collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whats the best or worst surprise you have received in a pony lot?  (Read 3077 times)

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Whats the best or worst surprise you have received in a pony lot?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
OMG that is an amazing box!!!!  :shocked:

But eurgh about the bugs!!! Must admit I had 3 dead woodlice come to me in a Cherries Jubilee mane once  :|

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »
:O holy potatoes!! Thats an amazing lot to get!

as for that clown..... no thank you at all!

The nicest surprise I've gotten is pony art that came with the pony I bought of that pony. :3

Fisha Seabreeze

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »
I won a lot from the UK once with a Princess moondust variant. Her medallion wasn't photographed so you couldn't even tell! It was a super surprise!

Worst?  A tiny dead toad about the size of a nickle. The seller was sooo upset that it was in there. It didn't bother me too much as the ponies were wrapped and the box had lots of paper in it. It was an honest mistake so I wouldn't accept the partial refund she offered.

Awww, poor little toad friend. :(

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »
Hm. my best durprise was the following :

I bought a G1 Show Stable at ebay.de, mostly because of the cute MLP hair-thingies that were included. Since the seller lived pretty much near us, I asked her if I can come and pick up the playset to save on shipping. She said yes and included the message that she might have some ponies in the basement or something and that I could check them out when picking up the stuff. I was like OMG YAY :D When we arrived, she and her sister had a whole lot of stuff for me to check : MLP storytapes, accessories, the G1 Schoolhouse and a box of G1 ponies <3 I clearly remember them saying that there had to be around 20 ponies in that box to the max.

btw, this was the box as I got them and before unpacking, I can still feel the joy when looking at this <3 :
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and where is the surprise? Well, it wasnt the fact that they had ponies (that was totally great too!!), it was the fact that "around 20 ponies" just wasnt right! When I unpacked the lot, I got this herd with 71 members  :frolic: :

Well and my worst surprise... probably that Star Hopper I got... when I cleaned him suddenly itty bitty tiny insects crawled over my hands o.o ... he had an insects nest under the belly right between the legs *dies*  :yikes: :drunk:  Gah soooo gross!!!!

Ohhh wow. So many Ponies! What an awesome surprise!

And the insect nest ... ohmygosh BLECH!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 05:04:48 PM »
I wonder if that insect nest was actually a bunch of baby spiders though, not that I would mind.

RarityDash

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »
the though of picking up bug covered ponies really freaks me out.  :yikes:
I don't buy many lots as they ted to get expensive, but sometimes ponies I buy are in worse or better shape than described. I can't think of an example of the bad, but the seller described my Baby Whirly Twirl as having messy, bad, hair, but he has great silky hair.
That clown. Guess I'm not sleeping tonight.   :yikes:

Offline KarRedRoses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Gallery and Scraps
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »
 :lol: I'm cracking up at this thread! You shared some wild yarns about pony surprises both jubilant, and horrifying. Just had to share that.... Please, carry on!  :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 03:04:10 AM »
:faint: Einhornbaby what an amazing box!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 06:26:14 AM »
Best surprise: One time I won a lot that I affectionately call my "gravel ponies." The seller had thrown everything down on some gravel to take their pics. (They actually cleaned up quite nice.) It included a Baby Bonnet School of Dance. They had not opened it, but there was stuff inside! The best thing in there was a Fancy Mermaid! (The purple one.)

Worst surprise: mouse poop.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
Hmm, probably the two best were my first Nirvana of Italian Lickety Split and a Very wonderful condition Mimic.

Worst was the G3 Desert rose with chewed gum in the mane and tail...
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

tinyblondie

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »
I looked on Gumtree on a whim in December to see if there were any Ponies for sale in my City, I found a perfect condition Lullabye Nursery complete with all its accessories and Baby Tiddley-Winks with 6 adult ponies as a little bonus. It was only £20 so I called the lady and she said she was happy to drop it off for me that afternoon. When she arrived she had bought with her 14 ponies, a bag full of clothing, brushes and other accessories, the nursery, show stable and even a dream castle! She didn't charge me any extra for them either. That was a good day ^^

As a little bonus, I bought a shenanigans plushie off of ebay expecting it to be one of the small fabric haired plushies, of course it turned out she was a big one, I was very happy.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2014, 01:36:13 AM »
The best thing was Steamer.. not that great but I love him to bits.

Worst thing was a G3 with that black slimy mould inside the head and in the body.. And cobwebs in it too.. *barf*

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2014, 01:50:23 AM »
Best is probably my SS Truly. She was in a bait lot and is the farthest thing from it. Her flocking is thick and shiny and soft and she still has original curl.

Worst? A little maggot, still alive, crawling about my pony's face. Weirdest part? It survived the trip in a bubble mailer from overseas. I was conflicted whether to squish it or let it go... not knowing what type of insect it would become if it lived. In the end I let him go :lookround:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

baby_yoyo

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2014, 04:10:31 AM »
OMG :drunk: I think I would have had a heart attack if I had found that in my parcel!!!!

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2014, 04:32:44 AM »
Worst? A little maggot, still alive, crawling about my pony's face. Weirdest part? It survived the trip in a bubble mailer from overseas. I was conflicted whether to squish it or let it go... not knowing what type of insect it would become if it lived. In the end I let him go :lookround:
Omg that would be my nightmare!!! Gives me the heebie Jeeves thinking about it!  :yikes:

Best was finding Colombian apple jack in a big lot of ponies for £14.99, I was so surprised as she looked like sand digger from the pic and it was before Colombian ponies had been identified so I had no idea who she was!  :frolic:

Worst was not exactly the sellers fault but I came home to find a ripped parcel on the floor with some pony heads sticking out the sides and random trail of ponies leading up the stairs to the hall where my dog was contently chewing a ponies leg off! Lol thankfully majority of them only had a few bite marks.

Babydoll~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal