collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 140061 times)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
It looks like the Werecat Twins are starting to hit stores! A few sellers on ebay have them in hand and some people on other boards are reporting of their local TRU getting them in this morning. I wonder how long the preorders will take now?

Nothing here, that's for sure. I've been hounding my TRU for two weeks. Hopefully they don't slip past me somewhere.

I'm thinking that a lot of stores are going to be getting this set come Friday if they didn't receive them today. I've spoken with employees in the past at my local TRU's and they've told me that general shipment days from Mattel fall on Tuesdays and Fridays, but that they typically expect most of the Monster High items on Fridays.

I hope that you're able to find them! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
Hmmmm it just so happens that I have about 45 minutes to kill this evening. I think I'll make a stop by TRU and see if they happened to get any. I love the werecat twins!

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »
I got my Operetta today! The lovely hannaliten picked her up and sent her to me. I adore her! I have her exact hair-colour and length and I love rockabilly. She really was my grail and I'm so glad to have her.

I need to dress my SS Lala in something else though and pick up some of those cute dresses you guys have been posting here. :) And I need to wash my lovely Lala and Operetta, get the gunk out of their hair. I'm terrified of messing up Operetta's curls though. Anyone got pics with 'success stories' of hair washes for Operetta?

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Okay, you guys are going to have to clear this up for me- Lala is Lagoona? And Laura is Draculaura? Right?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »
Okay, you guys are going to have to clear this up for me- Lala is Lagoona? And Laura is Draculaura? Right?

I thought Lala was Draculaura...but I've heard it go for Lagoona, too. Glad to see I'm not the only confused one :'D

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »

In my opinion, Lala should refer to Lagoona, as that's what I started calling mine immediately upon buying her. >.> It just makes sense! And the alternative shortened name is " 'Goona ", which sounds awful to me.

But a lot of people refer to Draculaura as Lala instead. I think this is because of the books, though I haven't read them. She does have a La in her name, but it doesn't make as much sense to me as Lagoona.

I prefer to abbreviate Draculaura as Ula, it's just as cute and short. I believe she's sometimes called Ula D in the diaries. Laura of course makes sense too.

But it's all just personal preference! :3

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
i was always under the impression that Lala referred to Draculaura. *shrug*

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »

Same here.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »
Okay, I can see that- but it's highly confusing. DX
I do like Ula, and Laura makes tons of sense.

But Lala is just confusing. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »

Same here.

Ditto. Though I've never read them myself, I've picked it up from the books fans and have been associating it with Draculaura for some time now.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »
I believe Ghoulia's a pretty major fan favorite, it's just this particular version that isn't very appealing. At least for me, I don't like the short hair, the hideous green make-up, the unattractive clothing design (again, I think the green is a big part of it)... and as Tuney said, we already have a beach Ghoulia in Gloom Beach, who looks so much better.

And even if you love SS Ghoulia you'd probably agree it was just a jerk move to take Gil out of the assortment instead of, honestly anyone else, but especially her. He's the only Gil doll there is, and certainly hasn't been easy to find even while in the shipments. I've only ever seen one in person (at TRU, where they're wildly overpriced) and once in-stock online, for a short time.

I love the green makeup, then again, I love green, I would adore a Ghoulia with green hair -- OMG!
but i hate her with bangs -- HATE IT! (not that I don't still have them all, but the bangs have been tinkered with so they are less obvious...I almost want to just reroot the front.)
((when my fearleader gets here this week I will have all but SDCC...will get a group shot or two))

but I do agree -- if there are 2 Ghoulias in the pack, why on earth would the swap Gil for Lala?  Why not ditch a Ghoulia.

Post Merge: February 28, 2012, 02:22:42 PM

Okay, I can see that- but it's highly confusing. DX
I do like Ula, and Laura makes tons of sense.

But Lala is just confusing. DX

according to MH wiki -- http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Draculaura
"She is called "Lala" and "Ula D" by her friends and her boyfriend Clawd Wolf, who is her best friend Clawdeen Wolf's older brother. "
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:22:42 PM by jupiternwndrlnd »

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2012, 03:48:30 PM »
When I first started collecting, I referred to Draculaura as "Ula" or "Ula D" as per her diary. But an old member here and I would chatter about the line on another board and he was a fan of the books, where her nickname is Lala. I started referring to her as such, just because it made more sense to use one nickname. And now it's stuck, even though we don't speak anymore. I do find it rather ironic that even in the early stuff, "Ula D" seemed like "fetch" from Mean Girls- "it's not going to happen!". And here we are, with the fanbase rarely using it.

Personally, I don't care what people use, as long as it makes sense in some context. I'd be entirely confused if someone started referring to Frankie as Mary, or Clawdeen as Janet.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »
Anyone happen to have a pic of Abbey in Spectra's fashion pack outfit (with or without the scarf or whatever it's called)?
I had the weirdest dream where a male friend of mine was in a store looking for Abbey for himself and found her signature version which also had Spectra's outfit in the box. :P  I wonder if this means I have to get Abbey.. I'm starting to like her specially because of the show!

I just got Spectra during the weekend, she was a b-day gift from my ex. Now I have incredibly huge amount of 3 dolls.. XD  (DoTD & GB Draculauras and that Spectra). I think Spectra would look very good with black hair. Hmm.. And I realized I love white monsters, so I may have to hunt down Cupid somehow. :lookround: But I'm still not collecting these!! I hate dolls!! (Yes, still in denial).

About Draculaura's nicknames: not liking any of them so I just call her 'D'. :blush:
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2012, 03:56:03 PM »
Anyone happen to have a pic of Abbey in Spectra's fashion pack outfit (with or without the scarf or whatever it's called)?
I had the weirdest dream where a male friend of mine was in a store looking for Abbey for himself and found her signature version which also had Spectra's outfit in the box. :P  I wonder if this means I have to get Abbey.. I'm starting to like her specially because of the show!

I just got Spectra during the weekend, she was a b-day gift from my ex. Now I have incredibly huge amount of 3 dolls.. XD  (DoTD & GB Draculauras and that Spectra). I think Spectra would look very good with black hair. Hmm.. And I realized I love white monsters, so I may have to hunt down Cupid somehow. :lookround: But I'm still not collecting these!! I hate dolls!! (Yes, still in denial).

About Draculaura's nicknames: not liking any of them so I just call her 'D'. :blush:

That's a great idea for a photo! If I had that dress, I'd totally take the pic for you.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
found a DT frankie and ghoulia at target today.  I had to get them!  they were the first DT dolls I've seen.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up more signature dolls when they first came out (how long did cleo/duce sit in the shelves and I kept passing them up!)  won't make that mistake again!
looking into a re-branding.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal