collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Favorite from this set?

Hopscotch
11 (29.7%)
Gypsy
12 (32.4%)
Honeycomb
2 (5.4%)
Snowflake
3 (8.1%)
How dare you make me choose just one?!
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favorite UK Adult Pony?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Favorite UK Adult Pony?
« on: October 05, 2017, 09:20:59 AM »
How dare I make me choose just one?! How could I choose between Hopscotch and Gypsy? Bah!

Okay, okay. Hopscotch. :D I'd be over the moon to have her gorgeous self. I don't know how easy she is to find, but one day, maybe.If I'm lucky.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:34:38 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Favorite UK Adult Pony?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »
Hopscotch, easy! She's so beautiful, one of my biggest wants! :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 09:44:41 AM »
Honeycomb if she had golden hair like her baby. But since that's not the case I'll pick Gypsy. She a special one because I remember her from the comics. :lovey: There was this very mysterious story about her lying in a circle of something (trees?), and there was something with a coin rolling towards her. I wish I remembered more of it!

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:48:35 AM »
Hopscotch! Beacause:

1) She is the only pony out of this set that I own.
2) I wanted her since I was a small child and
3) It would not let me choose both that and the option "How dare you make me choose just 1" ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 09:56:51 AM »
Hopscotch! Beacause:

1) She is the only pony out of this set that I own.
2) I wanted her since I was a small child and
3) It would not let me choose both that and the option "How dare you make me choose just 1" ;)

:lol:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 10:17:35 AM »
Hopscotch.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 10:41:14 AM »
How dare I make me choose just one?! How could I choose between Hopscotch and Gypsy? Bah!

Okay, okay. Hopscotch. :D I'd be over the moon to have her gorgeous self. I don't know how easy she is to find, but one day, maybe.If I'm lucky.

Based on the theory that no ponies in the wild are easy to find, as ponies go, Hospcotch is not too bad raritywise. Though she comes up more often on ebay uk for obvious reasons. I think she's about as common here as the year 2 or 3 unicorns and pegasus ponies are over there. She has nirvana versions on the continent too, but I am not sure they are especially rare either unless they're somehow dramatic in their difference. So don't give up hope. :D I am sure there is a Hopscotch out there for you!!

I have a problem voting here too, because technically I count three of the four as being childhood ponies. I had Snowflake from new, but as a child I didn't bond with her as much asi like her now. I didn't like that pose for a long time then. I do like it now :). So I had Snowflake in 86.

I found Gypsy second hand at a school fete. I didn't find second hand ponies often until we began carbooting in 1995, so this was a rare find and I was very excited by her. I stalked the stall till it opened to buy her and I remember she cost me 30p.

And then my childhood friend had Hopscotch. She wasn't my pony, but we played with each other's ponies and had ponies sleeping over at each other's houses a lot, so she almost was. And when she didn't want her ponies any more, she gave them all to me, so that Hopscotch from my childhood is now my pony.

So which one would you vote for?

Obviously I also think Honeycomb is beautiful too xD. But she's the only one I don't have a childhood connection to...

Gypsy was (completely unstereotypically) able to tell the future in the comic. She also had some slightly mysterious magic going on, if I remember right. She was a pretty cool comic pony. Snowflake was as well, she was Pony Christmas at least once.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 10:48:30 AM »

Based on the theory that no ponies in the wild are easy to find, as ponies go, Hospcotch is not too bad raritywise. Though she comes up more often on ebay uk for obvious reasons. I think she's about as common here as the year 2 or 3 unicorns and pegasus ponies are over there. She has nirvana versions on the continent too, but I am not sure they are especially rare either unless they're somehow dramatic in their difference. So don't give up hope. :D I am sure there is a Hopscotch out there for you!!

I have a problem voting here too, because technically I count three of the four as being childhood ponies. I had Snowflake from new, but as a child I didn't bond with her as much asi like her now. I didn't like that pose for a long time then. I do like it now :). So I had Snowflake in 86.

I found Gypsy second hand at a school fete. I didn't find second hand ponies often until we began carbooting in 1995, so this was a rare find and I was very excited by her. I stalked the stall till it opened to buy her and I remember she cost me 30p.

And then my childhood friend had Hopscotch. She wasn't my pony, but we played with each other's ponies and had ponies sleeping over at each other's houses a lot, so she almost was. And when she didn't want her ponies any more, she gave them all to me, so that Hopscotch from my childhood is now my pony.

Obviously I also think Honeycomb is beautiful too xD. But she's the only one I don't have a childhood connection to...

Gypsy was (completely unstereotypically) able to tell the future in the comic. She also had some slightly mysterious magic going on, if I remember right. She was a pretty cool comic pony. Snowflake was as well, she was Pony Christmas at least once.

Thanks for letting me know, she's more common over there and that I have hope.

I always love hearing about childhood pony stories.  :good:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »
I voted for Honeycomb. I think she is really pretty, and I love her pose!
Honeycomb if she had golden hair like her baby. But since that's not the case I'll pick Gypsy. She a special one because I remember her from the comics. :lovey: There was this very mysterious story about her lying in a circle of something (trees?), and there was something with a coin rolling towards her. I wish I remembered more of it!
Ooh, I think that is comic number nine! Ponyland Press has a scan of it: http://www.ponylandpress.com/library/comics/

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »

That's a really tough one Taffeta.  I have thought a lot about this and I have decided you should choose Gypsy.  The story about the school fete is adorable, and the detail of remember she was 30p!  How exciting.  Plus that she sounds like she was awesome in the comic and you really liked her character.  So, Gypsy for you.

Hopscotch for me, she's one of my favourite ponies ever.  I love her pose, I love her cool blue body colour, I love her deep dark purple hair (not many deep dark colours in G1s) and I am crazy about her symbol, so detailed, so cute, the lines even look like they've been chalked down on a playground.  Plus I loved playing hopscotch as a child and still do!  Hopscotch has been living with Minty on my bedside table for the past few weeks.

P.S. Also I didn't even know she was a UK pony until now, so that just makes her even cooler.
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 05:52:42 PM »
Yeah, there are a lot of Hopscotches on eBay right now. Perhaps when I get my first Safeway paycheck I'll get one... she's so pretty.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 09:36:08 AM »
Ooh, I think that is comic number nine! Ponyland Press has a scan of it: http://www.ponylandpress.com/library/comics/

OMG, that's the one! I even recognise the cover. Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:38:06 AM by Broken Irishwoman »

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 02:21:56 PM »
Gypsy just because she's a fortune teller. No more reason, I LOVE her, she's one of my very very favorite pony!

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »
Quote from: Flickafriend

That's a really tough one Taffeta.  I have thought a lot about this and I have decided you should choose Gypsy.  The story about the school fete is adorable, and the detail of remember she was 30p!  How exciting.  Plus that she sounds like she was awesome in the comic and you really liked her character.  So, Gypsy for you.

Hrm. Thank you! I think you are probably right, it just seems like betraying Snowflake. I don't remember getting Snowflake although I remember her almost getting lost/stolen by a former friend when she mysteriously went to visit the friend's house without my taking her there. Gypsy, though, I remember vividly. I know where the fete was, that it was the orange stall, and that she was the second thing to be sold that day! I really loved Gypsy a lot and still do.

But to be fair to the others, I'm going to vote for 'how dare you make me pick one' and let LAW deal with the decision, it's her poll ;)

I never knew Hopscotch was so popular O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 02:37:55 PM »
Quote from: Flickafriend

Hrm. Thank you! I think you are probably right, it just seems like betraying Snowflake. I don't remember getting Snowflake although I remember her almost getting lost/stolen by a former friend when she mysteriously went to visit the friend's house without my taking her there. Gypsy, though, I remember vividly. I know where the fete was, that it was the orange stall, and that she was the second thing to be sold that day! I really loved Gypsy a lot and still do.

But to be fair to the others, I'm going to vote for 'how dare you make me pick one' and let LAW deal with the decision, it's her poll ;)

I never knew Hopscotch was so popular O.o.

Does this mean a shoe will be chucked in my general direction? :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal