collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Princess Amethyst / Sparkle Variant?  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
UK Princess Amethyst / Sparkle Variant?
« on: November 27, 2022, 09:50:10 AM »
Hi,

I had been bidding on these two princess variants on eBay a few weeks ago but someone contacted the seller to end them early & sell outside eBay 🙄

I hadn’t actually seen the Amethyst with Sunbeams symbol & red jewel before, so thought I’d share just incase she hasn’t been discovered yet? They are eBay pics so don’t think I can add to the nirvana gallery?

Also does anyone have the link for Shelti’s princess variant page too as the link I have doesn’t seem to be working? :cry:

Here’s the eBay pics:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Babydoll~

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: UK Princess Amethyst / Sparkle Variant?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 06:57:02 PM »
man thank goodness you snagged those pictures - so frustrating that the seller pulled the listing for a private sale :-( we lose so much history that way...

I have the sunbeam variant, so that one isn't OOAK and I think the princess crash variant has been documented but not 100% on that

and yeah I don't think shelti's site is up and running at this point

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 01:09:20 AM »
man thank goodness you snagged those pictures - so frustrating that the seller pulled the listing for a private sale :-( we lose so much history that way...

I have the sunbeam variant, so that one isn't OOAK and I think the princess crash variant has been documented but not 100% on that

and yeah I don't think shelti's site is up and running at this point

I know exactly there was a princess amber variant that I hadn’t seen before that got ended early last year too and I can’t find pics of her anywhere now wish I saved them :cry:

Ahhh that’s awesome you have her :heart: I haven’t seen her before so she must be pretty rare! And yeah the princess crash variant has been found didn’t mean to upload that pic it was just the Sunbeam/red jewel version I hadn’t seen before so thought she might be OOAK.

Ahhh that explains it then, it was such a good site aswell! Thanks for you help xx

Babydoll~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 08:13:25 AM »
I haven't paid a lot of attention to these in general but I feel like I've seen that variant before as well. I don't know if it was on Shelti's site or not though. PKW might know.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 08:46:09 AM »
I haven't paid a lot of attention to these in general but I feel like I've seen that variant before as well. I don't know if it was on Shelti's site or not though. PKW might know.

Yeah I usually check Shelti’s page but the link isn’t working for me :cry: I couldn’t see her on the nirvana gallery so thought I’d share the pic incase she was OOAK but I stand corrected, thanks for your help xx

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 09:04:44 AM »
There are three versions of Princess Amethyst with Princess Sunbeams symbol, one has the pink hair with silver tinsel, one had lilac pink hair and tri-coloured tinsel and the other the aqua hair with aqua tinsel. I appear to have somehow omitted the aqua haired version from the gallery (I thought I had added her, I think I need to check through the princesses again to check what I have added or missed). Both pictures below are of ponies that I own.

Aqua hair version

Pink hair version

Links for you to update your favorites:

https://pinkkittywinks.wixsite.com/mlparenagallery

http://www.princessvariants.com/index.html

There has been A LOT of princess variant auctions being ended early on eBay, and it is down to a couple of very competitive collectors have been asking for items to be ended early. It was always frowned upon to request a seller to end an auction early and when I asked on Facebook it apparently it still is frowned upon. One collector I know personally, has had MULTIPUL auctions for Princess variants that she was bidding on ended early/cancelled in the last 6-10 months, due to the seller being contacted and the auction ended.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 09:57:31 AM »
There are three versions of Princess Amethyst with Princess Sunbeams symbol, one has the pink hair with silver tinsel, one had lilac pink hair and tri-coloured tinsel and the other the aqua hair with aqua tinsel. I appear to have somehow omitted the aqua haired version from the gallery (I thought I had added her, I think I need to check through the princesses again to check what I have added or missed). Both pictures below are of ponies that I own.

Aqua hair version

Pink hair version

Links for you to update your favorites:

https://pinkkittywinks.wixsite.com/mlparenagallery

http://www.princessvariants.com/index.html

There has been A LOT of princess variant auctions being ended early on eBay, and it is down to a couple of very competitive collectors have been asking for items to be ended early. It was always frowned upon to request a seller to end an auction early and when I asked on Facebook it apparently it still is frowned upon. One collector I know personally, has had MULTIPUL auctions for Princess variants that she was bidding on ended early/cancelled in the last 6-10 months, due to the seller being contacted and the auction ended.

Love pkw xxx

Awww your girls are lovely PKW :heart: I hadn’t seen the aqua version before so thought I’d share just incase as there was a princess variant that got ended early last year which I hadn’t seen and I forgot to save the pics!

Yay thank you the link I have doesn’t work so thought her page was gone or something so thank you going to save this now!

Yes I knew it was frowned upon and I have noticed this happen alot too, if there is no best offer option I usually place a small bid & come back later to snipe but I watch a lot of pony lots and sometimes I don’t notice that they have been ended early & by the time I do they are long gone! I’m going save the pics from now on though!

Thanks for the info & help xx
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:16:55 AM by Babydoll »

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 09:59:31 AM »
honestly I am so old fashioned - still bummed so many sales have moved to FB that I cannot keep up since I don't FB much.  but yeah it's like we are a small community ya would think it wouldn't involve preying off an unsuspecting seller to get what you want to collect

at any rate - thanks a million PKW for providing pics and updating the nirvana wix site that really continues to be an invaluable resource :-)

and yes please babydoll please if you are able to at least snag pictures can keep at least the history / record digitally of variants that pop up in the wild
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:01:28 AM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 10:37:30 AM »
honestly I am so old fashioned - still bummed so many sales have moved to FB that I cannot keep up since I don't FB much.  but yeah it's like we are a small community ya would think it wouldn't involve preying off an unsuspecting seller to get what you want to collect

at any rate - thanks a million PKW for providing pics and updating the nirvana wix site that really continues to be an invaluable resource :-)

and yes please babydoll please if you are able to at least snag pictures can keep at least the history / record digitally of variants that pop up in the wild

Exactly!!! Plus surely half the fun in collecting is finding and sharing new variants so kind of sad that they just disappear!

Yes have to agree keep up the good work PKW :lovey: the gallery has always been my go to! :heart:

Will do, il be saving from now on!  ;)

Babydoll~

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 02:32:01 PM »
I am glad you both appreciate the nirvana gallery ^.^

I think the aqua haired version with Sunbeams symbol is harder to find, it took me a long time to track on down for my own collection.

BabyDoll: I barely look at eBay anymore for ponies, so I am probably missing out on all sorts :P I used to check eBay for ponies most days, I now maybe look a couple of times a month. If you see anything cool or unusual please share if you can :bigups:

MCM: I hear you, there are so many groups and so much trading, buying and selling goes on behind closed doors. I find it very difficult to keep up with pony prices now-a-days and it is usually sheer look if I find something I would like to buy and it is still available.

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 09:24:33 AM »
I knew PKW would have the answers!!

I think getting auctions closed early has always been considered a shameful practice in this community, although I know others where it has been ignored. It was a problem back when and still is, people who are selfish and greedy are still selfish and greedy and it's probably the same suspects as it was back then.

But you know. If having a lump of plastic means more to you than being respectful of living, breathing, fellow human collectors, then that's kind of sad imo. I do what Babydoll does - put a low bid to keep track (since my email doesn't always let through watchlist notes) and then snipe at the end. And if I lose, well then that's life. I would sell my collection tomorrow if I thought it had ever compromised my ethics.

But the people who do it know that it's frowned on. They keep a low profile and always have.

I don't like ebay's setup for ponies any more. It aggravates my organisational issues trying to dig out interesting ponies from G4 and G5 new retail spam, which is what the site is dogged with these days. I miss when ebay was aimed at private sellers exchanging old stuff and junk. Now it's invaded by the mainstream, it's no longer a great place to buy or sell ponies.

I have some items I need to offload but I keep postponing listing them because I honestly don't want to sell on ebay these days.

I'm also going to add that I feel buying and selling on social media is not very well regulated and manifestly unsafe unless you know the individuals in some greater way. I realise how the world is moving on, and I've basically accepted that I won't ever be properly trading or selling again, because I am not willing to sacrifice my safety or privacy to sell items on that kind of platform.

Here ends the sermon of grumpy Taffeta.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2022, 02:34:48 PM »
I am glad I could help :blush:

Taffeta, MCM and BabyDoll I hear you all on everything you have mentioned.

I had thought it was me just getting old and bad tempered :blush:

I have added Princess to the nirvana gallery and I have added the Princess Spotlight :bigups:

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal