collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 140061 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #420 on: February 29, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »
Well, I might take you up on that dare! I have an original Draculaura on the way, and soon a DT to be rehaired as a blonde, and then 1600 as well, and I'm eyeing GB on ebay! She's really won me over!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #421 on: February 29, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
Well, I might take you up on that dare! I have an original Draculaura on the way, and soon a DT to be rehaired as a blonde, and then 1600 as well, and I'm eyeing GB on ebay! She's really won me over!
HAHA you are such a sucker!
and you have a thing for blondes....i can't wait to see her blonde!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 29, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
I can't believe I forgot Fluttershy! She's one of my favorites of the ponies I actually can identify. Aellos is right, it must work because of the pastel. It's much harder to make neons work together.

I had no idea DT Cleo had so little tinsel in her hair! I was able to pull the little bit mine had back into a small braid, and now she just looks STUNNING with all that straight, luscious black hair loose! I never minded Cleo's tinsel before, I love sparkly things and it just seemed to be Cleo who wasn't working, but this has certainly got me wondering.

While I'm gushing about her, I also love her little accessories! The wedjat eyes on her face mask, the little crowns on her shoes, and her amazing glow-in-the-dark pyramid nightlight! So well made. She really is the most human looking monster though. She just looks like a pretty girl in Mummy pajamas. XD

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 29, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »
Keelee: Red Roses is my favorite pony...yellow with pink hair!

Thanks for the link! XOXO

Post Merge: February 29, 2012, 05:40:48 PM

Oh, and exactly what sort of elastic do I need and where do I buy it? It's obviously not your average elastic band...

1/4 inch braided elastic. You can get it in the notions section at Jpoann's or Walmart.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 29, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »
Thank you, Hanna! Lifesaver!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #425 on: February 29, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
Yeah, without her wrappings, there's not much to scream 'monster' with cleo, even though she's clearly Egyptian...still doesn't immediately make one think 'mummy'

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

here she is in the bee girl dress and there's nothing really monstery about her at all. I get kind of wishy washy about her somtimes but I like her for the most part.

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 29, 2012, 07:14:15 PM »
That bee dress suits her quite well nonetheless! Maybe I'll redress one of my Cleos. I can't  make my poor Beeatrix until I get another torso (at least), so her dress isn't doing anything. I refuse to buy a second starter pack when I only want one piece. Just buying one of each starter pack I have pieces I don't need!

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:24 PM »
Yeah, without her wrappings, there's not much to scream 'monster' with cleo, even though she's clearly Egyptian...still doesn't immediately make one think 'mummy'
That's basically why I don't own a single Cleo. I can justify owning dolls of they're green skinned with stitches, Cleo just too human. I don't think people would get her if they didn't know. On the other hand, she is a well-preserved zombie princess with no internal organs.
:heart:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 29, 2012, 07:30:43 PM »
I personal love Cleo!! She is my personal fav of all the girls  i think its funny how people say she isn't a monster without her wrapping. But if you take the fangs off LaLa the ears off Clawdeen they wouldn't be monsters either. Something to think about.

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 29, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »
Thanks guys! I love this set! (I'm a major cat lover.) My man (who actually got me started collecting MH dolls) says that he doesn't like this set because they look expressionless. I can agree with him... they do look kinda "blank".

I am SOOOOO upset that they don't come with stands!! WTH?!? It's just not right.  >_<

(crappy phone pic)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #430 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »
Clawdeen and Draculaura at least have interesting molds and skintones. Clawdeen's ears are not detachable, they're part of her mold. Draculaura is pink and has cute little elfy ears so even if she didn't have fangs, there's at least still an inhuman element to her.

I mean if you didn't -know- Cleo was a mummy and you saw her in the bee girl dress, would you wonder why she's a monster?

I mean, she's a very pretty doll, no arguments there, and there's nothing wrong with liking her. Just saying, without her wrapping and egyptian theme, there's nothing overtly monsterous.

Almost anyone else, you can tell, no matter what they're wearing, what kind of monster they are. (though being fair, except for her skintone, there isn't much monstery about ghoulia either, but she is at least blueish gray.)

-that sucks about the new two-packs coming without stands. wtf?

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »
To change the subject for just a second......
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself to the Arena.  My name is Kristen and I'm 29.  I've been lurking here for a couple years (as long as MH has been around) and only decided to join just now thanks to Keelee!  I snagged a DotD Deuce from that website she posted a few pages back (he has since sold out :( ) and I wanted to give her a proper THANK YOU!  I only saw him once or twice in stores.  Little did I know I'd never see him again.  Just saved me $20 or $30 bucks. 
I also wanted to add that I'm a completionist, and have just about all the dolls, fashions, playsets, and CAM's.  I am missing Sig. Abbey though.  Been looking for her weekly since June and never saw her once.  Thank goodness they're re-releasing her in May.  Anyway that's alittle about myself.  Once again, thanks Keelee.  Best tip yet!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 29, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
Hi Kristen! Welcome! I'm a completionist too. I started collecting just a few months ago and it's driving me mad not having all the dolls!

I also want to thank Keelee. I missed out on Duece but they will be sending me Lagoona! I can't wait for her to arrive!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #433 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »
What is Mattel Thinking!?
We NEED STANDS!
This is going to be so frustrating to find extra stands to have everyone standing up on my shelf :'(

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 29, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »
To change the subject for just a second......
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself to the Arena.  My name is Kristen and I'm 29.  I've been lurking here for a couple years (as long as MH has been around) and only decided to join just now thanks to Keelee!  I snagged a DotD Deuce from that website she posted a few pages back (he has since sold out :( ) and I wanted to give her a proper THANK YOU!  I only saw him once or twice in stores.  Little did I know I'd never see him again.  Just saved me $20 or $30 bucks. 
I also wanted to add that I'm a completionist, and have just about all the dolls, fashions, playsets, and CAM's.  I am missing Sig. Abbey though.  Been looking for her weekly since June and never saw her once.  Thank goodness they're re-releasing her in May.  Anyway that's alittle about myself.  Once again, thanks Keelee.  Best tip yet!

Oh wow, I'm so happy it helped you! I was totally shocked myself. It feels great to have helped another collector! Congrats on getting Deuce, and your amazing collection in general. :3 And, welcome to (posting on) the Arena! Hehe, you've been lurking longer than I've been around, but I pretty much love everyone here.

Post Merge: February 29, 2012, 08:46:04 PM

Hi Kristen! Welcome! I'm a completionist too. I started collecting just a few months ago and it's driving me mad not having all the dolls!

I also want to thank Keelee. I missed out on Duece but they will be sending me Lagoona! I can't wait for her to arrive!

Yaaay! I'm so happy for you too! ^-^ And grats on your Werecats - such a sweet Hubby!

I'm also disgruntled that they don't come with stands. They cost the same (I assume) if not more than the other 2-packs, and those came with stands, and brushes, and an accessory! It is super inconvenient to display without a stand. They were exactly designed to be free-standing.

Gah, I just realized - this means they don't have pets either, doesn't it? :< That makes me so sad. How can I have a Basic doll without a pet? (Let alone a stand!) I would really have preferred they not release these girls until they could give them a proper box of accoutrements.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:46:04 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal