collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 68939 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #810 on: May 22, 2023, 02:30:37 AM »
I've already finnished my workday and it's not even midday yet. Been out walking with Ninja (one of my cats), and am gonna take a longer walk when I've finnished my cup of tea. Either today or tomorrow I'm gonna plant the seeds in my pallet collar, I think it's warm enough outside during the night for it. Yesterday I cleaned it up from weeds and my mint had spread allover it. I though it had died because it was so brown a couple of days ago, but the sun just made it pop. I hade mint even in my chives! lol Oh.. and I'm gonna bask in the sun on the balcony with the cats while eating ice cream.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 22, 2023, 06:08:14 PM »
I just saw my first firefly of the year!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 23, 2023, 04:12:24 AM »
As you will have seen in Woolcraft thread I finished the crochet pattern & reviewed it, but that took so long to do I hardly got anything else done!!! No baking or anything!!!
Made it to Coffee today, & there was yarn on the table, & not just mine. There was a colour I didn't have so I picked it up. The rest will go to a pal who grabs yarn too.
Obviously quiet, except going through my Scarlet supplies like the clappers again...

Gator how lovely!!! I wish we had fireflies here, or even gloworms!!! They're so pretty!!!
Beldarna sounds so relaxing xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #813 on: May 23, 2023, 04:22:32 AM »
I finally got some decent sleep. My plans today are to visit my mom and bring her all her goodies. Then when I'm back home, more chores. Dishes, laundry. I need to respray for ants. They were coming from two different places this morning plus I saw some in the bathroom (there is no food in there so I don't know why they are in there).

I also need to go to the bank but I don't know if I'll get to that today.

When the chores are done, working on ponies. I'm almost finished with one commission.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #814 on: May 24, 2023, 07:13:55 AM »
Antman and the Wasp Quantumania. Was pretty good. 8/10.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 24, 2023, 09:11:16 AM »
Koudo, nice!!!
BC, glad you got stuff done!!!

Reduced to clear mushrooms have been turning up a bit, so I decided to use up the last of the old milk making mushroom soup. Soup turned out lovely but the pan!!! I HATE burnt milk at the bottom of the pan & I have to shift it if I want to make tomato soup next week... Left it soaking overnight. Will see if that's done anything...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #816 on: May 24, 2023, 10:23:38 AM »
Oh, you know what's good for that? Coarse salt and half a lemon! You can also try vinegar and baking soda with some water, and bring it to a boil. It will lift the burnt milk right off.

I was able to visit my mom yesterday :) She was very happy with her goodies, some candy and a stuffed puffin (her favorite bird). I brought her some movies to watch too. Some of the people who work there have brought her movies too, which I think is nice. Her roommate keeps stealing from her though. She stole her hand lotion and some lip balm. My mom got the lotion back thanks to a nurse. My mom has also caught her drinking her water :crazy: My mom doesn't really have anywhere else to put stuff but in the dresser drawer or the table, and she can't put her water in the drawer. So now she's suspicious about everything and I would be too.

Anyway, it was a nice visit. I was fighting a headache all day yesterday so I didn't do much when I got home, but I just now got the dishes done. Laundry is next, need to wash my towels. My wrist hurts today, so I'm taking a break from ponies.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 24, 2023, 02:14:11 PM »
I set some Lofty’s to soak in conditioner then went to cut grass. 
I had a bait Lofty I was deflocking.  She had some damage to her muzzle.  I don’t know is she is a member here, but someone from one of the pony Facebook groups offered to send me a Lofty head.  When the package arrived, it was two whole Lofty’s that had been started in the deflocking process! 
That was so kind of her!!!  So I’ve been finishing up all three, just need to style their hair now.

And it was neat that she lives in my state, so now I know a fellow pony collector who is nearby!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 25, 2023, 05:42:22 PM »
Ponybookworm, Eh, it's really annoying when milk (or any food) burns to the bottom of the pan! It's really annoying trying to wash it off. >_<
I hope BC's tip helps you!  :)

BC, It's great to hear that you were able to visit your mother and that she was happy. :heart:
It really sounds miserable that she has a thief like that as a roommate. :pout: Can't the nurses do anything about it?
I hope the headaches stay away! :hug:

Gator, that sounds really great!  :happy:

---

On Wednesday I managed to do a little "garden work".
Four times I wheelbarrowed large pieces of wood in front of the outdoor warehouse to wait for chopping with an axe. In the middle of the backyard, under the tarp, there is still a big pile of these big pieces of wood waiting to be moved. -_- The big old tree in the backyard had broken down in the winter and it was completely cut down then and chopped into pieces with a chainsaw. That pile of wood should have been moved and chopped already early in the spring when there was still frost and snow, but I postponed and avoided this work all the time until this far into the early summer. :bolt: Now I just have to do it no matter how warm it is outside and no matter how many mosquitoes there are, I don't dare move it anymore. :facepalm: Even though I don't want to do that at all.

Guess if I was sweaty, exhausted and eaten by mosquitoes when I finished the chores! It was 24 degrees at the time, which is way too warm for me! I did take a shower as soon as I got inside, it made me feel a little better.
:hot:

Thursday was a rest day because my back hurt. Rain is forecast for Friday.  :relaxed:

(Sorry for all the spelling mistakes! :blush:)
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 26, 2023, 05:05:11 AM »
Bit of effort & repeated soaks did it. Will have to remember the vinegar & baking soda trick next time I make a creamy soup.
BC I'm glad you got to see your mother!!! You need to have words with the room-mate along the lines of "don't just take stuff without asking" though  :enraged: I hate stealing & it's happened to me before!!!
Gator I hope you have lots of Lofty fun!!!
HOM this is why I hate mosquitos & midges: the horrible bites!!! We have midges here, mostly on the West Coast, & they see me as meals on legs!!! I hope you had a cream to apply on you xxx

I have a yarn which is white-ish with brown bits in it, & I thought it would be fun to crochet some animals in it. It's a thin yarn, taking a 2mm hook, so I did the cat pattern first. The cat is the right size yaiy!!! But the yarn was doubled up for some odd reason. Cue spending most of the day separating out the yarn with assorted curses, tediousness, & frustrations. Hardly even got on the sharky server!!!
And when I DID get on the sharky server I noticed how emotional I'm getting, because I felt like nobody missed me, then nearly cried when they showed they did, in fact, care about me xxx I wish I wasn't this weak I swear!!! Being 49 stinks...
Today I got another response about the bundle I want. Not available until JUNE!!! Again. So I just gave up & bought another Pony not in the bundle, & bought some other stuff too.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 27, 2023, 11:12:38 AM »
Finally got to my free patterns!!! First stop: there were two manatee patterns & I had o do them. Did the first in fluffy purple & pastel rainbow, & the second in pastel rainbow. Overall the first is my fave, except the tail of the second is better. Might have to adjust the tails on the first ones...
My fave is the one by Manatee Squares if anybody is interested in searching for the pattern. I love how everything is one piece except the flippers xxx

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 27, 2023, 12:01:07 PM »
I’m trying to keep snakes away from my baby birds!  They already got into one of my bluebird boxes.  Now they are hanging around my house wrens!  Saw two snakes in the backyard yesterday!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 28, 2023, 09:39:13 AM »
I'm still alive!

Just trying to keep my head above water with work and farm life. I've been blessed with another co-worker after two months of running a storefront almost by myself, so that takes a huge amount of stress off my shoulders. Hope everyone is doing well!
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #823 on: May 28, 2023, 10:49:07 AM »
I haven't been sleeping :yawn: I think I'm going a little crazy.

Plans are... non existent because my brain is not working and I'm so tired. On Tuesday I see the cardiologist. I got stuff to make burgers for today or tomorrow. I've been eating cereal everyday for every meal since I'm too tired to cook, but the burgers sound super good and I got all the fixings, so... we'll see.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 29, 2023, 05:46:39 AM »
BC I hope you get the burgers made!!! And also sort your sleep issues xxx
Pheasant it's good you have a co-worker taking some of the load off you xxx
Gator naughty snakes!!!

Made a hammerhead shark pattern & it's so cute!!!

Coming to the end of my cycle so laundry is on!!! Clean me + clean clothes + clean bedding = comfort!!!
Also found some really small crochet patterns for bears & bunnies & am making a few for Pony toys!!! They're fiddly but worth it, especially if I use the fluffy Binky yarn (both more fiddle & more worth)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal