collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oh hey! Look toywiz has the SDCC 2012 Ditzy Doo...wait...wait a minute  (Read 3041 times)

ButtonMasher

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Oh hey! Look toywiz has the SDCC 2012 Ditzy Doo...wait...wait a minute
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »
Meh. That's not that bad. I wouldn't necessarily balk at that price if I didn't already have all the Ms. Doo I could want. Collectors' stuff that's hot in pop culture at any given time can end up being pricey.

To be honest, I think sometimes collectors can get so caught up in our own expert opinions on our hobby that we sometimes forget that there is a wider market out there.  Our opinions on what the price should be won't always reflect that market and certainly don't get to determine the price on that market (much as I might wish they did  :P). If someone is willing to pay that price for her then that's what she's worth. Simple as that really.

My only real problem is that Toywiz charge like wounded bulls for international shipping. So anyone outside North America would be in for a world for hurt to get her from there :/

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »
My only real problem is that Toywiz charge like wounded bulls for international shipping. So anyone outside North America would be in for a world for hurt to get her from there :/
Well, it gets worse. ToyWiz won't let you buy pay them using PayPal or Credit Cards if you're not in one of their predefined countries either. Which makes buying from them a hundred times more difficult if you're in a country not on the list. I don't even know how to initiate a wire transfer, and I refuse to use it since there's no way of tracing my money once it leaves my bank account.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

ToyWizBebs

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
Yipes! I should have weighed in here sooner!

I know it's expensive, but I can't do anything about it at all. We also buy on the secondary market, and those items always come at a premium to us as well. I'm sorry it's disappointing :( I'd personally love nothing more than to have everything made in large enough supply and availability that prices would stay low.

As others have mentioned here, demand does drive pricing. Especially when something is in limited supply with high demand, those prices get driven up for everyone except those who were fortunate enough to get the goods at retail - in this case at Comic Con.

I wish I had a better answer, but that's what's going on with Ditzy. I have a feeling that she's one collectible that's going to keep increasing in value because everyone loves her (my opinion, not ToyWiz').

Post Merge: August 15, 2012, 08:48:11 AM

Well, it gets worse. ToyWiz won't let you buy pay them using PayPal or Credit Cards if you're not in one of their predefined countries either. Which makes buying from them a hundred times more difficult if you're in a country not on the list. I don't even know how to initiate a wire transfer, and I refuse to use it since there's no way of tracing my money once it leaves my bank account.
Sorry, I nearly forgot to address this part. Our overseas shipping is expensive due to tracking and insurance that are required for security. Our payment processor also sets the requirements for online payments to minimize potential fraud transactions, which are very difficult to trace or prosecute in many foreign countries. Collectibles are a big target for that due to their easy resale value. When you sell merchandise that is easily turned into cash, you become a target for some unsavory people I'm sad to say.

Our solution is to offer payment by bank wire transfer because that doesn't involve online payments. And while I understand not wanting to do that, tracing the money is very direct. Your bank knows where they sent it and should give you a receipt when it is sent, and our bank gets the confirmation very quickly.

I'm very sorry that the international shipping standards are so problematic though. We're just one small toy store in New York, so we don't have the clout of massive retailers who have more options for worldwide delivery.  But we've been in  business for 20 years, so we do stand behind our merchandise for all our customers, no matter where they are :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:48:11 AM by ToyWizBebs »

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 02:10:14 PM »
Can't blame you guys. :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Is always in high demand. Always see posts here that people are looking for her.

Once the price is lowered or if there are more made, I may just buy one just to keep around.
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »
I choked on my mashedpotatoes, I was NOT expecting that pricetag.

Edit: double checked ebay... doesn't seem off the mark. .... yikes. XD Almost makes me wanna let go of mine.... almost... but nah *snuggles my :muffin: Pony*
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:16:53 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »
I've seem them constantly raise the price on this item over the past two weeks. She was actually under $100.00 at one point. They are also a member on here.

[Edited for backseat modding.  -SDS]

Sadly this is about par for the course when it comes to post-convention sales of Hasbro convention exclusives.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:01:53 AM by SourdoughStomper »
should be perma-moderated

DJOctaviaSymphony

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
-smacks head on keyboard- Ditzy Doo you are sooo hard to get my hooves on *tear*

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »
....the price just went up again. woww
I think it will be a long time, if ever, for me to get a bubble-butt pony
Wishlist | Trade list

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 12:16:37 AM »
I've seen people selling multiples on eBay for 30-50$ up from the average price (average selling price is $70, most of these bidders have them $100+) - and they have multiples.

I hope resellers (not necessarily ToyWiz, I'm looking at eBay shops) aren't buying up all of the less-expensive SDCC ponies and putting them into their shops for inflated prices. My only schadenfreude-ish joy then will be watching them pay fees as they sit ... and sit ... and sit for those prices. XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 12:46:35 AM »
I've seen Ebay sellers with multiple D3rpys and it's sort of maddening since even at the SDCC and online, they were limited to one per household or something like that? People find ways of getting around that.

I do want :muffin: Pony, and it seems like her price will keep climbing as quantities get lower and lower. I'd hate to think that I'd be forced to buy her from a seller who has a whole closet full of them.  :mad:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 02:12:41 AM »
that is way too expensive :(

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »
I've seen Ebay sellers with multiple D3rpys and it's sort of maddening since even at the SDCC and online, they were limited to one per household or something like that? People find ways of getting around that.

I do want :muffin: Pony, and it seems like her price will keep climbing as quantities get lower and lower. I'd hate to think that I'd be forced to buy her from a seller who has a whole closet full of them.  :mad:

People were able to walk away with 2 at the event I believe.

The guy I pre ordered from got his hands on at minimum 18, I've yet to see anyone say they didn't receive there pony.  I'm still baffled at how he managed to get so many unless he brought his grandmother, dad, uncle etc with him.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
Our solution is to offer payment by bank wire transfer because that doesn't involve online payments. And while I understand not wanting to do that, tracing the money is very direct. Your bank knows where they sent it and should give you a receipt when it is sent, and our bank gets the confirmation very quickly.

I'm very sorry that the international shipping standards are so problematic though. We're just one small toy store in New York, so we don't have the clout of massive retailers who have more options for worldwide delivery.  But we've been in  business for 20 years, so we do stand behind our merchandise for all our customers, no matter where they are :)
Well, Wire transfer is also commonly associated with Nigerian scams over here. Hence my refusal to use it. Also, I don't understand why it's okay for Singaporeans to pay by PayPal or Credit Card, but not Malaysians, considering that they are a neighboring country and was even once part of Malaysia. Lastly, I don't think it's fair.

I really need the Spa set. BigBadToyStore will ship to Malaysia and accept Malaysian PayPal, but they're sold out :yikes:

In the end I made the purchase and had it delivered to my vPost address in the US and paid for it with PayPal. I hope this is an acceptable improvise, since I do really need the set, and I'll end up paying through my nose for it anyway - vPost isn't cheap.

For the records, Hasbro Malaysia has told my aunt that they're not going to bring in anymore blind-bag sized ponies because the last two G3.5 waves didn't sell. However, apparently Singapore now either has their own Hasbro or has switched to Hasbro Australia, and are getting them :yikes:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:45:57 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Takoto

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 03:33:44 AM »

Another annoying thing (probably pointed out before) is that unless you live in the U.S., chances of getting a :muffin: Pony are pretty much zero. SDCC is.. of course only in San Diego, the Hasbro Online shop only retails to the U.S (and maybe Canada)... the only proper way to get a :muffin: Pony is to buy one on Ebay now, and we all know those prices are out of a lot of peoples reaches > 3>

Curse living in the U.K. > O < 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal