collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 679
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Spoiler! Name and Gender Revealed of Cadance's and Shining's Baby  (Read 8447 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Spoiler! Name and Gender Revealed of Cadance's and Shining's Baby
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »
Well I can already say I've seen fan art of this foal, lol, not very much in the pony groups I'm in on DA but I've seen some elsewhere.. I typed in MLP Flurry Heart in google image search shows more than I expected (though after about 3 or 4 lines of images, they become unrelated to the pony herself)

I have to agree with a few people that this was a opportunity to have a new character toy as a boy, I think girls would have still loved a baby boy pony in the set regardless.

I'm just hoping Hasbro keeps the idea that the baby does not have her symbol yet... unless there is a loophole the says Alicorns don't need to find out what their special trait is for them to have their symbol..
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »
We can hope that they will have another kid too right? I mean most ponies have several siblings. Maybe the door isn't closed yet for a Alicorn Boy...?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »
We can hope that they will have another kid too right? I mean most ponies have several siblings. Maybe the door isn't closed yet for a Alicorn Boy...?

Good point! Most of the mane six all have siblings that we know of- Twilight, Pinkie, Apple, Rarity... don't know about the two pegs.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2016, 11:22:20 AM »

Good point! Most of the mane six all have siblings that we know of- Twilight, Pinkie, Apple, Rarity... don't know about the two pegs.
Yeah most of the ponies have siblings.. Fluttershy and RD are the only two we really don't know about as far as family wise

Edit: though my friend says it's unlikely that if Flurry gets a brother we won't get a toy.. according to him Toy Manufacturers are still stuck in the 70's mindset of girls don't like toys that are boys and are reluctant to even do so..

But my thought is that if she does get a brother.. he's going to be a Unicorn or Pegasus. If being born an Alicorn is as rare as they say then yeah..
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:30:29 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2016, 03:29:14 PM »
Well I can already say I've seen fan art of this foal, lol, not very much in the pony groups I'm in on DA but I've seen some elsewhere.. I typed in MLP Flurry Heart in google image search shows more than I expected (though after about 3 or 4 lines of images, they become unrelated to the pony herself)

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't planning on drawing fanart of her myself, as mixed as I am about her. ^^'  i totally want to try drawing her as an older princess/queen pony.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2016, 08:46:26 AM »

Yeah most of the ponies have siblings.. Fluttershy and RD are the only two we really don't know about as far as family wise

Edit: though my friend says it's unlikely that if Flurry gets a brother we won't get a toy.. according to him Toy Manufacturers are still stuck in the 70's mindset of girls don't like toys that are boys and are reluctant to even do so..

But my thought is that if she does get a brother.. he's going to be a Unicorn or Pegasus. If being born an Alicorn is as rare as they say then yeah..
Well the lack of any stallions brushables in g4 besides shining armor kinda confirms that...And it's a shame because i would love to see more boys in g4.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
It's a pity that ,unless there is a big time jump on the show, we will never see Flurry as a kid let alone as an adult.

Kanchii

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2016, 09:53:19 AM »
It's a pity that ,unless there is a big time jump on the show, we will never see Flurry as a kid let alone as an adult.

I know, I'm totally sad about that. I'd love to see what she looks like as an adult. :(

And can we discuss her wings? What do you think - is she like a Dumbo but with huge wings? Is that what they were all shocked about when they saw her? That's all I can figure.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
I just showed my 6yo the pictures, and the first words were "Awwww...whoa, those are some BIG wings!" She saw the castle and was like "meh. it's only one color." So there's the target audience's opinion.

MY opinion pretty much echoes everything that's been said...Hasbro fails again. Give us BOYS!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »
I don't see how Flurry being an boy would change things tbh. At that age they pretty much look the same anyways and its not like we are ever going to see her as an adult. I'd rather get an adult stallion than the new baby be a boy.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Kanchii

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
I dont think there was any chance of getting a boy. Little girls like princesses because they want to be princesses. Little girls are the target audience. Most young girls would prefer a girl over a boy, IMO.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2016, 12:21:50 PM »
I don't see how Flurry being an boy would change things tbh. At that age they pretty much look the same anyways and its not like we are ever going to see her as an adult. I'd rather get an adult stallion than the new baby be a boy.
Lol if they ever made her grow up then they would have to make the CMCs grow up and they can't have that :P

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2016, 01:02:36 AM »
Pink Princess girl, Hasbro is soooo lazy there.

But the toy is cute, I hope they will release it not only in the playset, or in a regular brushable version.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 07:27:33 PM »
Lol if they ever made her grow up then they would have to make the CMCs grow up and they can't have that :P

They could have a time travel episode and we see the future of Flurry Heart's reign... this show has already done time travel twice! lol.

I don't understand the mindset that girls' toy lines shouldn't have boy characters. My friend who has a daughter recently got into MLP's (she's 4 years old) and my friend is constantly asking me for advice about the toys and episodes now, since she knows I'm such a big fan of the line. The thing she says to me most often is "Why can't I ever find any boy pony toys? Izi keeps saying she wants princes to go with her princess ponies." o.0 It's obvious girls would buy boy characters as much as girls!

(I gifted Izi the Funko mini Shining Armor and she loved him lol. She likes his little red coat.)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

zenith

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »
I saw the leaked clip the morning it made its way onto the internet...and by that afternoon photos of (very well crafted) plushies were floating across my Facebook feed...this community never ceases to amaze me.

Should be a fun premier though, as there's all kinds of directions they could take this!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal