it, so I don't have ponies on there.  However, I notice a lot of people on here keep their collecting a secret?  Don't!  I've gotten some of my favorite ponies from people who find out I'm a collector!  A customer overheard me talking about it at work recently and as I result I got 15 complete ponies WITH ribbons, at least 8 pony outfits, a show stable and a dream castle with all accessories FOR FREE because the woman wanted it out of her basement! Another lady buys storage units and brings me ponies whenever she finds them! You never know who is going to hear of your interests and remember you when they come across them!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »
I have pics of my customs on facebook in fact my facebook has only two things pictures of my customs and my African gray parrots 

Offline Dee_Kary

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://deekary.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
I have a johnjoseco image for my Timeline wall and a pic of me with my ponysona custom for profile pic :P I'm proud of my love for ponies ^^ and several of my friends like MLP as well! I occasionally share stuff I like from dA as well as my customs :). I haven't shared my collection there xD but I do have it publicly shown in my dA gallery :P hehe.

Thanks to Rainbowjuice and SourdoughStomper for the sigs, and moonflower for the avie!
My deviantart / Commissions: Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal