collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Hikari - Prepare to be disappointed  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Funko Hikari - Prepare to be disappointed
« on: September 08, 2015, 12:39:41 AM »
I've just received my Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash regular version and am shocked at her poor quality! Everything I've heard about Hikari has led me to believe that their high price and limited run would ensure they are of top quality, but mine is worse than the Funko Vinyls I own!

I'm going to be writing an email to Funko to express my extreme disappointment over the poor quality of this so called 'premium quality collectable', especially since I forked out $130AUD ($90USD) for her from an Australian distributor.

I though I'd post this in the Corral instead of the Support forum so more people would see my warning, but I am still asking for advice. If it needs moving feel free.  ^.^

Here's some photos I took of my Rainbow Dash with her flaws pointed out. Am I right to complain, I'm not just being picky am I? Tell me she really is terrible quality. What should I do?! :cry:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Closeup of wing gap...

:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Funko Hikari - Prepare to be disappointed
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:04:17 AM »
I wouldn't call that "premium collector's quality" O-o I would be super-disappointed, too. Especially at that price!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:07:00 AM »
oh I see why youre disappointed :/ so much money and thats what you got :( really sorry to hear that!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 01:11:16 AM »
Wow, it looks like a piece of rubbish that has already been spent some time in the trash can ... And for that price.
I'd be extremely disappointed and angry too.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 05:03:45 AM »
I apologize because I was someone who sang the praises of the Hikari figures based on my rainbow Stay Puft (who really has zero problems... I wasn't lying!) but...wow. That's bad.

Although I think most people keep their figures in the boxes, which would explain the lack of complaints on the Funatic forums. I hardly ever see mentions of bad quality, which I guess makes sense if these people aren't looking at and inspecting the whole thing.

You have every right to complain.  Almost makes me want to cancel my metallic Rainbow Dash Hikari order. :cry:
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 05:08:28 AM »
Wow, that's terrible.
:( I hope this company has good customer support. At that price point, you deserve something of higher quality.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lilpnay

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Collect what you love <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 06:48:12 AM »
Oh no!! That's awful :( I don't collect Hikari but I've heard great things about the line and the quality so I'm surprised yours has so many flaws.

If you're planning on emailing Funko only just know they likely can't do anything other than tell their manufacturer...I ordered a convention exclusive Funko Pop figure from one of their authorized retailers and it was missing an arm. I emailed them and they said they can't replace because they don't have any on-hand and there was nothing they could do. I did email the retailer (it was actually an Austrialian one, Popcultcha) about it and, even though it was sold out, the customer service rep searched their warehouse and hunted down a new figure for me and sent it out free (it took him almost a week to find one, I honestly thought he was just jerking me around but he legitimately looked for a replacement).

Even though they likely can't do anything, I think you should still email Funko so that they know there's an issue and can talk to their manufacturer to have it fixed for the next production. But definitely contact the retailer you bought the figure from since they may be able to actually do something for you.

Roxanne

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 06:55:59 AM »
You have every right to complain! For that price you should have something a lot better than this!!

I bought figures that were only half the price of this and that looked A LOT better than this. I'm sorry this happened to you, hope you can work something out!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
Wow, that is shameful quality for that price.  Hopefully it's just a one-off bad one and the others people ordered are fine.  I would definitely send in a complaint, it can't hurt!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:10 AM »
Oh DEAR!  :shocked: Thats just as bad quality as the first wave of regular Funko ponies! I see lines on her body too, like scratches or where it didnt mold properly! So dissapointing! Not worth $90. Maybe like $14 for the quality.

Have they had the purpleish ombre one for sale yet? Thats the only one I want and the quality doesnt look too terrible on that one. So far its the metallic amd regular version released, right?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:37 AM »
Have they had the purpleish ombre one for sale yet? Thats the only one I want and the quality doesnt look too terrible on that one. So far its the metallic amd regular version released, right?

Yeah, that's it so far.  There's also no guarantee that all of the different versions we saw will actually get made, so keep that in mind.
Instagram / Want List

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 10:24:27 AM »
Wow.  Those Hikari figures are not cheap and that kind of quality control is disgusting, especially considering how simple the pony designs are (and really, Funko, they are super duper simple). You could buy a highly-detailed and near flawless Japanese figure for that sort of money. Heck, Hasbro's £2 blind bags have fewer flaws than that...

Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 10:25:35 AM »
Waw...the quality doesn't look any better than that of a regular Funko. So much for the "Funko has bad quality because of their cheap prices".

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
I am sure Funko or the retailer you bought her from will give you a refund if you are not happy? Funko is a pretty awesome little company and they are really good to their fans and customers so you could always contact them directly if going through the retailer didn't work out?

I am a little shocked you paid $90 for her though since she is only supposed to be $59?  Was shipping $30 or something?  If not you got ripped off from someone for sure... http://www.geminicollectibles.net/funko-my-little-pony-original-rainbow-dash-hikari-sofubi-vinyl-figure-le-700-pre-order-arriving-sept-9-2015/

Maybe I am more used to buying hand-finished things but I am not seeing terrible flaws (to me) the gaps seem to be related to having to cast Dash in multiple pieces- and I'm not so sure the line on the eyes is a misprint?  It is not perfect for sure- but maybe I am just not as picky.  My vinyls have some pretty horrendous flaws- and their packaging is a mess usually...

I am really sorry your pony seems to have flaws though and that you are disappointed!

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 10:38:49 AM »
I'm sorry that you aren't happy with your hikari. I have not seen any of the RD production pieces. I did see the samples that were on display at toyfair but don't really know about the flaws.

The wing gap is not great.

I do hope that the retailer or Funko can help you.

I wonder if those hoo have pree-ordered in the US will get them soon. I also wonder how many variants will be released.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal