collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will Ditzy Doo be released for the UK PonyCon...?  (Read 10277 times)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: Will Ditzy Doo be released for the UK PonyCon...?
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »
That's weird because they have sponsored the German Fair in the past
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
If they told the German Con that it was a 1,000 minimum (which is usually the standard) I'm wondering if it was simply a typo in the email going to the UK?  However, fifty bucks says whoever spoke to Germany is not the same person who talked to the UK.  In my experience, the different departments you have deal with at Hasbro when setting up a custom order have a habit of not communicating well.  I think whoever the UK folks talked to is just pulling some random information out of her patooty!  Probably someone who can't be bothered to actually do the work involved to help them out, so she'd rather just come up with an impossible requirment and then hope she doesn't have to worry about it again.  (Or he, whatevs.)  Even if they did agree to buy 10,000 ridiculous pieces, Hasbro really wouldn't be able to claim that this pony is much of an exclusive would they?

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
only once did hasbro donate the ponies to UK ponycon UK ponycon has paid hasbro for the rest exclusive ponies in the past in the past the fair have generously donated a few bay breeze's and a trolly and frisco to us

UK ponycon has always loved being able to bring an exclusive to the UK for the collectors, plus it helps raise funds for our chosen charities too

love pkw xxx

Sorry, I guess I worded that a little wrong, or rather should have put some info from my post before into that last one.  I just wanted to give some insight since I have past experience with buying a design/production run. 

It's really more about the run than the cost.  I think the UK Con usually does about 300 exclusives each year, right?  300 is not enough for Hasbro to do an individual run, whether paid for or donated.  Because the Fair and SDCC order at least 1,000 pieces (the minimum amount to put a pony into a production run) then they can run an extra 300 or whatever that UK ordered.  That's how it was explained to me by Hasbro in years past.  I'm thinking this year, since the SDCC sales are basically all thier own, they decided to keep the majority of pieces made for themselves, and set a small amount aside for the Fair.  I'm assuming since an exclusive design has been purchased and produced by the Fair for several years now, they were willing to do at least that. 

It would have been nice if they set an amount aside for UK to purchase as well, but I think they're focusing on holding all the profit themselves with this one.  Sucks. 

no need to be sorry :hug: :)

i appreciate your post :) how you have worked with hasbro is very different to ponycon's experience.

the ponycon has had between 60-250 (max) ponies per year, but it has always been upto hasbro how many ponies ponycon gets. ponycon is simply told how many hasbro uk can get hold of. in its simplest form: ponycon ask hasbro uk if there is the chance of a pony, then hasbro uk then ask hasbro us if there are ponies, who then report back to hasbro uk, who get back to ponycon. there is no short cut though, believe me ponycon has tried every which way :(

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »
That's weird because they have sponsored the German Fair in the past

according to Hasbro Germany : its impossible and forbidden to do so... "german rights say so" ... Well I heard they want to give some prizes for the competitions... the organizer of the german con told me, that Hasbro asked if its ok to give old stuff. I bet they will give G3.5 or something. 10 dozens of talking Starsong... o.o just as last year XD
Well at least we can be happy that there will be anything :/

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 03:22:25 AM »
only once did hasbro donate the ponies to UK ponycon UK ponycon has paid hasbro for the rest exclusive ponies in the past in the past the fair have generously donated a few bay breeze's and a trolly and frisco to us

UK ponycon has always loved being able to bring an exclusive to the UK for the collectors, plus it helps raise funds for our chosen charities too

love pkw xxx

Sorry, I guess I worded that a little wrong, or rather should have put some info from my post before into that last one.  I just wanted to give some insight since I have past experience with buying a design/production run. 

It's really more about the run than the cost.  I think the UK Con usually does about 300 exclusives each year, right?  300 is not enough for Hasbro to do an individual run, whether paid for or donated.  Because the Fair and SDCC order at least 1,000 pieces (the minimum amount to put a pony into a production run) then they can run an extra 300 or whatever that UK ordered.  That's how it was explained to me by Hasbro in years past.  I'm thinking this year, since the SDCC sales are basically all thier own, they decided to keep the majority of pieces made for themselves, and set a small amount aside for the Fair.  I'm assuming since an exclusive design has been purchased and produced by the Fair for several years now, they were willing to do at least that. 

It would have been nice if they set an amount aside for UK to purchase as well, but I think they're focusing on holding all the profit themselves with this one.  Sucks. 

no need to be sorry :hug: :)

i appreciate your post :) how you have worked with hasbro is very different to ponycon's experience.

the ponycon has had between 60-250 (max) ponies per year, but it has always been upto hasbro how many ponies ponycon gets. ponycon is simply told how many hasbro uk can get hold of. in its simplest form: ponycon ask hasbro uk if there is the chance of a pony, then hasbro uk then ask hasbro us if there are ponies, who then report back to hasbro uk, who get back to ponycon. there is no short cut though, believe me ponycon has tried every which way :(

love pkw xxx

edit! i got my numbers wrong :P 60-500 ponies, not 250 ;)  500 (pinki pie) was the most we ever got, the past few years we have only been able to purchase 60 ponies (meadow and isis)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Reaperfox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dream Somehow | Geek Lifestyle, Disney & Travel Blog
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 03:55:37 AM »
It's worth noting that we have emailled Hasbro *six times* asking for clarification or help in any form, and had no response. Now in the process of calling to try and speak to a human being who will actually try and work with us in any way whatsoever.

As MLPLaura said already, it was 10k pieces, not £s or $s. Sigh.

Dream Someohw // Art & Nerdy Lifestyle Blog
http://www.dreamsomehow.com

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 09:15:33 AM »
I can only imagine the amount of time and effort you and the committee are putting into this Reaperfox! Thanks for continuing to try...

Are HB just being even more unhelpful than normal this year do you feel?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
Hey guys, just got back from my holiday and foudn this thread. As Ponycon's Chair this year can i just say how nice it is to see the support you guys have here for the con :D I can honestly say that after seeing how much you guys want us to have :muffin: Pony at this years con, it makes me more determined to get on at Hasbro to see if we can secure even a few for the convention goers :) As others have said, the 10,000 figure is ponies and not money. I'm actually surprised that the other cons have been told that the basic run of a pony is 1,000 as I have been told in all my dealings with Hasbro that the minimum run is 10,000 which is just madness. Thanks again for the support guys and i really do hope we can do something for you :)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
Thank you archer, sounds like a big headache for all of you on the committee! :hug:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
I read the whole thread and just got annoyed with bronies being mean about the other generations being at the convention

Don't they know, but for G1 there would be no FIM?

I missed all the Brony fun as I came at the very end of the very last day (only day I could make it).  I am kind of sad I missed out on some of the activities and meeting people.  I didn't see any Bronys...or did I and I didn't know it?  Most of the people I talked to were there selling G1s or customs. 

10,000 units is way way too many.  I can't believe they didn't just save you 100 or so for your event.  It is not fair. 

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »
We all appreciate what you do! And I can't believe Hasbro said 10,000 units....that many extra Ditzys doesn't make her particularly exclusive.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »
I'm so not surprised by this...  annoyed on behalf of collectors, but not surprised. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal