collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Plant Thread  (Read 34358 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: The Plant Thread
« Reply #840 on: Today at 02:06:52 AM »
I did a crazy thing pony friends.. there were clearance bonsai kits at the supermarket.. and I bought two on a whim. 

They're the seed ones... any tips? I don't have any green thumbs!

Thought they might be a good project for the kids and I. I know, I'm insane.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: The Plant Thread
« Reply #841 on: Today at 02:29:43 PM »
To be honest they could be anything. Does the kit say what species the seed is from? Bonsai can be made from a huge choice of plants. A lot of the traditional ones would grow into huge trees if they were left to grow outside in the soil. The thing that makes them small is the regular pruning of the shoots or roots. In the UK, some people find small sapling trees that self-seed around easily like hawthorn and make bonsai from those. Field maple is also popular. I have never thought about Australian native trees as bonsai, but clearly it's a thing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoGSO1gFyvw

Edit: I forgot to say that if bonsai is made from an outdoor tree you need to keep it outside most of the time.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:32:49 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal