collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 189856 times)

flutterwry

• Trade Count: (0)
Basically because I knew who did it and had the ability to collect a payment myself.  Maybe if it was my own kid I would have gotten one?  I dunno.  I contacted iTunes support because I got a call about suspicious activity from my bank.  Once we were going through all the details all the pieces started making peeeeeerfect sense!  Lol!  My sister made it up to me, so I wasn't put out too much, but still....It was WAY to easy for her to do.  She racked that bill up in about 20 minutes, if even. 
Oh my. :(
You're not the first who had to go through that. However, the first thing which swoooooshed through my mind was the following:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2131826/iPhone-apps-Parents-sue-Apple-childrens-costly-highly-addictive-games.html
http://www.labnol.org/software/itunes-app-store-refunds/13838/ and
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/50119/apple-app-refund-purchases
- I don't know whether one of these may help you, however, this doesn't keep me from wishing you GOOD LUCK!

Gosh, £900 is a lot of money! Because I use a Kindle, mine is linked to my amazon account. I think I have to input a password when I purchase through Amazon, but I would have to double check on that.

Not got the update on mine yet, or at least not that I've noticed, but I've been offline since this morning. Will check when I get home. Wish there were quests though.

Eeyup, I also wish there were some quests - currently my game is pretty much in Aquarium mode...  :| I collect my bits, destroy rocks and parasprites, collect and give hearts - but there's not much else left to do. I could rearrange my Ponyville and make it pretty, but that's such a pain in the neck as long as you can't store houses and shops in the inventory...

I don't know about Android/Kindle security settings, as I'm a loyal member of the Church of Apple ;), but I'm 99.999% sure it's possible to deactivate IAPs completely or request a password each time you download something on the Kindle, too.

What am I leaving in this chest? Is this coming out of my inventory? And what is that other option, the blue gift box, for? What's the difference between leaving a chest and clicking on a gift box??? I can't find an actual answer anywhere. Also, how do *I* receive a chest? Thanks!
1. a heart
2. no
3. sending a heart - you can also tap 'Gift all'
4. it's sent to the inbox of the social menu instead of dropping it in the middle of Ponyville
5. a friend has to drop a chest at your place (but many people, including me, don't do that any more, as the game crashes each time one tries...)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:08:04 AM by flutterwry »

littlekelly4587

I'm psllvn202

I thought you got hearts when you added friends but I've added 3 that are playing MLP and I didn't get any hearts. I'm trying to buy Scootaloo and I need more hearts.  :(

Deines

I'm T-Deines, and I send hearts whenever I login, which is once a day. If you'd want a chest, I need to know. I don't want some person's game crashing.  >_<

flutterwry

I thought you got hearts when you added friends but I've added 3 that are playing MLP and I didn't get any hearts.
It's weird. I have over 500 friends, but never really got a heart for adding them.

However, just add more friends. Use the list of this thread, and there are many more:
http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/board,327.0.html
https://www.facebook.com/MyLittlePonyTheGame
http://www.reddit.com/r/MLPIOS/ (check out the side bar and the brown box on top of the page)

The easiest way without having to add everyone manually is to graze your friends' friend lists, or enter something like "flutter*", "pinkie" and "rainbow" into the search tab. The result will be a loooong list. Just add them - most of them will confirm you without asking or complaining.

Offline Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Neat Saint Patrick's Day update this morning- but be careful of the Flim and Flam's game new ad if you get it-  says pop balloons for 10 gems for one week, but it's not 10 gems-  it's still taking off 25. 

(and OMG  £900  :blink:...  parental controls or not, there ought not be such an easy way to buy gems by pushing a couple buttons.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:33:36 AM by Sugarberry »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Same here, Sugarberry. Thank goodness I don't have 25 gems. Nice job...

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile

Post Merge: March 12, 2013, 10:45:40 AM

What am I leaving in this chest? Is this coming out of my inventory? And what is that other option, the blue gift box, for? What's the difference between leaving a chest and clicking on a gift box??? I can't find an actual answer anywhere. Also, how do *I* receive a chest? Thanks!
1. a heart
2. no
3. sending a heart - you can also tap 'Gift all'
4. it's sent to the inbox of the social menu instead of dropping it in the middle of Ponyville
5. a friend has to drop a chest at your place (but many people, including me, don't do that any more, as the game crashes each time one tries...)
[/quote]

Thanks for the info it def helped. But I'm still wondering: why drop a chest AND send a gift? It just seems like it would be easier to just send a gift and not waste time going into each person's Ponyville and dropping treasure chests. Also, I've been leaving chests for everyone on my friend's list - should I stop? And I'm not getting any hearts at all in my inbox.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:46:07 AM by Queen Eclipsia »

flutterwry

But I'm still wondering: why drop a chest AND send a gift? It just seems like it would be easier to just send a gift and not waste time going into each person's Ponyville and dropping treasure chests. Also, I've been leaving chests for everyone on my friend's list - should I stop? And I'm not getting any hearts at all in my inbox.
You're absolutely right, and I'm wondering myself. What is the sense of this? I would understand the visiting thing if you could, say, remove clutter or parasprites and get a nice reward, but just dropping a heart seems pointless to me; so I only use the gift button. Especially, as I said, because my (and many other people's) game crashes very often if I try to visit a friend's town. (And don't let me get started about the eeeeeendless loading bar...)
I don't know why you don't receive hearts in your inbox (probably just add more friends, friends, friends...) - but as long as you can leave chests without crashing the game, just go on if you enjoy it. That should be fine. Except if you see a town which already has received a gazillion of chests. If there are too many, that friend will experience many crashes.

Talking about the chests:
I was used to getting about 10-20 chests a day... currently, however, it's maybe one, two at best, if any at all. (Still getting lots of hearts in my inbox, though)
So I'd love to know: is this because people are just as fed up from visiting other towns as I am, or is this another GL glitch where chests just don't arrive?

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
I think there's probably two reasons - more people are falling out of playing so much, and also a lot of the time people get error messages when trying to visit. The second one is why I don't drop many chests, which is a shame, as I would be happy to do so if I could.

Why they decided to do gifting through hearts and chests, I have no idea, but it does make up some of the quests. If anyone is able to send me (ladyguinevere) some chests, I would be very grateful, as I need seven more to finish this quest I'm  on!

No update on mine yet - perhaps it's only out on IOS? There is definitely a way to turn off IAP on the kindle as well, but I haven't bothered, since it's only me that uses it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:37:25 PM by LadyGuinevere »

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
The saint Patrick update is out yet? My game is not updating it.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html

I saw the post about it on facebook this morning but when I looked on itunes and I didn't see an update - unless I missed it or something.

My whole problem is, I have an issue where I don't have wifi so I have to find a place with wifi, or download it from my laptop but I still have to go to a place with wifi to actually get the download to work. I can't just download it and then bam it works, I still have to find a wifi spot to actually make it work, which sucks since I live in a small town and there is actually only one place I know of with free wifi.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
The game bas just update! Only one new pony. You said you see the info on facebook, there is a group for the game?

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile

I got the update this morning. It was just there when I logged into the game.

Ladyguinevere- I left you a chest :)

I currently need 3 chests for Spike. I've received only one chest at the beginning of the game (no crashing happened), but now I need three and from what I'm reading, it doesn't seem like its going to happen. So what should I do? Wait for some benevolent pony to drop one n my town, or use some gems?

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
I just got the update too.

May I beg for some treasure chests?  I'm 8 away from completing a quest.  I'm mysticfyre.

Thank you so much!

Queen Eclipsia, is that your name in the game?  I'd be glad to send if you add me.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

flutterwry

You said you see the info on facebook, there is a group for the game?
Plenty:
http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/board,327.0.html
https://www.facebook.com/MyLittlePonyTheGame
http://www.reddit.com/r/MLPIOS/
  :lookround:
I think there's probably two reasons - more people are falling out of playing so much, and also a lot of the time people get error messages when trying to visit. The second one is why I don't drop many chests, which is a shame, as I would be happy to do so if I could.
Good point, indeed.... (And, yes, the second one is absolutely my main reason.) Errors. Crashes. More crashes. More errors.

No update on mine yet - perhaps it's only out on IOS? There is definitely a way to turn off IAP on the kindle as well, but I haven't bothered, since it's only me that uses it.
I turned my IAPs off, so nothing happens if I accidentally land on the gem store... me and my clumsy hooves...!
I just checked an Android machine (and found a confirmation on reddit) - indeed it seems like it's iOS only.
Gameloft. *headdesk*  -_-

The strange thing is that it is not an actual update you have to install yourself. You just open the game, suddenly the loading screen turns all Saint-Patrick-y, and the new stuff is just there. Without any user intervention....  :blink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal