collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you had any problems?  (Read 921 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Have you had any problems?
« on: March 06, 2015, 06:42:03 AM »
OK, so I had an auction on eBay for Twisty Tail. And as anyone knows, that pose is prone to have problems standing sometimes. That particular pony wasn't having any any more problems standing as any other pony in that pose as far as I was concerned, so I didn't say anything about it. But when the feedback came from the buyer (they didn't contact me, by the way, they just left the feedback), it said this:

"Pony does not stand well, which was not mentioned. But otherwise happy."

My question is is does anyone else mention that this pose has problems standing sometimes just to cover your tail to prevent this? I never expected this because this pose is known to be unstable and I've never had to mention it before and never had a buyer who has made a comment about it. I'm just curious whether I should mention this in the future to prevent this type of weird, underhanded comment.

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
Re: Have you had any problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 07:36:54 AM »
If a pony doesn't stand or a leg is bent slightly or something I definitely mention it because I don't know how someone will be displaying it. Usually on a shelf with many ponies it will be wedged in enough that it doesn't matter but they may be displaying or photographing individually. Not all people are familiar with every pose especially newer collectors or someone who may not have any other ponies in that pose so I would definitely add something like " has a little trouble standing as is common for ponies in this pose" to any future auctions for this pose of pony or any that are in a pose prone to falling over. It's not technically a flaw but something people would generally like to know about I think :)
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »
I would most likely mention it.

I though am overly obsessed with listing any flaw because of the way eBay handles item not as described cases. I mean a buyer could claim you farted on it and get there money back  :P Well not really but you know what I mean.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »
I'd mention it too, especially for eBay sales. It's true that it's not really a flaw, but on the other hand Ponylady's right that eBay will almost always side with the buyer on things like this. So it's better to note it rather than risk bad ratings for the item not being as described.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »
I have sold quite a few ponies on eBay and the pony forums with this particular pose. And until now, I've had no problems. And like I said, I had no problems with Twisty Tail standing for me (which is why it didn't even enter my mind to even think about it being a problem). But I altered my auction for TAF Love Melody just in case and I will just keep this in mind for future auctions because it just astounds me what people will complain about.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:17:02 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:18:38 PM »
I would mention it. When I got my first G1 baby pony, Baby Moondancer, I was puzzled at first because she wouldn't stand up right and it looked as though her legs were weirdly bent, especially the front one. I went to google and looked at images and found nearly every pony was the same with the front hoof raised off the ground, so I figured it must just be the pose, and a week or two later I saw a forum thread where others mentioned it being normal. But if I was not a pony lover and bought it on a whim, or was a parent buying for my child, I might not have bothered with research and just gone straight back to the seller to complain about the supposed 'flaw'. So I would recommend that any pose known for instability (Mimic, Buttons, Posey, Quackers, Truly, maybe Firefly) should be mentioned in the description just to reassure buyers that it's normal. It's not as big of a deal on the Arena because we're all pony lovers here, but for general audiences on a wide platform like eBay, cover all your bases.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »
I would mention it. When I got my first G1 baby pony, Baby Moondancer, I was puzzled at first because she wouldn't stand up right and it looked as though her legs were weirdly bent, especially the front one. I went to google and looked at images and found nearly every pony was the same with the front hoof raised off the ground, so I figured it must just be the pose, and a week or two later I saw a forum thread where others mentioned it being normal. But if I was not a pony lover and bought it on a whim, or was a parent buying for my child, I might not have bothered with research and just gone straight back to the seller to complain about the supposed 'flaw'. So I would recommend that any pose known for instability (Mimic, Buttons, Posey, Quackers, Truly, maybe Firefly) should be mentioned in the description just to reassure buyers that it's normal. It's not as big of a deal on the Arena because we're all pony lovers here, but for general audiences on a wide platform like eBay, cover all your bases.

If you start writing down prone to falling down for all of those poses, it's going to start getting a little ridiculous, don't you think? People are going to stop buying MLPs because they will think they are just going to all fall down. I definitely mention ponies that have trouble standing for me. Some stand on only three feet or wobble on a couple and I always mention that. And like I said before, I didn't have trouble with Twisty Tail. She stood fine for me. I took many pictures with her standing at different angles and she didn't fall once. That's why it didn't even cross my mind that someone would complain. I just asked to see if anyone else had anyone complain about a pose when it wasn't a flaw to see if they've altered their actions and if they have, what they've said so that I might try it.

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 04:05:14 AM »
I will just keep this in mind for future auctions because it just astounds me what people will complain about.

If you start writing down prone to falling down for all of those poses, it's going to start getting a little ridiculous, don't you think?

Despite having been a MLP collector for many years I had no idea about instability being a common problem with that particular pose. Yes, I would absolutely expect a seller to mention that a pony doesn't stand properly or keels over easily.

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 05:31:54 AM »
I would mention it as well with a pose that is prone to having this issue because even if your particular pony is fine when it leaves you, if it gets things thrown on top of it in the mail etc then it could well arrive with the legs bent so that it doesn't stand properly ;)   (not your fault I know but worth mentioning: say something like "this particular pony pose can sometimes have issues standing up properly. I have not had any problems with the pony in this auction/ listing personally though " in your own words of course :relaxed:
its a pity your buyer didn't contact you first before leaving feedback

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 09:40:19 AM »
I don't mention it for every pony in that pose, but if a particular Love Melody or Posey or whoever topples over, leans to the side, or even has one hoof that doesn't quite touch the ground, then I mention it.  I do consider it a flaw.  A factory flaw, and a common one, but a flaw.

But in this case the pony stood nicely for you, so . . . I guess something like Ringlet suggested would cover all options.  Some ponies do seem to topple more on certain surfaces.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:45:08 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal