collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you feel like your collection is only worth having if you can display it?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Definitely not- I display my favorites and cycle through.  Not having everything on display at once makes setting up new displays and changing things up more fun.

Also- cuts down on the light damage and dust.

I hadn't thought of it that way,... guess I feel a little less guilty now (though I've stolen a new shelf in our TV room since I last posted.  ^w^ )

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
After 8 years I still have nowhere to display my collection, so my answer is yes. Although, I have always collected with the hope of having my own pony room someday which will hopefully come true when we hopefully move next year! ^^
At the moment they all hang out in the bedroom cupboards.

TwilightOwl

• Trade Count: (0)
Right now, I feel like I need to see them all or they aren't worth having. I don' t love to store things. But, as with almost anything, I reserve the right to change my mind. ;)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Accessories and stuff I can pack away but actual ponies I feel like I need to have out and displayed nicely. I'd feel like I had too many if I ran out of room to have them all out.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Hmm I'm not really a displaying type of collector. Mine live in tubs under the bed, so I cannot say it really bothers me to not have ponies on display.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

BigHicks1977

My over all toy collection is in the thousands and I even had to get a trailor put out back to hold some of it...but I keep a pretty good rotationon display between my favs and new pieces and some of my random pieces

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
I have ALL of my collections displayed and couldnt imagine not. I am fortunate to have a room of my own that only consists of my collections  :biggrin:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
I'm a collector of G4 merchandise, and I've tried my best to display everything that I can with what limited room I have at the moment. Next month I'll be moving into a bigger place, so I'll be able to expand where I display my ponies.

I do enjoy just having them around though, and I would love collecting them even if I wasn't able to show them off to everyone. Every once in a while I find myself brushing the mane and tails of my Fashion Style ponies, or just taking the time to read the back of the trading cards. I collect because it makes me happy; being able to show that to the world is just an added bonus. :)
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
I've wanted to put my collection on display for ten years. This year, it finally happened. It makes it better, but I'd say it's similar to having photos or sentimental jewellery you can look at our wear when you want.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
I have mine in display, but most of them arent with me at the moment. However, it doesnt really bother me if I cant display something, its the fact that I have it that counts to me. :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
For me I like to show them off. I also collect breyer horses and put them away a while ago. I just ended up selling a ton of them. I did not feel right that they were put away. I do not want to put my ponies away, I might end up selling them then. But we are all different in what we like and do not like.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Mmmm.... well, I don't know about WORTH having... but I love displaying them! I love having a bustling pony town around my Wedding Castle!! It's fun, colorful, and looking at them makes me happy.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
I'd LOVE to be able to display mine, but it just isn't possible right now - but I could never part with them, so I'm storing them until we get our own place and I can get a pony room! My ponies are always worth having, I love them the same regardless of where they are!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal